Page 94 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3488

Hope they remember Brainiac served Calvin on Earth 23, the more robotic design makes me optimistic that they aren’t forgetting and Thomas wrote a fantastic Superman MoT issue
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1 is out today and the first digital-first title from DC in a while with full A4-ish pages like a normal comic book, looks much better

Incredible Member

some very nice art there - modern but with a nice old school feel too.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm extremely excited for this book to drop! Easton seems to be very much leaning into societal themes and conflicts, so I'm curious to see how well they'll play off that with a character like Mister Miracle.

The art is really pretty, especially the colors.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1 is out today and the first digital-first title from DC in a while with full A4-ish pages like a normal comic book, looks much better
    I liked it, still wondering how Cameron Chase got info on President Superman all the way on Earth-23 but hey it’s Comics so you know, you got to let some details go for the sake of entertainment.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Thank god! The old Digital Firsts format is terrible.

Spectacular Member

Absolutely, hopefully future digital first series continue this format, Justice League: Last Ride could be next but might have turned physical same day according to Bleeding Cool

Yay another Batman Black Label book -_-
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-18-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Another BatCat book?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Oh good, more Batman. I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight if more wasn't announced.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

DC is abusing the heck out of the Batman. Reminds me of an overly greedy pimp. I hope all these titles with Batman's name attached sell. Just attaching Batman to it might work for the 1st issue but if the book is crap or features characters that don't engage the reader then the jig is up.

Plz DC can other franchises get some exposure.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Geninuely asking, should DC simply lose out on making money because a few fans online dislike they make so many batman comics? It makes no sense not to publish so many batman comics if he helps keep the company afloat and allows them to make series for lower tier characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Geninuely asking, should DC simply lose out on making money because a few fans online dislike they make so many batman comics? It makes no sense not to publish so many batman comics if he helps keep the company afloat and allows them to make series for lower tier characters.
    I mean....yes and no? Here's the thing, I don't personally count Bat-family members when counting Bat-books because they are their own characters with their own goals at times. I also don't fault DC for making its money, its a hobby for me but a business for them so I get it. Hell I'm reading a good number of Bat-family books with Nightwing, Robin, Next Batman, Tom Taylor's detective, Tom King's Batman/Catwoman, the occasional adventures continue digital binge, and probably a secret files one-shot or two, so I'm not exactly innocent in any of this

That being said there does reach a tipping point where it is too much with multiple mini-series, digital series, team up books, elseworlds, and black label books outside of his normal ongoings, adding up to about 20 or so comics, and you consider maybe they should give a few other characters an opportunity to prove people will read them. I'm not saying every character deserves an ongoing, personally I am fine when my characters at least exist and appear, but its hard to tell what other characters can do well and make a profit if they are not willing to test the waters, which is why I appreciate a seasonal approach to mini-series if they sell well.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-19-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Is he though? Recently, it seems like he's only keeping them afloat long enough to add MORE Bat-books to the roster. This "Round Robin Tournament" joke is a good example; instead of just giving said lower tier characters a shot, we're going to get more Robin and Harley... *sigh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES