Page 48 of 233 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series returns in May.
    Damn it, how many titles does Batfamily currently have?
    I love Batman but I feel like we're reaching peak Batman titles. I mean, do we need two or three Batman anthologies?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I thought this was just a testing ground and urban legends was the cannon one?
    Sounds like both

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm not against the Bat titles, I'm just pissed off by another title specifically about Bruce. If it was Batgirls, Batwoman, Jace, or something like Gotham Central (I'm not even talking about Tim, it's obvious that they just don't give a damn about him), then I would not complain. But it's Bruce all over again, lol.
    Seeing that they are digital first. I can let that book pass. The first arc is only 3 issues printed. Pretty much you have an option to buy it digital or wait for the printed one. SO I would not expect high orders maybe in the 40K area.

Although they do need to stop with Bruce centric. I agree if this was the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Batman but I feel like we're reaching peak Batman titles. I mean, do we need two or three Batman anthologies?
    oversaturation I fear, plus it kinds of sending a message only batfans matter, even many batfans I know, are finding it a little too much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I would have preferred an ongoing maybe a JSA book but I'll take a Stargirl and the seven soldiers of victory one-shot for now, could be fun. I like Geoff Johns run and the tv show so I am in.

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...8.06960560.jpg
    I think the mystery member might be Firebrand. There were several "tells" in the original Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. run that Johns wanted to do something with the character since he apparently killed her offpanel in that ongoing. But reassembling the SSoV with Courtney and Pat was definitely part of his long term unrealized plans for that book when it was being published.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I also believe classic Vigilante got killed in SSoV #0.
    Morrison "killed" him to revamp Vigilante into a ghost avenger Clint Eastwood type character in the Bulleteer mini.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-11-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Taylor/Kubert's Batman book has been renamed, it is now Batman: The Detective.

Yay. Another Batman book. Now he has two anthologies! Everything we needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think the mystery member might be Firebrand. There were several "tells" in the original Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. run that Johns wanted to do something with the character since he apparently killed her offpanel in that ongoing. But reassembling the SSoV with Courtney and Pat was definitely part of his long term unrealized plans for that book when it was being published.

Morrison "killed" him to revamp Vigilante into a ghost avenger Clint Eastwood type character in the Bulleteer mini.
    It'd be interesting if they used Wildfire instead of Firebrand, since she's the Quality character the Danette Reilly Firebrand was based on and I'm pretty sure DC has the rights to her. Plus, isn't there already a new Firebrand in the Freedom Fighters?

And I love the GA Vigilante (ever since the Robinson mini-series) but I wonder if doing him as a ghost avenger type might be too redundant with the current Crimson Avenger. I know Johns had plans to bring in Swashbuckler, the Vigilante's nephew from a Brave & the Bold issue a few decades back...wonder if he might've take up the Vigilante mantle? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Michael_Carter_(Earth-One)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

He later showed up fully alive in the the Jimmy Olsen Special from 2008 and glossed over the death in Seven Soldiers with Jimmy commenting "He'd(Greg) been though a lot--Time Travel, Death, Rebirth--Standard for some who don a mask, cape, or cowl"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Morrison's Shining Knight was also a member of Demon Knights during New 52.
    That was it!
    Thanks, HsssH!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    At least it downplays the Dark Knight Returns comparison.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I believe she edited batgirl before it eneded among other titles, really hoping that book with babs,cass and steph gets announced. And hopefully with a good writer that won't make us groan.

Damn, are they just looking for the most generic name you could give a Batman title?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I believe she edited batgirl before it eneded among other titles, really hoping that book with babs,cass and steph gets announced. And hopefully with a good writer that won't make us groan.
    Yeah, I feel like it's high-time to announce a Batgirls book.