Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Default The Car Thread

I was going to start a thread for folks to post the most beautiful cars in the world. But I decided to open it up to all things cars.
    So post pics of rad, fast, cool or just plain beautiful cars is great, you can also post anything else car related.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I go first, These two cars are drop dead gorgeous to me.

The 1938 Delahaye, only a handful made for the rich and royalty. It is like a fantasy version of a, Art Deco car. Somethi8ng Mike Kaluta would dream up. One of the most beauitifu7l cars every built.

And the new Ford GT, from the car line that won LeManns. And won again in 2017. It is a supercar with a top speed plus 200 mph, and it's half the price of it's European counterparts.
    I saw one at a car show and it was stunning, the flying buttress fenders make it look like a mobius strip in wheels.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I may post some pics later. I live in one of the best car watching spots around, I regularly see sundry Aston Martins, Rolls, (including that horrible SUV thing they're doing), Bentley's, Lambos, Ferraris, Masserattis, and a fair number of McLarens, including a P1. Not too many Alfas, Lotus, or the like. Lot's of BMW M series. Sadly, I'm usually driving when I see them, and can't take pics.

That first pics BTW is stunning. I've never seen a car like that. Maybe some old Bugattis...

Thanks achilles. Yeah, when I first saw a Delahaye I was blown away.

I WILL own a 1968 Triumph TR250 someday.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I will not own an Austin Martin DBS ever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I will not own an Austin Martin DBS ever.

Me either, sadly. They are so beautiful, though. One of the best looking modern cars.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Me either, sadly. They are so beautiful, though. One of the best looking modern cars.
    Absolutely.

Boisterously Confused

Thanks achilles. Yeah, when I first saw a Delahaye I was blown away.

Those cars make me think of 1950s future vision , and make we wished that's the world in which we live today. Gorgeous.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I go first, These two cars are drop dead gorgeous to me.

The 1938 Delahaye, only a handful made for the rich and royalty. It is like a fantasy version of a, Art Deco car. Somethi8ng Mike Kaluta would dream up. One of the most beauitifu7l cars every built.

That IS remarkable! I've never seen anything like that before! Amazing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

I WILL own a 1968 Triumph TR250 someday.
    That's an awesome looking car. A guy in my neighborhood has himself an old Sunbeam, which looks a bit like that Triumph, but not as nice...and an M5 and Range Rover, while just a few doors down, there's someone with an Audi R8 of Iron Man vintage, (the 8 rather than the 10. Guy just parks it out in his driveway. For me that car was a mid 70s vintage Alfa Romeo Spider. It was a show car at my aunt's dealership, quite old at the time, but still awesome, and every guy who walked past was attracted to the car like a magnet, even me at 8. Even then I knew it wouldn't get a block without breaking down, but man it was pretty, and my 8 year old self imagined driving it.

Astonishing Member

When in America I rented a Chevrolet Tahoe and a Dodge Ram. It was a dream for me to drive such big cars, but in Europe where I live the thought of buying an American car with 6 meters long and a 5.7 l motorists a bit insane. It cost too much insurance and taxes. But thanks to a new tax policy for pick up trucks (I pay 210 Euro a year taxes) and a good insurance company I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 V8 with a long bed (2020 Version Laramie) in black.

I know every American shrugs their shoulders about that, because cars like this Is common and I have seen so many when I was on vacation, but in my hometown people were gathering around the Ram and still people pointing their fingers when I drive along. I have to answer a lot of questions about the Ram for strangers. Once I parked next to a Porsche, and everybody was watching the Dodge. A Porsche is too common and uninteresting, you wouldn't look twice.

I still don't find a parking space here in the city, its almost impossible, and some streets are so narrow I have to put the mirrors in, but overall its okay. I am a good driver and love that big ************.

Mostly people like the Dodge, but here and there you get a middle finger or a shaking head for it, because in Germany many people want these cars, or any suv like cars gone. My wife got heat from a guy at the gas station why she was driving such a car, that's polluting the environment, stuffs the streets and taking two parking lots, is too loud and yada yada yada....
    Last edited by DanMad1977; 12-29-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I'm firmly against them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I'm firmly against them.
    My excuse for it is that I need it for my job, and that is true. Without a pick up or big car I couldn't transport the things I have to. But...I am honest, I would want one anyway.

In America, most people have cars bigger than they need. Too many people with pick ups and SUVs that they don't need for work. Every Cadillac Escalade I see has only one person in it.