Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Consumer Reports think Jeeps are crap.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Consumer Reports is right, they are crap. That model is even more than usual. They do look cool though, and I like the drain in the floor bit.

Extraordinary Member

Went to my first car show Sunday in a year. True, it was a classic car show sponsored by the local Mustang club, and there were quite a few of those. But there were still quite a few great classic cars of other makes and ages, (though really anything before the 60s and one 50s car just weren't there. Fun show though; and I'm looking forward to the Los Angeles one.

Extraordinary Member

For fans of the Amazon show The Grand Tour, (basically Top Gear on a vastly bigger budget with May, Clarkson, and Hammond), there will be only the second new episode this year on Friday, called something like Lochdown---shot in Scotland. The next couple of shows will be in the UK to get around the travel bans.

New York Auto Show Officially Canceled for 2021
    By Joey Capparella - Aug 4, 2021 - Car and Driver

The show had been rescheduled to August but is now off due to the COVID-19 Delta variant and increasingly stringent restrictions in New York City.
    The organizers of the New York auto show announced that the show has been canceled and will not take place in 2021. It had previously been rescheduled for August, a change from its typical place in the calendar in the spring. We're not sure what this means for the many new-vehicle debuts that were planned for the show, including the 2022 Subaru WRX, Nissan Z, and Jeep Grand Cherokee plug-in hybrid.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...show-canceled/

Extraordinary Member

I was afraid of that. I'm hoping they don't cancel the Los Angeles and the Anaheim car shows later in the year.

I was looking forward to it. Too bad. I wonder NY's vaccine only indoors rule had anything to do with it. Might have been to hard to coordinate with all the vendors.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

So, my brother saw a Morgan the other day. He could tell because termites were eating the engine, which is made of oak. Also, it looked like a Morgan and said "Morgan" on the back. I myself got a side glimpse on the road of some grey sports car that looked vaguely like the last gen Vette. It was hard to get a bead on exactly what it looked like because it was painted to be unrevealing....save for one thing, it said "Pre-Production Test Vehicle" on the side. Wonder what it was.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

By the by, Jeep recently came out with a three row Grand Cherokee which the company is calling....the L. That’s it, L, nothing more. Can you imagine the meetings the suits at Fiat Chrysler held to come up with names and THAT was the best choice? Makes you wonder what the rejects were.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    By the by, Jeep recently came out with a three row Grand Cherokee which the company is calling....the L. That’s it, L, nothing more. Can you imagine the meetings the suits at Fiat Chrysler held to come up with names and THAT was the best choice? Makes you wonder what the rejects were.

"G". "Corsa". "Quality".

Saw a new all electric Ford Mustang today. Sharp looking car.

Extraordinary Member

Saw a new all electric Ford Mustang today. Sharp looking car.
    I don't know, I think this one looks a bit better...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't know, I think this one looks a bit better..
    You're a riot Achilles, a real riot.

Extraordinary Member

You're a riot Achilles, a real riot.
    Is that one of the ugliest cars you've ever seen though?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Is that one of the ugliest cars you've ever seen though?
    Right up there with