Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Is that one of the ugliest cars you've ever seen though?
    It certainly is.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I wish a had a few million in spare change lying around in my sofa cushions like Jeff Bezos does...

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...e-in-australia

I can't decide which ones I'd want most...but given the terms of the sale, it won't matter. Sadly, I think my bid of perhaps a few hundred dollars won't win.

Especially for the I-5 at rush hour, most of those would be of great use there...

Meanwhile, both the LA and Anaheim auto shows are still on....fingers crossed....I want to sit in another Aston and maybe a RR Phantom at the LA show if possible. Weirdly enough at Anaheim the last time they had one, Aston let just anyone sit in any of their cars, (I sat in all of them, both driver's seat and passenger, and no, a human being can't fit in any of their "back seats". The funny thing is that Lambo and Ferrari had their cars there, along with Masserati, but they were behind roped off areas. I'm sorry, but while Ferrari may have reason to put on airs, I don't see that for a jumped up Audi).
    Last edited by achilles; 09-25-2021 at 05:33 AM.

At the NY Auto show it was hit or miss. You couldn't go near the RR but you could sit in every Audi but the A8. You could sit in any Mercedes or BMW. When it came to supercars, look but don't touch.

They cancelled the show this month, but looks like they will be back in April, the usual month.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-25-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    At the NY Auto show it was hit or miss. You couldn't go near the RR but you could sit in every Audi but the A8. You could sit in any Mercedes or BMW. When it came to supercars, look but don't touch.

They cancelled the show this month, but looks like they will be back in April, the usual month.
    Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see Aston let people sit in their cars, but hey, they did! Which is funny, since the cheapest Aston there was about twice as much as the most expensive Maserati, and they didn't let people in their cars. Long Beach International Grand Prix is on this weekend. Sadly, too busy to go. Merc didn't even show for the Anaheim one, but they do go to LA. I want to sit in a Maybach, to scratch my pimp/drug dealer itch, and an S class for that more...restrained self. They sell the S class fully armored BTW, just in case you have the need and about $300 grand to fill that need. Range Rover was great, Alpha was great, don't recall if Volvo was there; but I want to sit in an XC 90, I hear the interiors are about as good as you get below Rolls or Bentley.
    Last edited by achilles; 09-25-2021 at 06:52 AM.

Last show I went to I sat in the Volvo, great seats! No Aston. I thought the Range Rovers were so so. Way to much $ for what they offered.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see Aston let people sit in their cars, but hey, they did! Which is funny, since the cheapest Aston there was about twice as much as the most expensive Maserati, and they didn't let people in their cars. Long Beach International Grand Prix is on this weekend. Sadly, too busy to go. Merc didn't even show for the Anaheim one, but they do go to LA. I want to sit in a Maybach, to scratch my pimp/drug dealer itch, and an S class for that more...restrained self. They sell the S class fully armored BTW, just in case you have the need and about $300 grand to fill that need. Range Rover was great, Alpha was great, don't recall if Volvo was there; but I want to sit in an XC 90, I hear the interiors are about as good as you get below Rolls or Bentley.
    Hey, if you want to sit in them, couldn't you just visit the dealerships?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, if you want to sit in them, couldn't you just visit the dealerships?
    I kind of get the vibe, probably unearned, that if I were to show up at the McLaren dealership down the road, they'd shoot me on sight for being too poor to buy one. And to keep my commoner germs off the car.

I kind of get the vibe, probably unearned, that if I were to show up at the McLaren dealership down the road, they'd shoot me on sight for being too poor to buy one. And to keep my commoner germs off the car.
    Just go dressed like this.

Extraordinary Member

Just go dressed like this.

I'd
    shoot me if I wore that...

I'd
    shoot me if I wore that...
    Old chap, it's what one wears whilst driving one's Lambo.

But it's lacking proper driving gloves . . .

Extraordinary Member

Needs a purple velvet tophat IMO. Interestingly, I see a ton of Lambos and every other exotic here, (they drive by the hoi polloi here on their way to someplace more...exclusive, and a grand total of let's see, none of their drivers wore anything like that. Must all be behind the curve. I'd say that they should wear that, just to make the rest of us not feel so bad about not driving one.

Extraordinary Member

Weirdly as well, that thing looks like a strange sort of riding outfit. What that picture from?

Weirdly as well, that thing looks like a strange sort of riding outfit. What that picture from?
    I think it is a riding outfit. I needed some ridiculous garb worn by the rich for the joke to work.

I Googled silly rich clothes or something.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think it is a riding outfit. I needed some ridiculous garb worn by the rich for the joke to work.

I Googled silly rich clothes or something.
    Yeah, but they ride horses in that getup. And, for whatever it's worth, said getup looks better on women:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!