Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

This is the list of car companies at this years NY Auto Show.

Alfa Romeo
    Bentley
    Chevrolet
    Chrysler
    Dodge
    Fiat
    Ford
    Genesis
    Honda
    Hyundai
    Jeep
    Kia
    Lamborghini
    Lexus
    Nissan
    Porsche
    Ram
    Rolls Royce
    Subaru
    Toyota
    Volkswagen

None of the German luxuries, can't sit in any of the fancy cars. Might skip this one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Bagged a McLaren convertible the other day. It sounded great.

Meanwhile, in E-car news, Apple has decided to stop its multi-year effort to build an electric car, presumably because they would be hard to drive into an Apple Store. That, or they think they won't be able to make a run at it. Or they think the entire segment is collapsing. Who knows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is the list of car companies at this years NY Auto Show.

Alfa Romeo
    Bentley
    Chevrolet
    Chrysler
    Dodge
    Fiat
    Ford
    Genesis
    Honda
    Hyundai
    Jeep
    Kia
    Lamborghini
    Lexus
    Nissan
    Porsche
    Ram
    Rolls Royce
    Subaru
    Toyota
    Volkswagen

None of the German luxuries, can't sit in any of the fancy cars. Might skip this one.
    Sounds grim. I used to be able to sit test the exotics, now they're not even at my show. Aston-Martin DB11s were nice to sit in though.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Sounds grim. I used to be able to sit test the exotics, now they're not even at my show. Aston-Martin DB11s were nice to sit in though.
    Yeah, I always liked sitting in my "win the lottery " car. Not the super cars, but top Audis or Mercedesor Lexus. Now I get to sit in all the Chevys..
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, I always liked sitting in my "win the lottery " car. Not the super cars, but top Audis or Mercedesor Lexus. Now I get to sit in all the Chevys..
    Range Rover was quite nice. That's one of my possible dream cars, knowing I'll never have that Aston.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Bagged a McLaren convertible the other day. It sounded great.

Meanwhile, in E-car news, Apple has decided to stop its multi-year effort to build an electric car, presumably because they would be hard to drive into an Apple Store. That, or they think they won't be able to make a run at it. Or they think the entire segment is collapsing. Who knows.
    My uneducated guess: Apple read the writing on the wall about the e-car industry going south and decided to pull the plug, pardon the pun.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My uneducated guess: Apple read the writing on the wall about the e-car industry going south and decided to pull the plug, pardon the pun.
    Yeah, that seems likely.

Extraordinary Member

I saw a very wrong thing today; an Aston-Martin SUV in an ugly matte black.

Specs:

4.0 liter V8
    697 HP, 663 torques
    0-60 3.1 seconds
    The price for the peon version (base price), is $240,000
    Real price: $270,000

I think I shall get one to put next to my Lamborghini Urus.

Now a bit of explanation, I only saw this thing from the back, where it isn't quite so pretty, and that matte black made it look a military vehicle. And an Aston SUV? Sacrilege!
    Last edited by achilles; 03-03-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

A very memorable driving to Texas Roadhouse to work on a weekday this week since I saw an impressive Red Corvette Z06 which has an impressive roof that can get moved down similar to Ferrari cars. Most likely the person has a high-paying job or some sustainable way of acquiring a high amount of cash legally because even a used Corvette Z06 would not be a cheap car.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Raining here in Philly, so I’m curled up in bed watching Mecum Auto Auctions on Motor Trend channel.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The main reason why I created a Fitness website to sell my workouts is so I can afford a 2023 Corvette Z06. Also, so I can achieve financial independence.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...e/70958680007/

An article praising the Corvette Z06 which has an amazing visual design with curves, and not surprised it sounds exactly like a Ferrari because it uses the same engine.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The main reason why I created a Fitness website to sell my workouts is so I can afford a 2023 Corvette Z06. Also, so I can achieve financial independence.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...e/70958680007/

An article praising the Corvette Z06 which has an amazing visual design with curves, and not surprised it sounds exactly like a Ferrari because it uses the same engine.
    It is quite a beautiful car.

Extraordinary Member

I was driving on the freeway yesterday, when a Cybertruck, the first I've seen in person, pulled up alongside, big as life and twice as ugly. It was fast though.

In sad news, the Nissan GTR is in it's last model year; with the next one being all electric.

Extraordinary Member

Saw one of these the other day right near my house:

The Ferrari Lusso, as you can see a station wagon, or estate car as the Brits would say. Ugly as sin if you ask me.

Saw one of these the other day right near my house:

The Ferrari Lusso, as you can see a station wagon, or estate car as the Brits would say. Ugly as sin if you ask me.
    Are you kidding me? Station wagon? That thing? I doubt it could carry enough luggage for an overnight trip for one. I'm guessing it's selling price is in high five figures, or not close to six. And yeah, it IS ugly. Hard pass.