Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Cobra is still one of the top ten all time cars.

Saw a Lamborghini Huracan on the Long Island Expressway. Thought it was insane to drive it there.

If you wonder why Laamborghini cars look similar to Ferraris it's because an idea for a Ferrari car was rejected so the man decided to start his own similar Car Maker in the same country Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    If you wonder why Laamborghini cars look similar to Ferraris it's because an idea for a Ferrari car was rejected so the man decided to start his own similar Car Maker in the same country Italy.
    That was 60 years ago and they are now owned by Volkswagon. So they don't have any excuses. Ferruccio Lamborghini died 30 years ago.

I have to look at how different they look today.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-09-2023 at 08:23 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

In general, IMO Lambos don't look much like Ferraris. Lambos seem to have been made for extreme looks, while the Ferraris seem to have been designed using an actual wind tunnel and computers. There is an upcoming movie about Lamborghini, a biopic about the founder. Don't know what it's called or where or when it's available, but it's there. The Italian car makers were quite...odd. And they did love their feuds.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So somebody finally imported a Toyota iQ (or Scion iQ in the US) in the Philippines. Depending on local market standards, it's classified as either a supermini or kei car.

The narration is in mixed English and Tagalog but at one point the author said the iQ shares the same engine as the Toyota Wigo, which is a rebadged Daihatsu Ayla. After seeing the similarly-sized Smart ForTwo ply the streets of the metro for decades, I hope to see this one in person soon.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Classified docs found stored near Biden's corvette. I am sure he had this beauty under lock and key.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Classified docs found stored near Biden's corvette. I am sure he had this beauty under lock and key.

It IS a nice car; I've always liked Corvettes, especially of that vintage.

1967 was the last of the original Stingray design, and considered the best model. The next year, 1968, they went to this version.

Extraordinary Member

Rally legend Ken Block died on the second of January in a snowmobile accident, going down a slope where it tipped over on him. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was on Top Gear as well. Damn, after Jeremy Renner's near fatal thing with his Snowcat which pretty much has ended his action movie career, (though age and the fact that outside Hawkeye, he never really caught on had already pretty much seen to that), this makes me want to stay away from the snow machines. That, and it'd be cold.

A pallet cleanser, one of the cars I grew up loving, the Pantera DeTomaso:

It was made from '71 to '92 by Italian maker DeTomaso.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-13-2023 at 06:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There will soon be an E-Ray in the Corvette line-up. But no need to panic, it's actually a AWD drive hybrid, with the standard Corvette V-8 powering the rear wheels, while a tiny but powerful electric motor powers the front wheels. Meant more as a GT car than a racer like the Z06, it is nonetheless the quickest car they've ever made. To 60 and the quarter mile at least. It does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds for example, thanks to the car putting down its power with all four wheels. That's about CTR territory, for about the same price, the low $100 thousands. They say it's good in the snow...

Love to include images, but the exterior is just a new 'Vette, and there seems to have been an embargo on those images. But it's very high tech racer/starfighter, somewhat the same as the gas model.

By way of comparison, the Z06 has a harsher suspension set-up, (and probably sucks as a daily driver due to that race set-up which punishes the driver), and fewer options. The E-Ray evidently is only 200 pounds heavier than a gas model like the Z06. Which is very good considering a Ford Lightning F-150 is from 2,000 to 4,000 pounds heavier than a gas model.

One of the few pics I've seen of the exterior:

Last edited by achilles; 01-18-2023 at 06:19 AM.

That is very cool. The high end is where they improve the technology. I don't think any car with a 6 inch bottom clearance will be good in the snow though.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Philadelphia Auto Show opens today! YAY! I'll be going and hope to have pictures to share with everyone here.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-28-2023 at 02:46 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Can't wait WPP.

Sorry for the delay with pictures, but, I was kinda busy with the Eagles and their march to the Super Bowl! Here's some photos I took at the Auto Show:

Literally EVERYONE had an all electric vehicle to show off, this one's my favorite, the Nissan Ariya, you might've seen it in a Nissan commercial with Brie (Captain Marvel) Larsen:

Here's the new Chevy Corvette:

and the Camaro Z-28 ragtop:

I'll have more to share later on!

I don't see any pics WPP.

I don't see any pics WPP.
    Really? I’ll double check.