Page 7 of 233 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

It feels kind of weird to take pot shots at DC right now. The company used to be a "well oiled machine"... well no **** they aren't right now, they lost a third (or more) of their workforce, any company that just got gutted needs an adjusting period.

Mighty Member

This is why we need DC Comics to launch their runs with a long term vision by using the HOX/POX method. Before Hickman run the X-Men, all the X-books were in a horrible mess , poor treatment and constantly disrespect because no creative team at Marvel, care for the property. But everything change when Jonathan Hickman become the Head of X, since the relaunch, we got different storytelling for each of the X-titles including the newcomer Hellions, Marauders and S.W.O.R.D.S. All the other X-Mens are just the same titles brands with different direction status quos. There is the reason why everbody at Marvel started to buy many X-titles. It also the reason " X Of Swords" was the most anticipated event by many readers even though it is a 22 issues parts.

Without this method, DC could potential lose its audiences old and new if the direction is only care about grimdark and edgy.

Astonishing Member

Will solicits appear next week? Third Friday of the month, If I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Will solicits appear next week? Third Friday of the month, If I remember correctly.
    I think so. Marvel already announced a new X-book last Friday, so I think the solicitations are close.

Looking forward to see what April brings.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Zdarsky writing JL is huge. That title though... are they really making the first story set on “Elseworld” an ending one? Gotta admit that would be perfectly on brand for DC but we’ll see.

Could this be related to Zdarsky being tapped to develop different versions of the main DC Heroes?

Teen Titans Academy should be fun, but don't you think the inspiration was likely the recent "Strange Academy"magic school book from Marvel? That got so much speculation hype over first appearances of future movie heroes, DC has to be looking to catch some of that magic right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could this be related to Zdarsky being tapped to develop different versions of the main DC Heroes?
    I was thinking about that. It could be, is it going to be different people with the mantles? “Last Ride” certainly doesn’t sound like an origin story lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by superheroes for hire View Post
    Teen Titans Academy should be fun, but don't you think the inspiration was likely the recent "Strange Academy"magic school book from Marvel? That got so much speculation hype over first appearances of future movie heroes, DC has to be looking to catch some of that magic right?
    Honestly X-Men and My Hero Academia were probably more likely influences. Strange Academy hasn’t really gotten much attention from where I’m standing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

man, I really don't care for elseworld stories getting their own books with so many characters on the main earth not having books right now..

So there's gonna be an Infinite Frontier Book and a new Elseworlds book? Weird, but intriguing. I did remember a rumor that Warren Ellis, Chip Zdarsky and Matt Fraction were going to develop new iterations of the Justice League when the 5G plans imploded so it's cool to see that will still be in play (minus Ellis' potential involvement, ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was thinking about that. It could be, is it going to be different people with the mantles? “Last Ride” certainly doesn’t sound like an origin story lol.
    Don't we already have that with Future State? I don't think we need multiple different legacy versions in quick succession.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    man, I really don't care for elseworld stories getting their own books with so many characters on the main earth not having books right now..
    Well, the movies are going all in on the multiverse...

Don't we already have that with Future State? I don't think we need multiple different legacy versions in quick succession.

Well, the movies are going all in on the multiverse...
    Yeah that’s why I was sure anything set on “Elseworld” would star the main versions. FS already has the racebent/diverse League covered. BC isn’t sure that The Last Ride is an Elseworld tale though, only that it’s a JL one.

Extraordinary Member

Ram V was on the Word Balloon podcast and when asked about the possibility of him and Sumit Kumar working together on a DC book he said to stay tuned for news in the near future.