Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Post Worst marvel comic recommendations

Tell me what is the worst of the worst in Marvel comics, I'd like to check them out. It can be about any characters, new or old, I'm willing to check out ANY of them. Thanks!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I vaguely remember Secret Wars 2 (1986) being an absolute chore to get through.

Avengers: The Crossing

1990s story-telling at its worst.

Let's make Janet vanDyne an actual wasp!

Let's change Tony Stark into a teen-ager through time travel.

So many good characters, such a bad story with over the top '90s art.

Superpro. That is all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Spider-man One More Day

Avengers V3 issues 77-84 by Chuck Austen

Bruce Jones’ Hulk run 2001-2005

Hickman’s X-Men still ongoing

Boisterously Confused

Liefeld's run on The New Mutants springs to mind. Cable has his fans, but IMO he debuted as all that was worst about the 1990s in one pouches-and-bulky-armaments festooned character.

Then there's Force Works or "how kewl and X-treme can we make The Avengers?!?"

Just so I'm not solely picking on the '90s, if cringe-worthy faux-19th-Century-western dialogue is your jam, flog yourself with a bunch of Rawhide Kid. Even the great King Kirby couldn't elevate that.

Finally, I offer you Marvel's attempt to cash in on the early 1980s CB radio craze, US 1, about a heroic truck driver with a cyborg CB radio in his skull.

Spider-Men: Sins Past
    Avengers Disassemble
    Force Works
    Bendis

If you're that serious, then check out pre-Ennis Marvel Knights: Punisher (1998)...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-28-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Trouble, by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson. I was in my early teens when I read this story and it was the first time I experienced repulsion at a comicbook for how bad it was. I couldn't believe that a big editorial as Marvel published such a piece of garbage. I'm exagerating a little and, looking back, since Trouble wasn't hurtful to the franchise or anything, it's kinda funny to think that some people thought that it was a good idea and actually went ahead and did it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Trouble, by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson. I was in my early teens when I read this story and it was the first time I experienced repulsion at a comicbook for how bad it was. I couldn't believe that a big editorial as Marvel published such a piece of garbage. I'm exagerating a little and, looking back, since Trouble wasn't hurtful to the franchise or anything, it's kinda funny to think that some people thought that it was a good idea and actually went ahead and did it
    OMG, the memories just came flooding back!

Those live covers! It was so bad

Like why!?

It's a book about Aunt May cheating on Ben with Richard Parker. It sullied everyone involved

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    OMG, the memories just came flooding back!

Those live covers! It was so bad

Like why!?

It's a book about Aunt May cheating on Ben with Richard Parker. It sullied everyone involved

I read that at the comic book store in-between chatting with the store manager.
    It was horrible.
    I'm glad I didn't buy it.

A lot of 90s Spider-Man and Wolverine solo comics.

Those 2 are the king of bad stories.....holy moly some of that stuff is just....mindboggling.

Mighty Member

Venom by Daniel Way
    I'd argue that Way is probably one of my least favourite writers of all time, the stuff he does is just so damn boring.
    But Venom is the only one I've read all the way through, and it could have been saved if it had good art, but it's way too cartoony. That first arc would have been saved if it actually had a good artist on it. There's a 3 issue arc in the middle of the series which I think works, but outside of that, it's just a boring as Hell series.

Spider-man one more day is the obvious choice. It ruins way too much to even be a fun hate read. There's a reason why the current Spider-man stories are addressing it, who knows, maybe once this arc is over, we may actually look at that story a little more fondly.

Anything written by Ron Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Finally, I offer you Marvel's attempt to cash in on the early 1980s CB radio craze, US 1, about a heroic truck driver with a cyborg CB radio in his skull.
    The OP didn't ask what the GREATEST comic in Marvel history was.....