Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yes, they are cheaper, unless it's a Tesla, in which case you'll have to take it in after the weekly recall. Well, they are, right up until you have to replace the batteries. With typical driving patterns, that can work out to about five years of ownership. Then, you blow all the money you saved will all be blown at once, and then some. Those electric trucks are interesting, but even Ford itself acknowledges they're pretty useless for people who need a truck to haul or tow things, or in any rural areas, or indeed outside of California, which has the most charging stations in the nation.
    What I see is it is now 8 years or 100,000 miles, with it going to 200,000 miles and as with all technology, it will get cheaper. I agree EVs are problematic now. But they will be easier to own in the future. Unless you have a Tesla.
    I do not see any article or report that does not say EVs cost less over the long run. Including battery replacement.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-19-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What I see is it is now 8 years or 100,000 miles, with it going to 200,000 miles and as with all technology, it will get cheaper. I agree EVs are problematic now. But they will be easier to own in the future. Unless you have a Tesla.
    I do not see any article or report that does not say EVs cost less over the long run. Including battery replacement.
    Consumer Reports says...don't buy a Tesla, get a Mustang Model E or whatever their EV is called. It is just superior to Tesla in pretty much every way, CR say. Well...it looks like a dog accident, but apart from that, the numbers are pretty good. Zero to sixty times are pretty nice, range is fine for the class, and it seems so far to be much more reliable than Tesla.

Yeah, they talked about Tesla's how new airplane yolk type steering wheel makes it undriveable.
    I saw a Mustang Mach E in a parking lot. I thought it looked pretty cool.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, they talked about Tesla's how new airplane yolk type steering wheel makes it undriveable.

Even though they may look cool, they don't look like a "Mustang".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Even though they may look cool, they don't look like a "Mustang".
    Agree. Weird branding if you ask me. At least it's not the Pinto Mach E

Extraordinary Member

Weird. I think this is one of those care that looks good in white, but terrible in darker colors. There's a McLaren like that, and this might be another. This color looks a lot better than the darker ones I've seen previously. Looks a bit Rav4ish from that angle...

Agree. Weird branding if you ask me. At least it's not the Pinto Mach E
    Man, I'm sure they wouldn't want to go there if there were fire problems from the batteries!

Anybody remember the Ford Pinto scene in the movie Top Secret! with Val Kilmer?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Man, I'm sure they wouldn't want to go there if there were fire problems from the batteries!

Anybody remember the Ford Pinto scene in the movie Top Secret! with Val Kilmer?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Weird. I think this is one of those care that looks good in white, but terrible in darker colors. There's a McLaren like that, and this might be another. This color looks a lot better than the darker ones I've seen previously. Looks a bit Rav4ish from that angle...
    Not good in blue, not a good blue anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't know whether to post this in the MLB thread, or the Car thread, but since cars are still a thing and MLB just isn't...

https://autos.yahoo.com/bronco-drive...122500296.html

I'm a bit torn here. On the one hand, it's sacrilege, on the other.....bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Extraordinary Member

Not good in blue, not a good blue anyway.

Speaking of car colors:

https://autos.yahoo.com/world-loves-...203900760.html

Not surprising, but...yech, I wish there was some more color in the car world. I want metal flakes, hotrod reds, canary yellow, custom hand painted and striped cars, anything that isn't black, white, or grey.

Did Musk get the stupid idea for a sterring yoke from the Will Smith I Robot movie?

Tesla

I Robot

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I honestly didn't think this was going to happen, at least not THIS year anyway:

2022 Philadelphia Auto Show
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I honestly didn't think this was going to happen, at least not THIS year anyway:

2022 Philadelphia Auto Show
    Cool, it's in NY in April. I'm going.

Cool, it's in NY in April.
    As long as there's not a new variant outbreak . . .