Page 43 of 233 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

I think I remember Shiloh from Final Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Wasn't Milestone supposed to come out in February? We got up to April solicits and nothing, DC is really struggling to revive this line.
    Isn't it digital exclusive? Digital books aren't solicited, so there could only be a few days' notice of their release. Remember how we heard about Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Batman: Gotham Nights, and Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't it digital exclusive? Digital books aren't solicited, so there could only be a few days' notice of their release. Remember how we heard about Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Batman: Gotham Nights, and Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace?
    Digital exclusive?

I thought DC was more likely to go the "digital-first" than being digital exclusive, but then again, I'm not really a digital-comics fan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait, is Shilo a pre-existing character prior to Future State? I'm not a big mister miracle reader so I assumed this was just a new guy for Future State.
    Shilo appeared in the first Mister Miracle series.

He then appeared in the 80s run where he took over for Scott for the final 12 issues and that story bled into Justice League where Scott Free did NOT endorse him for membership.

1991-2001 he was MIA in comics.

He would later appear as the warden for Slab and was in Last Laugh event. Yes he took on the Joker.

Then came Seven Soldiers

Then Final Crisis.

He will celebrate his 50th anniversary in 2023.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd say it's still probably not coming out this month, DC made a point to announce books like super sons and the next batman weeks in advance. If Milestone books were starting this month, I feel like we would have heard a announcement recently. I do imagine we'll hear news soon, I can't imagine them delaying it much longer.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It would have been nice to see *something* from Milestone during the month of February...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It would have been nice to see *something* from Milestone during the month of February...
    Soon^TM.

I'm sorry, but they need to shut up about Milestone until the books are in their hands. This is ridiculous at this point. I really feel sorry for the fans who keep getting on that emotional rollercoaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Digital exclusive?

I thought DC was more likely to go the "digital-first" than being digital exclusive, but then again, I'm not really a digital-comics fan.
    Books only being printed as trades, and getting individual issues released previously only digitally, isn't uncommon. The previously unused Walmart Giant material used in last year's digital books (like the three titles I mentioned) are an example of this. No print floppies, and they eventually get a TPB.

If Milestone is doing that, it's TPBs wouldn't be solicited until the summer (for an Autumn release), at least, so we wouldn't hear about them prior to the comics launching. A title that launches in March wouldn't have enough issues to fill a TPB until August.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd say it's still probably not coming out this month, DC made a point to announce books like super sons and the next batman weeks in advance. If Milestone books were starting this month, I feel like we would have heard a announcement recently. I do imagine we'll hear news soon, I can't imagine them delaying it much longer.
    Next Batman yes, they want you to read the Future State story after all. But not Super Sons. That was a surprise release.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Eisner award-winning writer Chip Zdarsky, all-star artist Miguel Mendonça and colorist Enrica Eren Angiolini attempt to fix a broken Justice League in time to stave off the universe’s final hours in Justice League: Last Ride, a new Digital First limited series from DC.

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one who can't open this site?
    Anyway, looks great, and Zdarsky is always must read for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Am I the only one who can't open this site?
    Anyway, looks great, and Zdarsky is always must read for me.
    Here:

Issue #1 Available Digitally April 14, 2021, In Comic Book Stores May 11, 2021

Eisner award-winning writer Chip Zdarsky, all-star artist Miguel Mendonça and colorist Enrica Eren Angiolini attempt to fix a broken Justice League in time to stave off the universe’s final hours in Justice League: Last Ride, a new Digital First limited series from DC.

Once, the Justice League was the most powerful collection of superheroes in the universe. But an unthinkable tragedy within its ranks has caused Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to go their separate ways, leaving the League broken and disbanded under a veil of anger and mistrust. Now, against the backdrop of the universe’s greatest murder trial, can the League reconcile the past before they’re eradicated by the greatest villains in the cosmos?

Featuring a main cover by Darick Robertson and card stock variant by series artist Mendonça, Justice League: Last Ride uncovers the shocking truth behind the League’s greatest failure and their ability to rise above to protect the universe on final time. This limited series will be available as sixteen weekly, digital chapters, followed by eight monthly print issues. The first digital chapter debuts on participating digital platforms on Wednesday, April 14, 2021, with the print issue launching in comic book stores on Tuesday, May 11. 2021. Each 10-page digital chapter sells for $.99 and each 32-page monthly print issue sells for $3.99, with the print card stock variant available for $4.99.

For the latest information on Justice League: Last Ride and the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit the website at www.dccomics.com, and follow on social media @DCComics and @thedcnation.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Sounds interesting but being digital first I really hope it's an actual full page for a 10 page story and not this weird thing DC does where they cut a page in half.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Sounds interesting but being digital first I really hope it's an actual full page for a 10 page story and not this weird thing DC does where they cut a page in half.
    "sixteen weekly, digital chapters, followed by eight monthly print issues". So it will finish digitally a lot earlier than in print.

Definitely going to read, not sure digitally first edition or print edition digitally, not big fan of the landscape pages
    Last edited by MatthewFieldhouse; 02-09-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Zdarsky writing JL is definitely something I’m buying.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/