Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Extraordinary Member

Saw a Tesla today doing what I've never seen one do before, and in fact didn't know they could----tow something, in this case a small fishing boat. It was the SUV, whatever that's called.

Extraordinary Member

I have a question for anyone who knows the answer...why does there seem to be no aftermarket for Tesla? They've been around more than long enough, but I have never seen a modded Tesla. Or for that matter AFAIK ANY E-car.

In other news, Hertz, the rental car agency, is selling 20,000 E-cars to buy more gas cars. Depreciation and repair costs for collisions and other accidents seem to be driving factors. I would also imagine that rental customers want convenient and familiar cars when they rent, and don't want the hassle of E-cars.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I have a question for anyone who knows the answer...why does there seem to be no aftermarket for Tesla? They've been around more than long enough, but I have never seen a modded Tesla. Or for that matter AFAIK ANY E-car.

In other news, Hertz, the rental car agency, is selling 20,000 E-cars to buy more gas cars. Depreciation and repair costs for collisions and other accidents seem to be driving factors. I would also imagine that rental customers want convenient and familiar cars when they rent, and don't want the hassle of E-cars.
    A check with Carguru says there are over 400 used Tesla's on sale in the NY area. They are out there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Philadelphia Auto Show begins tomorrow, and I already have my ticket as it’s my tradition to attend on opening day. Can’t wait to see what will be on the floor!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A check with Carguru says there are over 400 used Tesla's on sale in the NY area. They are out there.
    No, what I meant was for parts, not for the whole car. Things like ordinary replacement parts from an aftermarket maker, or either bling or performance enhancing stuff----for modders, even the ones who only do one small thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Philadelphia Auto Show begins tomorrow, and I already have my ticket as it’s my tradition to attend on opening day. Can’t wait to see what will be on the floor!
    Have fun and be sure to tell us all about it. I love those things.

No, what I meant was for parts, not for the whole car. Things like ordinary replacement parts from an aftermarket maker, or either bling or performance enhancing stuff----for modders, even the ones who only do one small thing.
    I see. Yeah, Elon must be doing something to stop the after market. Which is probably illegal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Attended opening day at the Philadelphia Auto Show, and, I'd say it was most notable for all the car brands that WEREN'T in attendance over the ones that were as there were only 12 brands there. None of the Euro brands (Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Range Rover) were there, on the American side, no Cadillac, Dodge, Jeep or Lincoln, on the Japanese side, no Acura or Mazda, lastly, Kia was there, but not Hyundai, something I found odd because I always thought the Korean brands were joined at the hip. Of course, since EV's are all the rage these days, there was a huge indoor track where people could ride in all the latest electric offerings (Nissan Ariya, VW ID.4, Ford F-150 Lightning, etc.), and the lines for that were crazy long. As for notable electric offerings, there were the following:

Rolls Royce Spectre

419728394_10231751212425558_1567255966486841734_n.jpg

Buick (yes, BUICK) Wildcat

418526803_10231751346708915_227480279245258027_n.jpg

I saw that at the NY Show last year. Fewer companies are doing the show circuit. At some point they will fade away due to too few manufacturers.

Extraordinary Member

I saw that at the NY Show last year. Fewer companies are doing the show circuit. At some point they will fade away due to too few manufacturers.
    Yeah, at the Anaheim one last year it was the same way. That worries me. Car culture is an integral part of US culture, and I'd hope it never fades, but it seems to be doing so.

Yeah, at the Anaheim one last year it was the same way. That worries me. Car culture is an integral part of US culture, and I'd hope it never fades, but it seems to be doing so.
    This is just my uninformed opinion, but the hopeless cynic in me suspects the reason the high end manufacturers stopped appearing is because their haughty, suburban, McMansion clientele doesn’t rub shoulders with the commonplace rabble (i.e., you and me) that attend the shows, so they have no reason to put their cars on display there.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This is just my uninformed opinion, but the hopeless cynic in me suspects the reason the high end manufacturers stopped appearing is because their haughty, suburban, McMansion clientele doesn’t rub shoulders with the commonplace rabble (i.e., you and me) that attend the shows, so they have no reason to put their cars on display there.
    I am sure that is part of it. I also think the Auto Shows don't get the Press they used to, so the PR from them is not as great as it was.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I noticed the Lamborghini Revuelto looks stunning except for an obvious flaw which is a narrow back window.

The glaring flaw is the back window is narrow so car accidents are more likely when changing lanes. It would not be surprising if this Sports car has a camera for the driver to see the back road area so that changing lanes can be very safe.

m1KFY2v.jpg
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Extraordinary Member

And now for your Tesla Cybertruck update: It has become apparent that Tesla seem to have used both the old Delorean, and Lancia for their metal needs. This is a rough, rugged truck that....er...oh. Yes, you better take your prize indoors when it starts getting a bit damp outside, or your stainless steel truck will rust. Oh dear, that might be a slight problem, though it will have to get in line behind the "getting stuck if a few inches of snow" thing they also have going on. I'm thinking a simple clearcoat would have salvaged the whole thing. Or, you know, NOT making it from stainless steel, which we know makes for horrible car bits. As for the snow bit, yeah, drawing a blank with that one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I noticed the Lamborghini Revuelto looks stunning except for an obvious flaw which is a narrow back window.

The glaring flaw is the back window is narrow so car accidents are more likely when changing lanes. It would not be surprising if this Sports car has a camera for the driver to see the back road area so that changing lanes can be very safe.

m1KFY2v.jpg
    Is this the new offroad Lambo? Looks pretty much like a normal one, but with a few offroad modifications. Though I wonder who would ever take a Lambo offroad, where the paint will get scratched and the bodywork dented.