Page 35 of 233 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

I guess that answers why we have no Aquaman book - nobody wants to write it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Another new Williamson interview( this time a podcast): https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...e-of-dc-comics

mostly the same stuff he's talked about in earlier interviews this week, but he does says he was offered a Aqauaman book but turned it down. He also talks about not being that invested in justice leaue odyssey and that's why the book had a lot of issues in the beginning, he wished Abnett was on the book from the start.
    Me too. I feel that if he had, JLO would be a staple at least in back-ups like JLD is...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Something I loved about Williamson's The Flash was the introspective voice he gave Barry. That was something missing from DeConnick's Aquaman; it rarely felt like Arthur was the POV character and we didn't know what was going on in his head.

I think Williamson would be a great fit for all thinks Atlantean, but yes, if he doesn't want to then he shouldn't. Glad to hear he does though, eventually!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess that answers why we have no Aquaman book - nobody wants to write it at the moment.
    no Shea said it is all sales related

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    no Shea said it is all sales related
    I'm guessing they want a bigger writer on the book who would help bring sales to the book. For a book like aquaman that isn't guranteed sales, they can't just put a unproven future state writer on the book like with Superman and harley quin..
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-31-2021 at 01:10 PM.

I don't know if she has any interest either, but I'd love to see Gail Simone on Aquaman. She may not be marquee level, but she brings a loyal following of her own. Couple them with the existing Aqua-fans and DC might actually move some numbers.

It would also address what's become a personal pet peeve; woman writers only being given woman characters to write*.

*Yes, I realize we just had KSD. I'm generalizing.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I'm guessing they want a bigger writer on the book who would help bring sales to the book. For a book like aquaman that isn't guranteed sales, they can't just put a unproven future state writer on the book like with Superman and harley quin..
    but shea is saying if future state Aquaman goes well, we get a book, so it does not depend on whom the writer is or whom they might want. If its as you say, only one writer can achieve great sales with Aquaman and I doubt that he will return to write it. Besides Joshua was offered the book more than a year ago when it was still having decent sales.

but shea is saying if future state Aquaman goes well, we get a book, so it does not depend on whom the writer is or whom they might want. If its as you say, only one writer can achieve great sales with Aquaman and I doubt that he will return to write it. Besides Joshua was offered the book more than a year ago when it was still having decent sales.
    Which makes no sense to me. We all know that if Future State: Aquaman "does well" they'll interpret it as we want more of that. Not that I don't like Baby Andy and Jackson, but I want a real Aquaman book first. If Future State: Aquaman flops, they'll also misinterpret that as no one wanting *any* Aquaman book.

Basically DC editorially are clueless either way.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I don't know if she has any interest either, but I'd love to see Gail Simone on Aquaman. She may not be marquee level, but she brings a loyal following of her own. Couple them with the existing Aqua-fans and DC might actually move some numbers.

It would also address what's become a personal pet peeve; woman writers only being given woman characters to write*.

*Yes, I realize we just had KSD. I'm generalizing.
    Ksd was claimed to have a loyal following of her own, well it doesn't seem it worked.

Ksd was claimed to have a loyal following of her own, well it doesn't seem it worked.
    She also doesn't generally do superheroes well, which her indy following have little interest in anyway. So they probably didn't show up for the party this time.

Simone, on the other hand, has a track record of successful runs with established DC/Marvel franchises.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Which makes no sense to me. We all know that if Future State: Aquaman "does well" they'll interpret it as we want more of that. Not that I don't like Baby Andy and Jackson, but I want a real Aquaman book first. If Future State: Aquaman flops, they'll also misinterpret that as no one wanting *any* Aquaman book.

Basically DC editorially are clueless either way.
    but that is what Shea is saying, she was also angry that some fans resorted to pirates sites to read Aquaman FS, saying it was not the way to have the book back soon.

She also doesn't generally do superheroes well, which her indy following have little interest in anyway. So they probably didn't show up for the party this time.

Simone, on the other hand, has a track record of successful runs with established DC/Marvel franchises.
    I am resigned that only one writer can bring in the numbers with Aquaman.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-31-2021 at 01:30 PM.

but that is what Shea is saying, she was also angry that some fans resorted to pirates sites to read Aquaman FS, saying it was not the way to have the book back soon.
    I definitely agree with her on that note....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I definitely agree with her on that note....
    on that yes, but not pinning any future Aquaman book on Future state doing well. Which btw got no promotion by DC, and it was left to fans to do the promotion. If it does well thanks to them, spurred by shea's comments that they will get the book back if it does well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Which is what I meant, sorry if that wasn't communicated well.

Which is what I meant, sorry if that wasn't communicated well.
    no problem, anyhow its dumb stupid, they are pinning the future of Aquaman, on a book that isn't about the regular characters. So if it flops they blame the regular book.