Page 6 of 233 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Wouldn't expect to see any DC work by Jason Fabok in the near future:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJtehdxBoDH/

And another comment from him that's too long for me to screenshot effectively:

Ive worked for DC for 10 years and a majority of that was when the company was run like a well oiled machine with leadership that loved its creators and trusted them. It wasnt perfect, but there was a sense of trust and a willingness to listen to ideas. When I say the company is run poorly, its because Ive seen it run well...for years. I love DC with a passion and want it to succeed. But right now, I dont think its being run well. And its ok to say that. Many people working there are saying tha same. For starters, they fired almost everyone I ever worked for at the company, many if which were passionate about the books and didnt deserve to go. Its ok to be truthful and call things out. Im not an employee and not blinded to the fact that the ownership can make bad decisions. I had to make a choice and work with someone who wanted my services. And thats ok. When the time comes Ill go back and produce more for DC and give them my all. Geoff and I have many many stories already brewing. But things are going to change bigtime in comics and you gotta make moves for your future.

Yep that’s another downside to all the editors being fired: connections are lost. And more layoffs are coming. That said it’s not really a problem with DC, it’s a problem with the people above them. Javins has zero say in who gets fired I imagine, some suit at AT&T is just firing anyone whose salary is over a certain amount.

But Fabok said he didn’t want to work with anyone besides Johns and is frankly incredibly slow. Wish him luck with his indie stuff (I assume that’s what he’s doing) but unless Johns taps him for another BL DC book I never expect Fabok to do more DC work anyway.

Mighty Member

That made me wonder why the X-titles books still have a strong sales and ratings at Marvel?

Feels like the dams are breaking, personally. I'm expecting more and more creators to publicly call out AT&T and what's happening.

Don't think Johns is much longer for the company either with his Image book coming out soon.

Meh. Fabok’s been in the industry for over a decade and has yet to evolve beyond a Jim Lee clone, and Johns has been holding DC back for years. Good riddance IMO.

Yeah, I won't miss Johns at all. How many runs have we missed because he had dibs on the characters and ended up doing nothing with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Meh. Fabok’s been in the industry for over a decade and has yet to evolve beyond a Jim Lee clone, and Johns has been holding DC back for years. Good riddance IMO.
    I feel like Fabok is more polished compared to modern Jim Lee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I won't miss Johns at all. How many runs have we missed because he had dibs on the characters and ended up doing nothing with them?
    I think the only one we know for sure is Shazam, unless I'm forgetting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep that’s another downside to all the editors being fired: connections are lost. And more layoffs are coming. That said it’s not really a problem with DC, it’s a problem with the people above them. Javins has zero say in who gets fired I imagine, some suit at AT&T is just firing anyone whose salary is over a certain amount.

But Fabok said he didn’t want to work with anyone besides Johns and is frankly incredibly slow. Wish him luck with his indie stuff (I assume that’s what he’s doing) but unless Johns taps him for another BL DC book I never expect Fabok to do more DC work anyway.
    He's working on Millar's next movie pitch.

Extraordinary Member

Jimenez posted on instagram that he hopes Historia: The Amazons is released this year...which is honestly kind of disappointing that it's still up in the air considering when it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If we believe in rumors we lost either a Legion of Super-Heroes or a JSA by Hickman.

Clayton Henry posted that the artwork he's sharing on Instagram is from a DC mini. I now believe it's a Shazam mini since the setting is Titans Academy and Billy seems to be the focal point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If we believe in rumors we lost either a Legion of Super-Heroes or a JSA by Hickman.
    That was Bendis. Hickman said he was talking to DC around the same time as Bendis was, and DC decided to go all in on Bendis while Marvel offered Hickman total control of the X-Men, the one Marvel property left Hickman still really wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Jimenez posted on instagram that he hopes Historia: The Amazons is released this year...which is honestly kind of disappointing that it's still up in the air considering when it was announced.
    At this point it better be amazing because it’s insane that it’s taken him so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    He's working on Millar's next movie pitch.
    Joking or serious? Because that actually makes total sense, Millar was bragging about poaching a big time DC artist a while ago and Fabok would definitely fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    That made me wonder why the X-titles books still have a strong sales and ratings at Marvel?
    Hickman. He totally revitalized the line, before him it was in the pits sales and reception wise. X-Men had been awful for a while before House of X relaunched the franchise.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I'd take Fabok over Lee any day of the week...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Joking or serious? Because that actually makes total sense, Millar was bragging about poaching a big time DC artist a while ago and Fabok would definitely fit.
    I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I was joking.
    Many a truth is spoken in jest lol. Wouldn’t surprise me if Fabok does end up with Millar at some point, although he will probably be either writing/drawing or working with Johns over at Image in the short term.