Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got them WWP. I'll be going to the show here in NY in April.
    All those EVs spell trouble for Tesla.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Got them WWP. I'll be going to the show here in NY in April.
    All those EVs spell trouble for Tesla.
    I thought Elon Musk and Twitter spelled trouble for Tesla?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought Elon Musk and Twitter spelled trouble for Tesla?
    He does. The other companies are offering good alternatives to buying a Tesla.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He does. The other companies are offering good alternatives to buying a Tesla.
    Yup! Like I said, pretty much every auto maker at the show had an electric vehicle, even Hummer. I’ll post a pic of that.

I can't wait for people to say "I got an electric Hummer".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My eyesight isn't very good for small things, but I think the first one is a Corvette, have no idea about the second save that it might be a Nissan, and the third I think is a Camaro.

How'd I do?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    My eyesight isn't very good for small things, but I think the first one is a Corvette, have no idea about the second save that it might be a Nissan, and the third I think is a Camaro.

How'd I do?
    From top to bottom:

Nissan Ariya (all electric)
    Chevy Corvette
    Chevy Camaro

Here's the link to my Facebook page where I have nearly 100 pictures I took at the Auto Show:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100066782766114

How'd I do?
    Click on the photos for larger images.

From top to bottom:

Nissan Ariya (all electric)
    Chevy Corvette
    Chevy Camaro

Here's the link to my Facebook page where I have nearly 100 pictures I took at the Auto Show:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100066782766114
    Those Maclarens were something else!

Astonishing Member

Don't buy a Hyundai. My wife and I bought the 2019 accent model and they've been crappy. I've taken mine to the shop three times because the car just shut off while I was on the road. My wife's car needed a new catalytic converter. Since both are still under warranty, we took them to a Hyundai dealer and it took several weeks for them to just get a diagnosis because they have so many broken down Hyundais to look at ahead of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Don't buy a Hyundai. My wife and I bought the 2019 accent model and they've been crappy. I've taken mine to the shop three times because the car just shut off while I was on the road. My wife's car needed a new catalytic converter. Since both are still under warranty, we took them to a Hyundai dealer and it took several weeks for them to just get a diagnosis because they have so many broken down Hyundais to look at ahead of ours.
    Really? Whoa! I own a 2013 Sonata and it’s still running. I’ve thought about trading up, but I work at home, so it wouldn’t make much sense to have a car note for something I’d rarely use.

Extraordinary Member

For those of you who live in cold climates, you might want to consider the Ford F-150 Lightning, (the electric version), has a special feature---it supplies you with heat! A lot of heat. Very quickly. In fact, it appears to be quite burny.

Meanwhile, Tesla continues to suck. Seems there is a series of software glitches, (I know, who could have foreseen it), that do crashy things to your car. But never fear, an over the air update is forthcoming, and those NEVER go wrong and brick the device.

For those of you who live in cold climates, you might want to consider the Ford F-150 Lightning, (the electric version), has a special feature---it supplies you with heat! A lot of heat. Very quickly. In fact, it appears to be quite burny.

Meanwhile, Tesla continues to suck. Seems there is a series of software glitches, (I know, who could have foreseen it), that do crashy things to your car. But never fear, an over the air update is forthcoming, and those NEVER go wrong and brick the device.
    Problems with Tesla? NO! Really? I did NOT see that coming!

Extraordinary Member

Problems with Tesla? NO! Really? I did NOT see that coming!
    No one did. The funny thing is that there are more of them on the road in my area than any other maker. Only Mercedes-Benz comes close. You'd think at some point people would pay attention and stop buying them.