Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Cool ach. I hope to go to the NY Auto show next April. Missed the last one with the flu.

Was it the new McClaren Artura?

Last edited by Kirby101; 10-01-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Cool ach. I hope to go to the NY Auto show next April. Missed the last one with the flu.

Was it the new McClaren Artura?

YES! That was it, thanks. It's beautiful, isn't it?

Yes it is!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes it is!
    It's quite a bit smaller than I'd have thought, as were the Lambo Huracan STOs they have. Also gorgeous:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It's quite a bit smaller than I'd have thought, as were the Lambo Huracan STOs they have. Also gorgeous:

Oooooooh! That’s gorgeous!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

They also had an Indy car there; the cockpit was so small I don't see how an adult could even get in without butter or something to grease the way...

Extraordinary Member

They had two Corvettes, one regular cooking model, and a Z06 with the Z07 package, (carbon fiber, splitter, functional rear spoiler, that sort of thing). The latter I could see not letting people sit in, (though a few years ago Aston had no problem with letting us do that in their vastly more expensive cars). But they wouldn't even let you in the regular cooking model which has been on the streets for a year or so now. The Toyotas all again had their cheap, largely made from bird spit and algae from what it seems, interior knobs to things removed. Like the shift knob. The had the stick, but not the knob on the end. Either they don't want people knowing how cheap the plastic they use is, or they just get stolen.

On the high spec model, they initially quoted 700 HP, making it the most powerful naturally aspirated engine ever on a production car, but the figures quoted at the show were 670. I'm guessing the first quote was brake horsepower.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-03-2022 at 06:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Here is a Ferrari F80 Supercar concept that looks amazing.
    This looks like a Hot Wheels Ferrari Supercar including a unique shaped windshield, the downforce generating fins, etc.
    A Ferrari F80 would have 1,200 horsepower, and a max speed of 310 MPH if this amazing futuristic Ferrari F80 get's created.
    This Ferrari F80 concept was created by Adriano Raeli.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    This looks like a Hot Wheels Ferrari Supercar including a unique shaped windshield, the downforce generating fins, etc.
    A Ferrari F80 would have 1,200 horsepower, and a max speed of 310 MPH if this amazing futuristic Ferrari F80 get's created.

Well, it's certainly beautiful and striking, but concept cars never get made. And those numbers....take it with a large grain of salt. They don't mention the power to weight ratio, and horsepower like that typically gets in the low 200s, very fast indeed, but very little tops out at anything like 300 plus MPH. For one thing, there's almost nowhere on the planet where you can safely get up to that speed, it takes such a long, straight flat with no debris. That's mostly the space shuttle runways. Also note you can't see out of the back. And it would likely be one of those track only cars, not street legal.

But you might see elements of it in whatever Ferrari makes next. The worst part is that you'd still not be able to buy it, even if you were Jay Leno who obviously can afford it. Ferrari have a weird, off-putting policy of only selling their top premium models to long-time buyers who fit whatever their image is. You can of course buy them second hand, but not from dealerships unless you meet that criteria.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-03-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

Beyond say, the Nurburgring or the Autobahn, where would you drive such a thing? Or, would it be driven at all, maybe it would be permanently warehoused, put on display like a rare painting. Maybe I’ve become too much of a fuddy-duddy in my old age and only see practical, every day uses for cars, and that has none for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Beyond say, the Nurburgring or the Autobahn, where would you drive such a thing? Or, would it be driven at all, maybe it would be permanently warehoused, put on display like a rare painting. Maybe I’ve become too much of a fuddy-duddy in my old age and only see practical, every day uses for cars, and that has none for me.
    What, you couldn't see it as a daily commuter on the Surekill Expressway?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What, you couldn't see it as a daily commuter on the Surekill Expressway?
    Oh, definitely. A 1200hp supercar doing ten miles an hour on the Surekill during “rush” hour. HA!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Here is the Ferrari Stallone Car which is a Hypercar that does make the Ferrari SF90 look pedestrian.

A unique combo since this Hypercar combines the racing lines of the F40 and the sculpted glamour of the Ferrari 250 GTO. Also, this is borrowing from the Ferrari LaFerrari.
    On the back is the name of this Ferrari model which is a standout quality. 1 amazing futuristic car that could get made, and Stallone because it's Italian for Stallion which fits because a Prancing Horse is Ferrari's logo.

Extraordinary Member

I got to check out a Rivan at the local bank...sorry, fast food shop, and it was ugly. Everything about it was somehow exactly ugly. And it was small. And expensive, in keeping with the theme. I've heard it rides well though.

Extraordinary Member

All of the sudden, I've started seeing a bunch of Rivians. It's as if they're breeding in the wild! Nothing to do with that big recall, no doubt. I think the size thing came from seeing in front on only at first, but seeing it from the side, it's a bit bigger.