Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Tv shows, comics etc that went on too long (or not long enough)

Found the complete set of y the last man tpbs a few weeks ago in a thrift store for us$2 ea. I remember Rob Kirkman saying in WD 75 how amazing it was to be going longer than than ytlm did. Trouble is WD became a chore to read towards the end...

I wish Watchmen had been thirteen issues so they could have explained Adrian's plots better. Editor Len Erin later did this in a spin-off series.

And you?
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 12-28-2020 at 01:26 PM.

I think Priest's Death Stroke didnt go on long enough. That was one of the few new comics that I really loved. It also bummed me out that Black Cat and Amazing Mary Jane ended. Also some good new comics I loved.

As for tv shows. I think mom is on too long. I mean trying to make it work without Anna is not working. And Two and a Half men after Sheen was a huge let down.

Movie wise I think the 3rd Batman movie with Twoface and Joker went on too long.

AMrvel Zombies. No single mini went on too long but there were way too many minis. man did they drag that into the ground. Ultimate Fantastic Four also went way too long. It may be one of the few comics I did not enjoy on some level (Black Cat/Wolverine Claws was another) The UFF was just such a chore to read. I read a lot of it but each time I just could not wait to get to the end of the issue.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-28-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Simpsons is an obvious answer. Although I wouldn't mind if the show ended, but they still did specials for every halloween and whatever.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil and DuckTales ended (or will end) too soon. Star needed another season at least to wrap up plot stuff more satisfyingly and was way too hackneyed and rushed in the last season, IMO. DuckTales, well, it's such a surprise for fans that it's going to end in a few weeks. There are likely dangling plot threads there too, but at least the season's been solid and fun.

Oh, and the newer Muppets 'Office'-style show was getting better with the mid-season's new showrunner, IMO, but sadly, by then, most people were incredibly uninterested.

Ooo, and in terms of comics, I wish Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was still going. It was so much fun!
    Last edited by Nschornhorst; 12-28-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Speaking of Fox cartoons. How about Family Guy? The fad wore off years ago. And South Park is a shadow of it's former self. I mean they try so hard to make a statement in an edgy way but at the end of the day dont realize nobody cares any more.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Speaking of Fox cartoons. How about Family Guy? The fad wore off years ago. And South Park is a shadow of it's former self. I mean they try so hard to make a statement in an edgy way but at the end of the day dont realize nobody cares any more.
    I find it funny that right now in the age of Reboots and reenergizing old franchises, that you can’t do that with those because they never went away.

BANNED

"Westworld" on HBO. That first season is among my favorites of all time. The second season was a big letdown from there, still some good moments and pretty imagery but way too long between good moments. Season 3 was painful to watch.
    Obviously last season of "Game of Thrones" was rushed, and the big moment with the Big Bad over in the blink of an eye. Could have stretched that out and really gone in depth. Shame.
    "Homeland" on Showtime was great the first season, little less so the second, pretty bad (IMO) for a couple of more seasons, then started to get good again towards the end.
    "Heroes" had a pretty good first season, then dropped off of a cliff. Started to get interesting again towards the end, but way too late.

Not that I get a vote, but if they have a chance to make another season of "Watchmen" I'd say don't. That first season was so much better than it had any right to be, I'd hate to see a "Westworld" situation happen again. Does say something for the "GoT" franchise that they were as good as they were for so long.

Astonishing Member

Every season of Arrow. The story could have been told in less episodes. Half of it even.

Extraordinary Member

[1] Big Bang Theory
    [2] How I met your mother
    [3] Designated Survivor (the worst)

Astonishing Member

I wish Mandalorian were 13 episodes or something like that. And the runtime 45 -60 minutes per episode. But then again, maybe its just that its so short the good thing? I keeps me wanting for more every time....good feeling

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I thought Working Girl with Sandra Bullock needed some retooling, but deserved a second season.

Also, Classic Star Trek should have had one more season.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Comics that went on too long:
    Zettai Karen Children
    Shaman King
    One Piece
    Naruto

Comics that ended too soon:
    Sensei, Suki desu. (I Love You, My Teacher) authored and drawn by Miura Kouji
    Sakura and Teacher manga authored and drawn by Aoi Mamoru
    WxY manga authored and drawn by Madoka Machiko
    Sensei to Watashi manga (MINASE Ai)

Shows that went on too long:
    Law & Order SVU Unit
    NCIS

Shows that ended too soon:
    Darker Than BLACK
    Last Exile

Extraordinary Member

The Simpsons sadly belongs here.

Dexter. They should've wrapped that up after the second season.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Avatar could have gone on longer.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I would have said John Ostrander's Heroes For Hire but I found reasonably recently that it went on longer than it did. My Comic Shop guy told me it was cancelled. Or maybe he didn't realize it was on the verge of being cancelled and it was saved. It broke my 21 year old heart back then.