Page 5 of 233 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Ha, thanks. My first thought was that this was for Titans Academy but Rafa Sandoval was announced as the artist for that and I don't know why Henry wouldn't just call the book by it's name since it's already been announced...
    It's not like DC's books don't change artists every 3 months or so. Clayton Henry is probably drawing later issue. The girl in that preview is in the cover of the first issue, after all.
    The boy might be Billy Batson and he's posted a pick of him talking to Raven on his Instagram too. It's definitely Titans Academy.

They are going to be in an actual school with uniforms, lockers, and stuff? I was thinking the Titans Academy thing was more of just a framework idea. That is so dumb, haha. I guess they really want to be completely shameless with trying to copy the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It's not like DC's books don't change artists every 3 months or so. Clayton Henry is probably drawing later issue. The girl in that preview is in the cover of the first issue, after all.
    The boy might be Billy Batson and he's posted a pick of him talking to Raven on his Instagram too. It's definitely Titans Academy.
    It's Billy, he posted a pic of him as Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I’ll be honest I thought they would cheap out on a Shazam series since his future state book is by the same writer of Titans Academy, but a separate Shazam series is always appreciated.

Also I know it’s an odd school uniform but on Billy it feels like a call back to his old classic red sweater days.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They are going to be in an actual school with uniforms, lockers, and stuff? I was thinking the Titans Academy thing was more of just a framework idea. That is so dumb, haha. I guess they really want to be completely shameless with trying to copy the X-Men.
    I like school uniforms .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like school uniforms .
    I know some like the school idea, but it feels like trying to fit two puzzle pieces together that don't exactly align. It makes sense Xavier wanted to build a school and a home for mutants. It was a passion of his and his life was dedicated to it, and mutants needed a place like that, but I don't really see how any of the Titans want to build an actual school and then have to run it day-to-day. It would make more sense for the JL to set up the school and then have heroes across the DCU teach in it. Batman would fund it, a Wildcat could be the martial arts/athletics instructor, and a Ted Kord or a Michael Holt could teach science and technology. A bunch of 18 to 25 year olds like Raven or Dick running all of the school's operations feels almost absurd, lol.

The mutants have abandoned the school though, so why not go for it? Not like Hickman will mind lol. And a school for superheroes is a pretty widespread trope beyond just the X-Men to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The mutants have abandoned the school though, so why not go for it? Not like Hickman will mind lol. And a school for superheroes is a pretty widespread trope beyond just the X-Men to be fair.
    didn't the Teen Titans have a villain academy in the show? it was one of Cyborg's most iconic moments! why not the other way? and you're right, it's not like supers in an academic setting isn't exclusive to X Men. hell, maybe their aping My Hero it is one of the most popular franchise on the planet right now.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

A school setting is fine. That isn't my problem. My issue is that I don't think the Titans are the appropriate group to open and run the school themselves. They can barely function as a team without falling apart and for them just being like 18-25 to run a whole school feels like it is a bit much. The JL or JSA should be the ones setting up and operating the school I think.

Looks Williamson is going to be DC’s next “architect” with Snyder stepping away and Tynion focusing on Batman:
    And so Infinite Frontier in March really sets out with a couple of storylines that are going to continue in multiple books but also a major story that will happen in Josh Williamson's book, the Infinite Frontier itself, that kind of goes towards the big culmination of 2021 into 2022 in fun ways.
    https://www.cbr.com/interview-scott-...mpression=true

I wonder what that book will be? Following the Totality team teased at the end of DM?

Looks Williamson is going to be DC’s next “architect” with Snyder stepping away and Tynion focusing on Batman:

I wonder what that book will be? Following the Totality team teased at the end of DM?
    Probably a book about the Quiet Council. I mean the Illuminati. No, I mean the Totality lol.
    All these unique ideas confuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I wonder since the same writer for Shazam and Teen Titans Future State is writing Titans Academy would there be a connection to both Shazam and Raven because of the Seven Deadly Sins with Raven being the embodiment of Pride and Shazam protecting the world from the Seven Deadly Sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I know some like the school idea, but it feels like trying to fit two puzzle pieces together that don't exactly align. It makes sense Xavier wanted to build a school and a home for mutants. It was a passion of his and his life was dedicated to it, and mutants needed a place like that, but I don't really see how any of the Titans want to build an actual school and then have to run it day-to-day. It would make more sense for the JL to set up the school and then have heroes across the DCU teach in it. Batman would fund it, a Wildcat could be the martial arts/athletics instructor, and a Ted Kord or a Michael Holt could teach science and technology. A bunch of 18 to 25 year olds like Raven or Dick running all of the school's operations feels almost absurd, lol.
    For me it's at least a new direction with the title. Not what I would do, and it will all come down to execution, but I'm at least willing to give it a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    didn't the Teen Titans have a villain academy in the show? it was one of Cyborg's most iconic moments! why not the other way? and you're right, it's not like supers in an academic setting isn't exclusive to X Men. hell, maybe their aping My Hero it is one of the most popular franchise on the planet right now.
    Yeah, the cartoon re-imagined HIVE as a school for teen villains.

With Williamson only confirmed for writing backups so far, it'll be interesting to see what he does next.

Not like Paquette was really doing any ongoings (that I was aware of) so the third Earth One volume of Wonder Woman will probably be their "last" DC work.