Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yep, that's what I've heard. But kind of terrible in the sticks, since there are few chargers.
    Depends what someone is using it for. If mostly local runs and work within an area, it's 300 mile range should be fine. Recharge at night. I don't know why more companies that mostly do business locally don't go electric, considering how much they will save on fuel and maintenance. I never understood people taking long trips in trucks anyway, unless they are towing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    . . . I never understood people taking long trips in trucks anyway, unless they are towing.
    Depends on if their truck is their only / primary vehicle, or if maybe part of the reason for the long trip is to haul something.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But would you prefer the look to the Tesla Cybertruck?

Yikes! That looks like a deliberate attempt at ugly. Like an upper-class teen trying too hard to be grunge.

No one will buy the Tesla truck. GM and Ford have their electric trucks out already, and they look conventional.

Extraordinary Member

How about these hyper cars? I especially like the last one...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/buga...130000068.html

Yhe Lamborghini Sian. Wow!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Yhe Lamborghini Sian. Wow!
    Yeah, isn't it fine? That Ferrari looks like the Batmobile! But that last one....looks like nothing else.

Yeah, isn't it fine? That Ferrari looks like the Batmobile! But that last one....looks like nothing else.
    I missed that the first time I looked. Didn't scroll down enough
    It's a prototype, so the production model might not be as far out. But wow, that is awesome!

They redesigned the Honda CR-V for 2023. I am underwhelmed. Very generic, looks like a older Hyndai. Honda is usually ahead with their designs, but this? I prefer my 2017 much more.

They redesigned the Honda CR-V for 2023. I am underwhelmed. Very generic, looks like a older Hyndai. Honda is usually ahead with their designs, but this? I prefer my 2017 much more.

It looks like you could put a Volkswagon badge on the front and nobody would think twice.

Extraordinary Member

Whatever happened to great car design? Cars that look cool? This looks like every other blob in the parking lot.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Whatever happened to great car design? Cars that look cool? This looks like every other blob in the parking lot.
    Agreed. The fascia looks like a modern Toyota Avanza or Veloz (originally based on the Daihatsu Xenia platform) that is being sold in select markets.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I mean it really looks like a 2020 Hyundai Tuscan.

Meanwhile Hyundai has upped their design an a few innovations. 2022 Tuscan.

I mean it really looks like a 2020 Hyundai Tuscan.

Meanwhile Hyundai has upped their design an a few innovations. 2022 Tuscan.
    I get annoyed with a Hyundai Tucson ad they've been running on TV for a while.

It's great that they offer the parking assist feature where you can have your car back itself out of a tight space so you have room to open the car doors (especially if some @$$hole parks right up against your car!). But in this commercial they have the couple pull up at a rural restaurant/night spot with a gravel parking area that doesn't have any visible lines for marking spaces, and use the feature to park the car in a tight space! Great for them, but what are the people that are parked next to the Tucson suppose to do if they don't have a parking assist feature?!?

They should have the tagline "Drive a Tucson and you, too, can park like an obnoxious jerk!" at the end of that commercial.

Extraordinary Member

I went to the Orange County Auto Show today, it was fun. Many fewer cars, especially the exotics, but makers like Suburu weren't there, Porsche had a model, but it was locked, so no sit test. The exotics were two Lambos, very sweet, and two McClarens, two of the most beautiful cars you could see. The 720s, and a new one I don't recall the name because I was too busy putting my tongue back in my mouth. The Ford Raptor was nice, but I got an offroad ride in a Jeep Wrangler. Scared the hell out of me initially, but the thing made me feel safe, like it didn't care what angle it was going up, 37 degrees at one point, or down, or sideways. Low range gear box, hard top removable, utilitarian but high tech and cool looking interior. The sort of thing you can feel okay about when getting back in with muddy boots. Loved it, around 67 grand. Might even make it part way to the grocery store before breaking down, but I don't care, it had me by the....

Nissan Z is fine, but the line to sit was too long. 400 plus hp, small car, this thing will likely go.

Sat tested a Mustang 4, which is sacrilege, and a 5.0 8. Both were fun and great to sit in, but the Challenger is still king for me in comfort, tech, and driving position. Too bad it's the last model year. Weird, because the last time, about 3 years ago, I hated the Stangs.

No Jags or Alphas this year. No Astons.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-01-2022 at 01:29 PM.