Page 54 of 233 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

I can't believe that we are still running with "DC is going to publish less books" when every month new books are being announced. If I'm not mistaken we are back to 47 titles now and more are coming. Here is the latest confirmation:

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...77779326308354

I'm not allowed to say - yet! But it's six issues for DC. :-)
    My guess would be a sequel to his Wonder Woman/Batman mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Overleveraging of Bat is a recent thing due to sheer desperation by the current management. But Superman and Wonder Woman not doing well is absolutely because of editorial mismanagement. For Superman it was a revolving door of creators under the editor Matt Idelson where DC's best creators like Busiek/Johns/Rucka/Morrison were constantly being shuffled off for some new favorite writer of management's. I think it's pretty telling that there was only a small trickle of good Superman stories during the 2000s and New 52 eras. The same for WW. After Rucka got fired, the character was sabotaged by Countdown/Amazons Attack. And then when they bring in Simone to fix things, she was sabotaged and undermined by editorial. This pattern would continue with editorial either putting in unqualified candidates (JMS/Finch) or putting in people to piss off the readers (Azzarello). It's a far cry from the previous Rucka-Jimenez eras where the fandom was far les hostile. Arguably the same for GL where DC mismanaged the gains from the Johns era and gave it to someone unqualified like Venditti and pissed away the entire subline of Lantern books.
    I thought Joe Kelly did a great job on Superman in the 2000s....his run was consistent and wrote a good bunch of Superman stories, but it could never compete with Batman no matter what.

Extraordinary Member

Continuing the twisted adventures of DC’s Dark Knight from Tim Burton's seminal classic Batman movies, Batman ’89 brings in screenwriter Sam Hamm (Batman, Batman Returns) and artist Joe Quinones (Dial H for Hero) to pull on a number of threads left dangling by the prolific director. The gothic mentality behind the world, while still rooted in a sense of realism, helped inform many of DC’s global fans’ first impressions on the Dark Knight's Gotham. In the new Batman ’89 comic, Hamm and Quinones will help usher in the return of Selina Kyle/Catwoman and will debut a new Robin! Plus, Quinones has a vision for Harvey Dent/Two-Face that is as close to movie magic as a comic can get!

And in the vein of DC’s plans for Batman ’89, Rob Venditti (Hawkman) and Wilfredo Torres (Batman ’66) will collaborate on Superman ’78 to tell stories set within the world Richard Donner and Christopher Reeves created in Superman: The Movie. In Superman ’78, bystanders are surprised and delighted by Superman’s abilities, and Lois Lane doesn’t (yet!) know that Clark Kent is secretly Superman. The sheer thrill of seeing a man fly, leap, or stop a bullet will be reflected in this environment where Superman has just been introduced! Inspired by Donner’s classic, timeless style of superhero storytelling, in Superman ’78 Venditti and Torres will show fans that a man can truly fly.
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-16-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Alright there’s first Bat book of all these announcements I’ll bother with.

Big Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh

Look at it this way....not only is it a new superman series but its Superman once more written by Robert Venditti.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I can't believe that we are still running with "DC is going to publish less books" when every month new books are being announced. If I'm not mistaken we are back to 47 titles now and more are coming. Here is the latest confirmation:

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...77779326308354

My guess would be a sequel to his Wonder Woman/Batman mini.
    The issue is that the majority of the new books are bat books. And as it seems more bat books are coming. At this rate DC should change it's name to "Batman editorial and screw everything else".
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 02-16-2021 at 01:17 PM.

I can honestly see the sense in these (and at least it's not just Batman).

Looks like they're writing out the Schumacher movies and just continuing off of Returns while the Superman one is set between 1 and 2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can honestly see the sense in these (and at least it's not just Batman).

Looks like they're writing out the Schumacher movies and just continuing off of Returns while the Superman one is set between 1 and 2.
    Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face!

bdw.jpg

I can not express how apathetic I am at this move. like my brain went "meeeh" so aggressively, I'm not even sure it's apathy at that point.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

What's with Bruce's grey temples. How many years does this take place after.

Two new DC announcements that actually have me interested. Now they just need to announce a new Kenan Kong book and I’ll be Golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    The issue is that the majority of the new books are bat books. And as it seems more bat books are coming. At this rate DC should change it's name to "Batman editorial and screw everything else".
    They already did! DC = Detective Comics
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/