Page 60 of 233 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Nothing really indicates that DC is on life support asides of click bait articles by Bleeding Cool and people like Liefeld talking **** about DC for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Perhaps they've realized that the JSA doesn't make sense in the current universe and can't sustain a book anyway. They have to sell books to new readers to survive, no cater to older fans anymore.

With the Titans and JL, plus the cheer age of the main characters of JSA, them still being here makes no sense.
    I mean, the JSA haven't had a book in so long, isn't it high-time to give them another chance, especially with their increasing media presence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    At least is a good thing that Marvel is releasing more interesting content instead of 50 batbooks, even Heroes Reborn seems more interesting that almost everything that DC has announced and that's saying too much (as the current Heroes Reborn seems like a copy of DC in some of it's series lmao).
    You're more hyped for Heroes Reborn than I am, with Jason Aaron taking a plot from a cartoon and somehow making it into a line-wide Avengers event.
    Stargirl doesn't seem to focus too much on the actual JSA and we know that shows don't assure ongoings (Black Lightning being a case in point). And the JSA isn't the main selling point of Black Adam (and in my eyes a mistake, it'll weaken the film to have to waste so much time to explain those characters when Adam's story alone is great enough to sustain a first movie).
    Stargirl is basically a JSA team show.

I think the JSA are meant to be co-leads of the movie along with Black Adam (at least I hope that's the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

You're more hyped for Heroes Reborn than I am, with Jason Aaron taking a plot from a cartoon and somehow making it into a line-wide Avengers event.
    Honestly I have zero interest in Heroes Reborn, but compared with the fifty new bat books that DC announce daily, Heroes Reborn seems more interesting and original (and yes I'm aware that Heroes Reborn has zero originality)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Not that convinced that OGN's are that popular or have such sales. Took a look at sales nothing really spectacular that indicates that they are that sought. Could be that people who buy monthly comics buy also OGN. Problem with comics is that writers seem to run out of ideas and rehash a lot. How many times a character gets killed, you do it once ok. twice it is tolerated, third time people start to get bored.
    Facts are the younger people are more drawn towards manga, the reasons could be various.
    They actually do. Most folks I run into who are fans of say Aquaman-ONLY read the trades. They are not bothering with comic book shops.

However it comes with a disclaimer-not every store sells every trade put our by DC (or Marvel).

Finding a Batman trade at a physical store like Barnes & Nobles or Wal-Mart is not mission impossible.
    Now lets say Wonder Twins or Adam Strange-GOOD LUCK.

Let me put it like this I can find Michael Cray trades in stores way more than I can with Shazam, Hal Jordan's current book, Rebirth Aquaman and Rebirth Supergirl. Let that sink in.

Also do NOT discount SALES by Amazon and ESPECIALLY Target. Barnes & Nobles does too.

Target just did a buy 2 get 1 free sale online of cds, dvd, blue ray, music and books or buy 1 get 1 half price. I had to use that to get Gung Ho hardcover, Obama's book and Cass's book (free).
    I would have done it with Doom Patrol Season 2 but a snow storm and no power stopped that.

Nothing really indicates that DC is on life support asides of click bait articles by Bleeding Cool and people like Liefeld talking **** about DC for years now.
    They are not. The issue is you have some entitled folks that take issue with lets face it certain demographic lead books and even writers.

No store owner has the right to throw a fit about unsold copies of say Cyborg or Far Sector-while their bins are packed with unsold Batman books. WHO ordered all those books?

Same with variants? WHO keeps over ordering them? To get that one copy to charge blood money for?

Like others have said if DC had HOUSECLEANED the toxic environment that derailed books like JSA or ran off talent or put out mess like Heroes in Crisis-they might be in better shape.

JSA can make money. They held a long run before. Now does that mean an ongoing? OGN? If it was mean I would do OGNS with them and Star Girl. That sells them to her fans and might get new readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    How doesn't the JSA "make sense" in the current universe?

And it doesn't matter because the characters are back in universe from Doomsday Clock and other appearances, and we want the team back in full with a book.

Why do you think they couldn't sustain a book? The JSA books(Remember immediately pre-flashpoint there was Justice Society of America, JSA All-Stars, and Power Girl?) were decent sellers in the 2000's. They were only gotten rid of due to Editorial preferences during the new 52 and the intended replacement with New 52 Earth 2 was something a lot of us didn't want.

And you're making a major logical fallacy to assume somebody just be an older fan to care about the JSA. I'd say that most of us probably weren't even alive in the 1940's. We discovered the JSA through there later appearances, and a good number of us like myself really came to know them through 2000's era. And most of DC's characters have been in publishing just as long as the JSA.

Just because the JL and Titans exist doesn't mean there aren't room for other superhero teams. And there are only a few veteran members in the team Doomsday Clock, and they all have reasonable explanations for their vitality. If they can fight the good fight they're going to just because they're heroes. And The rest of the team are younger legacy characters.

It sounds like you really have something against the JSA.
    I don't care about them at all would be closer to the truth. I have zero interest in those characters basically, or their legacies, or anything related to them. I find the things I knew about the team(s) to be utterly bland and boring, if you want to know. I don't want those characters taking a slot for another book, when non-bat titles are already fighting for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Honestly I have zero interest in Heroes Reborn, but compared with the fifty new bat books that DC announce daily, Heroes Reborn seems more interesting and original (and yes I'm aware that Heroes Reborn has zero originality)
    I saw the cartoon episode. I think I got my fill of it .
    I don't care about them at all would be closer to the truth. I have zero interest in those characters basically, or their legacies, or anything related to them. I find the things I knew about the team(s) to be utterly bland and boring, if you want to know. I don't want those characters taking a slot for another book, when non-bat titles are already fighting for life.
    But you can understand why fans of the property would want them to have a book, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But you can understand why fans of the property would want them to have a book, right?
    eeehhh to be fair, just about every property has fans that want them to have a book, that doesn't make the property entitled to a title. however, like Aquaman, DC is going to give the JSA a book eventually regardless. so the constant "where's the JSA?! no JSA!? DC must hate the JSA !" are just annoying to read, especially coming from fans who constant preach about the inevitability DC's recidivism and it's particularly annoying to those of us who truly couldn't care less how slow or fast their return is. they're on Stargirl, they are gonna be in Black Adam, and they have a ton of old story, if people are that pressed there is plenty of JSA content to consume to hold a JSA fan.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    eeehhh to be fair, just about every property has fans that want them to have a book, that doesn't make the property entitled to a title. however, like Aquaman, DC is going to give the JSA a book eventually regardless. so the constant "where's the JSA?! no JSA!? DC must hate the JSA !" are just annoying to read, especially coming from fans who constant preach about the inevitability DC's recidivism and it's particularly annoying to those of us who truly couldn't care less how slow or fast their return is. they're on Stargirl, they are gonna be in Black Adam, and they have a ton of old story, if people are that pressed there is plenty of JSA content to consume to hold a JSA fan.
    It just seems like with the JSA DC has been taking their sweet time with it despite the media push, and even the Stargirl one-shot is more Seven Soldiers focused than JSA-focused, and it's a DC title with pedigree and history so you would think it would seem more like a priority than it does right now.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

More Bat-stuff?! Not even in my wildest dreams did I see this coming... /snark

But seriously, I'm guessing this is for a story in one of the upcoming anthologies? Or is Batwoman getting a new solo series? Either way the art is great; heavy Emanuela Lupaccino vibes!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Liam Sharp mentioned in his older tweet that he has already started working on his next DC project, 6 issues. In theory he could do an arc for some already announced title later in the year, but maybe it is one of those 11 that were announced? Middle Ages one maybe looking at how he liked to draw Hal like a green knight.

this kind of Bat-content I'm more than fine with. if we are gonna have 10+ titles focused on Bats I rather half of more be Bat-family books and not just 7+ batman books plus Nightwing, Batgirl and maybe Red Hood. I get it "bUT bAtMAn SeLls" but a significant portion of that is due to oversaturation. I'm not even a big Batwoman guy but I'm more interested to see what's going on in this series than like 80% of the Batman stuff they've announced.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Fair points and I respect your stance. I guess it comes down to what trumpet legend Louis Armstrong once famously said about jazz:

"If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know."

I would ascribe the same general thoughts to whether as a comic book fan you "get" the JSA or not. They're not for everyone, but brother they're sure as heck for me! Different strokes to move the world...

So something new with Batwoman.

Is the woman at the bottom supposed to be Ryan Wilder? I assume that's Kate in the middle.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

You're probably right. Meaning this is more than likely a digital-first tie in to the TV show...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES