Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Extraordinary Member

So evidently Peugeot are indeed planning to start marketing some of their range in the US, which is why I've been seeing them in California, which is evidently a test market. More choice is better IMO, and even if I don't eventually want to buy one, I like having the option.

Extraordinary Member

Swedish supercar maker Koenigzegg or however you spell that one, have made themselves an interesting electric boost engine that delivers around 350 peak horsepower and a boatload of torque which only weighs about 50 or so pounds. It's intended only for low speed use, with a direct drive which only delivers peak power for about twenty seconds. Then they have another drive system that supposedly will make 248 mph in their new car, the Gamera or something. It's an interesting tech feat at the bleeding edge of electric performance boosting engines.

Anyhow, it that's what floats your boat, here it is:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/koenigse...170900255.html

Koenigsegg also built the One:1. or 1 to 1. It had the same horsepower (PS) as weight (kg), 1360.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Koenigsegg also built the One:1. or 1 to 1. It had the same horsepower (PS) as weight (kg), 1360.

Whoah, that's impressive. I think I've heard of like one or two others ever that have managed that feat. I'm imagining it's nearly as expensive as a nice new Corvette Z06...say $3.5 million?

I have to say, that's one pretty car too.

The Koenigsegg now cost $7 million. Was $3 million originally. Only built 6.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Well, I need a good car for shopping at the grocery...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Something like that just BEGS to be carjacked in the States. It looks like the plaything of an Abu Dhabi oil sheik.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Something like that just BEGS to be carjacked in the States. It looks like the plaything of an Abu Dhabi oil sheik.
    It is the plaything of an oil sheik. These aren't driven on the streets. Those who own them have a track or access to one.

Extraordinary Member

It is the plaything of an oil sheik. These aren't driven on the streets. Those who own them have a track or access to one.
    Ah one of those, eh? All the supercar companies do these track only cars that they ferry to the track and supply you with mechanics. So...an...uh...bargain then?

Besides, if you have one of these, you also have three black Escalades filled with ex SAS guys who are your bodyguard.

Yeah, I could see one zipping around the Nurburgring in Germany.

Extraordinary Member

Hate Tom Brady? Want to hate him some more? Then check out his car collection below. Thing reads like a Top Gear greatest hits. I like that he has his own Aston. You may think that's no big thing for a guy like him, but what I mean is Aston built a special model they named after him, the TB12 Vanquish or something. For Tom Brady 12 made. The Veyron SS was a mild surprise, I would have though he'd go for a Chiron. Oh well, maybe he's buying one now. A bit surprised by the Ghost too, thought he'd be a Phantom man if he went for Rolls, or a GT Continental if he went for Bentley. The old Iron Man Audi R8 was a bit of a surprise too, since there is a much better V10 version these days.

https://autos.yahoo.com/tom-brady-do...153336691.html

Extraordinary Member

I find this one weird; they've converted the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum into a NASCAR track. This is a rather small, very old stadium, vastly smaller than a standard track. From the pictures, there's barely any straights. I'd be interested to see how slow they go compared to at a normal track. Anyhow, it's this weekend if you've want to go.

Then there's this one:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/farmer-fl...163539424.html

All I an say about that is...bwa-ha-ha-ha! That, and now I know that in a Vauxhall vs forklift fight, bet on the forklift!
    Last edited by achilles; 02-04-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I find this one weird; they've converted the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum into a NASCAR track. This is a rather small, very old stadium, vastly smaller than a standard track. From the pictures, there's barely any straights. I'd be interested to see how slow they go compared to at a normal track. Anyhow, it's this weekend if you've want to go.
    It's only a quarter mile, the smallest track by far in NASCAR. Sounds like a PR stunt.

Extraordinary Member

It's only a quarter mile, the smallest track by far in NASCAR. Sounds like a PR stunt.
    I'm wondering if the drivers will get dizzy on that thing.

I wonder what the over/under will be on crashes? A track that small is just begging for disaster.