Page 84 of 233 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3488
    Astonishing Member

So the Sorrentino book isn't with Lemire? Disappointing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think this change has much to do with sales - seems they got a lot of complaints from retailers about making these digital first, and that's what moved the needle. From the outside looking in the original plan to delay the print copy of the issues by 3 months does seem kind of dumb.
    I know Joshua Williamson said in a interview a lot of writers were trying to make sure comic shops wouldn't get the short end of the stick with all the new digital books DC is doing, so this change does make some sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think this change has much to do with sales - seems they got a lot of complaints from retailers about making these digital first, and that's what moved the needle. From the outside looking in the original plan to delay the print copy of the issues by 3 months does seem kind of dumb.
    Why would I CARE about them complaining?

Lets talk about that HUGE elephant in the room-how many of them whined and complained about certain demographics having BOOKS? With some calling for the firing of DC (and Marvel) employees by certain store owners.

Doesn't seem dumb when it's made clear there are issues with certain books existing.

Also some of those store owners don't care-they just hate anyone one else having an advantage over them. See the Dc Wal-mart books.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why would I CARE about them complaining?

Lets talk about that HUGE elephant in the room-how many of them whined and complained about certain demographics having BOOKS? With some calling for the firing of DC (and Marvel) employees by certain store owners.

Doesn't seem dumb when it's made clear there are issues with certain books existing.

Also some of those store owners don't care-they just hate anyone one else having an advantage over them. See the Dc Wal-mart books.
    I think part of the problem with digital first books is DC not actively marketing them to a new and broader audience then they would for typical new release books. Like fine, put more diverse stories up digitally if you want DC, but if you aren't actively trying to get new fans then who are they expecting to support these digital titles?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think part of the problem with digital first books is DC not actively marketing them to a new and broader audience then they would for typical new release books. Like fine, put more diverse stories up digitally if you want DC, but if you aren't actively trying to get new fans then who are they expecting to support these digital titles?
    Exactly. DC's marketing department is terrible at attracting new audiences digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post

I hope we start seeing more minis coming out from Urban Legend. I'd love to see something substantial with the Cass and Steph as the Batgirls. if nothing else, just because I really dig Cass' Batgirl suit
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Oh yeah and Connor Hawke is back (and black) for those of you who didn’t know. He’ll be in Williamson’s Robin:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nice to see him back. I hope his pre-FP history is still valid.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh you know what, they'll probably explain his disappearance the last few years as being kidnapped and brainwashed by the League of Lazarus.

Kinda like how they explain Conner's disappearance by having him stuck in Gemworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh yeah and Connor Hawke is back (and black) for those of you who didn’t know. He’ll be in Williamson’s Robin:

He’s always been of mixed ethnicity. I remember back in the day he was of a darker skin tone than Ollie.

he better not job to Demian like Deathstroke and other former robins have
    The J-man

Deathstroke didn't job to Damian, or at least I don't remember it.

Spectacular Member

The digital first Truth & Justice seems to have gone on hiatus, no future issues scheduled on ComiXology, will return by June because a Batwoman print issue is scheduled. Legend of Dark Knight is taking its place. Next Batman: Second Son also seems to be going on hiatus because no issue scheduled after tomorrows, probably replaced by Justice League: Last Ride

Feels like they should better communicate how these digital first books are published.