Page 36 of 233 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    I am resigned that only one writer can bring in the numbers with Aquaman.
    Who do you propose? Apologies if you already mentioned them, I missed a few pages in the thread.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Who do you propose? Apologies if you already mentioned them, I missed a few pages in the thread.
    Well if you want big sales Johns and would like him to finish the 7 kingdoms story. But thats a dream.
    I liked Ron Marz and Andy Lanning. They did a very good job in Aquaman 66, the most issue I really enjoyed in years.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-31-2021 at 04:21 PM.

I don't think that DC is really going to make a decision on Aquaman's book based on how Future State mini did. Its just what else is that person supposed to say? Hey guys, it doesn't matter if you buy it or not, but please buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think that DC is really going to make a decision on Aquaman's book based on how Future State mini did. Its just what else is that person supposed to say? Hey guys, it doesn't matter if you buy it or not, but please buy it?
    It has been confirmed even by other sources not just by her. The Aquaverse which is the most reliable source on Aquaman around also said that before Shea and when Aquaverse says so, trust them. Back in March/April of last year they said long before anyone that the book would be canceled and so it was.

Well if you want big sales Johns and would like him to finish the 7 kingdoms story. But thats a dream.
    I liked Ron Marz and Andy Lanning. They did a very good job in Aquaman 66, one of the most issues I really enjoyed in years.
    Dunno if Johns would bring big sales anymore, Shazam didn’t get the same boost as Johns past books.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dunno if Johns would bring big sales anymore, Shazam didn’t get the same boost as Johns past books.
    but shazam was hampered by intermittent release - first issues had a 40k average and DC would take that for a shazam book
    Three jokers did extremely well, beyond expectations, 200k for the last issue alone.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-31-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    The classic "IF you buy it you MAY get (blank) into a series."

A LIE that is told constantly. That MANY fall for or use as a bullying tactic.

See Black Panther. A certain weather queen's fandom constantly went after his fans to buy Coates horrible run. In hopes sales would get HER a book.
    As I POINTED out to them-whose name is on the cover? When sales are looked at the accountants see BLACK PANTHER. They are NOT reading the book. They see sales and that name. Black Panther volume 8 is a closer reality than Storm volume 2.

Same with Hal Jordan & TGLC-we saw WHO get a book after that run? It was not Simon or Jessica. Where did Simon go? HE was a co-lead in a book for 50 issues.

Future State Aquaman should NOT determine Aquaman volume 9. He has 8 other volumes. 1994-2020 he has 232 solo issues. He has over 300 issues. A BILLION dollar movie.

It's not ever a QUESTION. It's WHEN is volume 9 coming.

Future State should be JUDGE on if Aqualad and Andy can get minis or one shots in the future. Mainly for Aqualad since he is on a show and has an OGN already out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The classic "IF you buy it you MAY get (blank) into a series."

A LIE that is told constantly. That MANY fall for or use as a bullying tactic.

See Black Panther. A certain weather queen's fandom constantly went after his fans to buy Coates horrible run. In hopes sales would get HER a book.
    As I POINTED out to them-whose name is on the cover? When sales are looked at the accountants see BLACK PANTHER. They are NOT reading the book. They see sales and that name. Black Panther volume 8 is a closer reality than Storm volume 2.

Same with Hal Jordan & TGLC-we saw WHO get a book after that run? It was not Simon or Jessica. Where did Simon go? HE was a co-lead in a book for 50 issues.

Future State Aquaman should NOT determine Aquaman volume 9. He has 8 other volumes. 1994-2020 he has 232 solo issues. He has over 300 issues. A BILLION dollar movie.

It's not ever a QUESTION. It's WHEN is volume 9 coming.

Future State should be JUDGE on if Aqualad and Andy can get minis or one shots in the future. Mainly for Aqualad since he is on a show and has an OGN already out.
    but its not just Shea alone saying that. Even other sources confirmed that BEFORE Shea said anything and they have no reason of bullying tactics.
    As for Andy they have big plans for her.

BTW its Aquaman 80th anniversary this year and speaks volumes they have no ongoing announced.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-31-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Bryan Hitch is doing either an issue or a cover for Thorne's GL book:

https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...46482614464512
    Presumably this is for a variant for a future issue since he did a variant for issue #1:

Astonishing Member

but shazam was hampered by intermittent release - first issues had a 40k average and DC would take that for a shazam book
    Three jokers did extremely well, beyond expectations, 200k for the last issue alone.
    To be fair, Three Jokers has Batman and Joker with many references to old stories, it is almost impossible this would have low sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Presumably this is for a variant for a future issue since he did a variant for issue #1:

This looks like a more appropriate #1 cover.

That's a much more marketable cover than the main one. Sometimes it almost look like DC undermine some books' chances on purpose.
    Or they're just really bad at marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, Three Jokers has Batman and Joker with many references to old stories, it is almost impossible this would have low sales.
    Beautiful artwork, too.

Too bad the story wasn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This looks like a more appropriate #1 cover.
    Yea, the main cover looks more like a Green Lantern Corps cover, than a Green Lantern cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, the main cover looks more like a Green Lantern Corps cover, than a Green Lantern cover.
    Or the cover of a Teen Lantern mini...