Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

This amazing Ferrari GT can be driven in the 2022 Video game Gran Turismo 7. It looks like a Hot Wheels car, goes impressively fast, has a very unique Steering Wheel, a highly unique area for the high spoiler, curves back and front, and an amazing style Windshield.

1 Amazing Supercar that is a masterpiece marvel. This Amazing Supercar was created by the illustrious Automaker Ferrari.
    Also this Ferrari GT has 1,338 HP.

Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 12-08-2022 at 09:27 AM.

It's cool looking, but that yoke style steering wheel is stupid. The tried it on the Tesla and it was a disaster. You can't turn hand over hand.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's cool looking, but that yoke style steering wheel is stupid. The tried it on the Tesla and it was a disaster. You can't turn hand over hand.
    In other words, it's highly impractical much like it was very inane for the Batmobile to have no windshield in the abomination that is Batman and Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    This amazing Ferrari GT can be driven in the 2022 Video game Gran Turismo 7. It looks like a Hot Wheels car, goes impressively fast, has a very unique Steering Wheel, a highly unique area for the high spoiler, curves back and front, and an amazing style Windshield.

1 Amazing Supercar that is a masterpiece marvel. This Amazing Supercar was created by the illustrious Automaker Ferrari.

Wow, they really need to get more power. They're bit behind the curve. Cool looking car when backlit in red. Though a two year old could probably jump over it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

The inside looks like K.I.T.T., steering wheel and all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The inside looks like K.I.T.T., steering wheel and all.
    Which version of K.I.T.T.?

I thought the original had a "normal" steering wheel?

Then again, it's been probably almost 40 years since I actually paid attention to an episode of Knight Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which version of K.I.T.T.?

I thought the original had a "normal" steering wheel?

Then again, it's been probably almost 40 years since I actually paid attention to an episode of Knight Rider.
    Nope, it had that funky wheel/yoke.

Extraordinary Member

Some guy ran his 2005 era Ford GT, (the first tribute version of Ford V. Ferrari fame), on the Space Shuttle landing pad at about 310 MPH. It's just a BIT up from the standard 550 ponies----to 2700 HP twin turbocharged V8. Amazingly, it's not only street legal, but it's his daily driver. The previous record was just a few MPH slower, the Bugatti Chiron, but that was using its bog standard engine. Also done at the same place, as it seems to be about the only place on the planet with a long enough, smooth enough straight to do such things, (though I wonder about Bonneville, as THAT place hosts rocket cars records).

Extraordinary Member

Got to see one of these in a Porsche shop. It looks much better in person, nice interior, but not maybe worth the $185,000 price. But such build quality! I compare that to a Bronco I saw at the car show, which had everyone looking at it wondering at the very visible unground welds. It is, in case you are wondering, a Porsche 718 GT4 RS, a souped up Boxster basically. Beautiful car.

Also saw a Shelby Cobra parked at a mall. People were stopping to inspect it.

The Cobra is still one of the top ten all time cars.

Saw a Lamborghini Huracan on the Long Island Expressway. Thought it was insane to drive it there.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Sad news, Ken Block, the famous and incredible stunt driver was killed snowmobiling. He did a "drive" with Richard Hammond of The Grand Tour on a disused airbase with a motocross champ...and he barely kept from crashing. It was spectacular. RIP to the best stunt driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Cobra is still one of the top ten all time cars.

Saw a Lamborghini Huracan on the Long Island Expressway. Thought it was insane to drive it there.

Attractive for sure, but the infamous potholes here in Philly would kill that thing!

Mecum Auctions is on TV (Motor Trend channel) live from Kissimmee, Florida. It’s always fun to watch loads of classic cars, most notably muscle cars go under the gavel and wish I could afford one of those bad boys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Mecum Auctions is on TV (Motor Trend channel) live from Kissimmee, Florida. It’s always fun to watch loads of classic cars, most notably muscle cars go under the gavel and wish I could afford one of those bad boys.
    It's fun, but it depresses me; I've always wanted to get the winning bid on a Roadrunner and a Duster, the cars my parents drove me in when I was almost too young to remember. Great cars.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It's fun, but it depresses me; I've always wanted to get the winning bid on a Roadrunner and a Duster, the cars my parents drove me in when I was almost too young to remember. Great cars.
    The cars my Dad drove when I was young were much more boring: a black 1950s Ford sedan (not sure exact year / make); a 1964 Ford Country Squire station wagon (based off of the Galaxie 500); and later a 1976 Plymouth Volaré station wagon, which later became my car.
    My Mom didn't drive back then; she only got her driver's license in 1983 after they moved here to Connecticut. (I drove her up from New Jersey for the closing on the house.)