Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Saw a Lucid car (not sure which specific model) in the parking lot of Stop & Shop supermarket in Wilton, Connecticut the other day.

It didn't look bad, but it didn't look very exciting, either. Sort of made me think that it was mimicking Audi or some other company?
    https://lucidmotors.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Saw a Lucid car (not sure which specific model) in the parking lot of Stop & Shop supermarket in Wilton, Connecticut the other day.

It didn't look bad, but it didn't look very exciting, either. Sort of made me think that it was mimicking Audi or some other company?
    https://lucidmotors.com/
    Yeah, they've been around here too. Rimac meanwhile, is all over here, and boy the owners must be nervous. I've been reading about people who have had to replace the battery pack---to the tune of about $40,000 on a $70,000 truck. And...they've only been out for a couple of years or so.

https://www.startmotori.it/supercar/...cv.htm?lang=EN

Check this car.

That is an awesome car. I love this cool design. it looks kind of beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    https://www.startmotori.it/supercar/...cv.htm?lang=EN

Check this car.

That is an awesome car. I love this cool design. it looks kind of beautiful.
    Gorgeous car.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Gorgeous car.
    That is pretty much Aston's job, to be beautiful. And to their credit, they've succeeded long ago and ever since.

And with that V8 680 hp motor, it should do 200+ mph.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Not on Philadelphia expressways during afternoon rush hour.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not on Philadelphia expressways during afternoon rush hour.
    It would if I were driving...

Extraordinary Member

202 MPH to be exact. Astons are fast, but speed isn't the point with Aston; it's the aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Have you ever tried driving on the highways (like the "Surekill Distressway") around Philadelphia during the afternoon rush hour?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    See below! Keep on telling yourself that, son!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I often see cars on the Long Island Expressway here in New York whose drivers thing they are in the Fast and Furious.

Porsche has been tinkering with its crest design again.

see: "The modernised Porsche crest: the evolution of an icon"
    https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2023...con-32504.html

Extraordinary Member

So today I saw a car that got me excited. Ferrari? Lambo? Porsche at least? Nope, none of them. If you've read my posts, you'll notice that I live in an area thick with those sorts of cars, and I see them every day. Hell, there's a guy about a block away in my neighborhood who parks an Audi R8 on the street, the original V8 Iron Man car. And just yesterday I saw a DB 11 and thought, "oh, another Aston", and then briefly admired it before not giving it another thought. But today, I saw a......Volkswagen Beetle! Why does that excite me? Because it was an original, mint 40s Beetle. I couldn't pin down the exact year----though it looks around 1946ish, but it is recognizably a Beetle, while also looking quite a bit different. And the day before, I saw another Volkswagen sight that was sort of amazing, a caravan of about ten Things....all mint. I figure they were going to a Thing specific show.

Cool, I occasionally see a mid 60s model. I owned a 72 back out of college. Lawnmower engine and all.