Page 79 of 233 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3488
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    On the Word Balloon podcast King mentioned that he's got an unannounced project in the can and that he's starting a new one. These will be self contained smaller projects more akin to Mister Miracle than Batman.
    He clarified this later in the episode, all his Supergirl s riots are in the can and he's started working on a new project. So one unannounced King project not two.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

That's from last friday when most people expected it to come out.

Hopefully that means itll come out this friday.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Considered it but I was already committed to organizing the print titles by month lol. 2 of those 11 books have already been officially announced so we still have at least 9 more in the pipeline plus the two Lemire black label books, the Jock black label book, the Azzarello/Bermejo book, that Snyder Nightwing book and some others I'm probably forgetting.
    There's also what seems to be a The Next Batman: Second Son follow-up, a The Next Batman 12 issue limited series, that hasn't technically been announced yet, but got referenced on DC's own site.

writer John Ridley is elaborating on the future, present and hidden past of this latest Dark Knight in Future State: The Next Batman, the 12-issue limited series The Next Batman, and the digital-first The Next Batman: Second Son.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...f-future-state

Wonder what the cause is?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    There's also what seems to be a The Next Batman: Second Son follow-up, a The Next Batman 12 issue limited series, that hasn't technically been announced yet, but got referenced on DC's own site.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...f-future-state
    Oh right, somehow forgot about that despite posting about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder what the cause is?
    I'm struggling to come up with a big enough issue that would cause a delay this long that isn't along the lines of their internal systems crashing.

"The dark forces of Leviathan have torn through the DC universe and now no one can be trusted," reads DC's description. "No one…not even the person writing to you about this book! That's why you find out in Justice League #63 that Green Arrow has been secretly funding a group called CHECKMATE because not even the Justice League itself can be trusted.

"The mysterious MISTER KING has helped Green Arrow assemble the greatest team of super spies the world has ever seen! LOIS LANE! THE QUESTION, ROBIN! STEVE TREVOR, MANHUNTER! BONES! TALIA AH GHUL! - will have to outsmart the smartest people in the world before they destroy everything! PLUS! a new mystery character is tip-toeing through the shadows! they call him… the DAEMON ROSE! and he is hunting Lois Lane right under Superman's nose! It's an all-new spine-chilling thriller from the Eisner Award-winning team of Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev!
    Isn't Ollie completely undercutting the League and what he believes in by doing this?

And half of those people aren't even spies. Okay, maybe Damian has the training, Steve yeah, and Bones...but still. Like, this is not really a team I would expect from this.

Bartell knows how to deliver on the art department.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Ollie completely undercutting the League and what he believes in by doing this?
    Sounds like something that Batman would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And half of those people aren't even spies. Okay, maybe Damian has the training, Steve yeah, and Bones...but still. Like, this is not really a team I would expect from this.

Bartell knows how to deliver on the art department.
    A few detectives in Event Leviathan weren’t detectives either. I was especially put off by Plastic Man (not a detective at all) being subbed in for Elongated Man (a great detective). I realize that EM appeared in that alt group that didn’t really do anything but look pretty, but Plas was the featured detective and EM wasn’t, as if they’re interchangeable because they have similar, stretchy powers. And that’s not okay to me at all.

I expect the same sorts of mischaracterization in Checkmate.

I'm struggling to come up with a big enough issue that would cause a delay this long that isn't along the lines of their internal systems crashing.
    Maybe they delayed it so they could include their (unofficial) FCBD books?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe they delayed it so they could include their (unofficial) FCBD books?
    WTF?!? FCBD will be in August this year?

Hell, I don't know if I even care about any of this year's FCBD offerings.

May would've been too soon because of COVID, but things should be fine three months later due to vaccinations and all the lockdowns ending.

The official FCBD books have just been announced today, so it makes sense that DC would want to announce theirs too. They're not on the main list because they no longer use Diamond distribution.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . The official FCBD books have just been announced today, so it makes sense that DC would want to announce theirs too. They're not on the main list because they no longer use Diamond distribution.
    That latter section I figured on.

I do wonder if DC might still offer something in conjunction with FCBD this year and just send it with the company DC is using for distribution instead of Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    A few detectives in Event Leviathan weren’t detectives either. I was especially put off by Plastic Man (not a detective at all) being subbed in for Elongated Man (a great detective). I realize that EM appeared in that alt group that didn’t really do anything but look pretty, but Plas was the featured detective and EM wasn’t, as if they’re interchangeable because they have similar, stretchy powers. And that’s not okay to me at all.

I expect the same sorts of mischaracterization in Checkmate.
    That reminds me of Plas being in the big detective group in the Brave and the Bold/Scooby-Doo crossover movie, but there at least the excuse was he was kind of a "face" of the show and no one really took him seriously as a detective. I forget if they actually referenced Ralph.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not impressed with that Checkmate lineup at all. If you wanted the "greatest spies" Nightshade, Sasha Bordeaux, and Nemesis are right there.