Page 89 of 233 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3488
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It depends - the US Census Bureau for example classifies people of Middle Eastern or North African descent as white.
    Somalis still get put down as caucasian in some places in the US so... Neither of those categories are really races anyway. It's like calling Latino a race.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Americans treat race rather strangely. But being White and being Asian are not mutually exclusive. An Asian is anyone from an Asian ethnic group.

Asians are not just East Asians. Central Asians like the Kazakhs, Uzbeks etc, and Middle Easterners like Arabs, Israelis and Kurds are just as Asian as the Chinese and Japanese. Thus Damian would qualify. As would other middle easterners such as Simon Baz. A criticism of the book could be an East Asian centric approach. India is in asia and I do not see a single Indian character in the book sadly. Don't get me wrong though! I am still incredibly hyped! very much looking forward to it!

There are plenty of 'white' Asian people groups - Armenians, Georgians, Finno Ugric peoples native to Siberia etc.
    Indians aren’t “Asian” in the USA, we consider those a separate group. “Asians” for us is just the politically correct way of referring to the so-called “yellow” race: Ethnic Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Thai, Singaporean, basically that specific phenotype doesn’t have an agreed upon name so “Asian” is what we call them. Yes it’s dumb, but that’s how America operates.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't see whats dumb about it. If you count in Arabs and whites from South Caucasus as "Asians" then that term is meaningless. After all there is a reason why Arab countries are usually refereed to as "Middle East" and not "South Western Asia".

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't see whats dumb about it. If you count in Arabs and whites from South Caucasus as "Asians" then that term is meaningless. After all there is a reason why Arab countries are usually refereed to as "Middle East" and not "South Western Asia".
    Well, historically speaking, it's stranger to call people from China, Korea, Mongolia, etc. Asian, since Asia was a word created to describe the current Anatolia and Near/Middle East during Antiquity (that's mostly trolling of course)

Wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Indians aren’t “Asian” in the USA, we consider those a separate group. “Asians” for us is just the politically correct way of referring to the so-called “yellow” race: Ethnic Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Thai, Singaporean, basically that specific phenotype doesn’t have an agreed upon name so “Asian” is what we call them. Yes it’s dumb, but that’s how America operates.
    India's next to china and is very diverse.

Dan Watters has another DC project coming: https://twitter.com/danpgwatters/sta...620579841?s=21

Really enjoyed his FS and B&R stories so I’m excited for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    India's next to china and is very diverse.
    I know but Americans in general are pretty ignorant of what countries beyond our borders are like.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man DC really needs to work on their digital comics announcements, because I only found this by randomly reviewing my comixology subscriptions.

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files starts with issue one out on April 18th for $1.99 starring Calvin Ellis. Issue 2 out May 2, focusing on Roy Harper

"Infinite Frontier (2021) #1: Secret Files
    Director Bones opens up his classified records to give us all new stories about the players in INFINITE FRONTIER. First up, President Superman from Earth 23, asking the question: can the hero who has time for everyone ever find time for himself?"

Written by Brandon Thomas & Joshua Williamson

Pencils & Inks by Valentine De Landro

Cover by Bryan Hitch & Alex Sinclair

"Infinite Frontier (2021) #2: Secret Files
    Roy Harper was dead, but then Death Metal happened and suddenly he is alive again. How does a one-time teen sidekick, the boy they called Speedy and the man they called Arsenal deal with regaining an existence that wasn't meant to be?"

Written by Stephanie Phillips & Joshua Williamson

Pencils & Inks by Inaki Miranda

https://www.comixology.com/Infinite-...xpc3Qvc2VyaWVz
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Man DC really needs to work on their digital comics announcements, because I only found this by randomly reviewing my comixology subscriptions.

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files starts with issue one out on April 18th for $1.99 starring Calvin Ellis. Issue 2 out May 2, focusing on Roy Harper

Director Bones opens up his classified records to give us all new stories about the players in INFINITE FRONTIER. First up, President Superman from Earth 23, asking the question: can the hero who has time for everyone ever find time for himself?"

Roy Harper was dead, but then Death Metal happened and suddenly he is alive again. How does a one-time teen sidekick, the boy they called Speedy and the man they called Arsenal deal with regaining an existence that wasn't meant to be?"

I found that out aside from solicit, which is more for stores, is from Josh Will's tweet. The DC social media only announce the titles once the preview is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I found that out aside from solicit, which is more for stores, is from Josh Will's tweet. The DC social media only announce the titles once the preview is out.
    Yeah I know, but its odd when the first issue is out basically late next week/two weeks away (its on a Sunday, hard to call)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Yea, they really butchered the announcement for this series, the article you originally posted about it back in March just said it would be digital first starting in late April as a throwaway line.
    Last edited by Hypo; 04-09-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Aquaman first appeared in More Fun Comics #73, cover-dated November 1941 and with an on-sale date of September 19, 1941 (according to the GCD). So maybe as we get closer to the September solicitations DC will say something?