Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wonder how long they’ll able to manage it (assuming they can). Seems like a pretty big jump to go from releasing 2 movies a year to 6.
    This is one of my questions too. The other question is financially can this work? Streaming makes their money via subscriptions and maybe ads, however without a large subscription base like Netflix (Disney numbers wouldn't even be enough) this will burn through cash like crazy. Maybe I'm missing something but I have the feeling that Disney and HBO Max have to have blockbuster theatrical releases at this time (no telling for how long) because the number of subscribers needed to reach the point of profitability seems too high at the current price point. Either the theater releases have to make enough to fund the streaming movies/shows or the price of subscriptions have to rise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    As for cw dc shows,it's not over yet and they adding new dc cw shows in the future.

Stargirl
    Superman & Lois
    Green Arrow and the Canaries
    Painkiller
    Untitled Wonder Girl series
    Naomi
    Update-
    Green Arrow and the Canaries Not Moving Forward at The CW
    Warner Bros. Television and The CW have decided to pass on Green Arrow and the Canaries, a spinoff of the recently-concluded Arrow DC series.
    https://www.cbr.com/green-arrow-and-...oving-forward/

Xolo Mariduena is in talks to star as Blue Beetle.

“Corba Kai” breakout Xolo Maridueña is in talks to star in the lead role of Jaime Reyes in “Blue Beetle” for HBO Max, Warner Bros. and DC Films first superhero movie starring a Latino character, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface” remake and Sony’s “Miss Bala.”

In DC Comics, Blue Beetle is the superhero alter ego used by three different heroes, but the film will focus on Mexican-American teenager Jaime Reyes, the third character to assume the Blue Beetle mantle.

The film is looking to start production early next year, with John Rickard producing for HBO Max. Zev Foreman is executive-producing.

Huh, he looks nice, but he doesn't pass for a teenager - I know they cast adults in their 20s to play teens all the time, and maybe it's just the facial hair, but he just looks too old to play Jaime to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Huh, he looks nice, but he doesn't pass for a teenager - I know they cast adults in their 20s to play teens all the time, and maybe it's just the facial hair, but he just looks too old to play Jaime to me.
    Maybe they'll skip the teen years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe they'll skip the teen years.
    Maybe, probably even - but won't lie, that feels kind of wrong since he's so iconic as a teen to me.

Ultimate Member

Xolo is 20. I think that’s a little older than Jaime in the comics.

But Hollywood rarely ever cast teens as teens.

I think he definitely looks the part and can pass a teen way more than most actors that are cast in these roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Xolo is 20. I think that’s a little older than Jaime in the comics.

But Hollywood rarely ever cast teens as teens.
    Wow really? Must be the facial hair that ages him in my eyes then. Weirdly had the same thing when I was a teen, people always assumed I was an adult because of it. But yeah, was totally pegging him to be in the 25-30 range.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This guy plays Miguel in Cobra Kai. He shaves the facial hair he will look like a teen.

Extraordinary Member

Blue Beetle: Xolo Maridueña Casting Confirmed at The Suicide Squad Premiere
    DC fans got a long-awaited piece of news on Monday, when reports indicated that Cobra Kai actor Xolo Maridueña was in talks to star in HBO Max's upcoming Blue Beetle movie. The idea of getting to see Maridueña play Jaime Reyes — a character comic fans have been eager to see get his own movie — has already captivated the Internet, but some were awaiting confirmation that he would be playing the part. Luckily, on Monday night, that confirmation arrived, as Maridueña made an appearance at the red carpet premiere of The Suicide Squad. According to a tweet from The Hollywood Reporter's Aaron Couch, Maridueña learned he had earned the role just the night before, in a dinner with director Angel Manuel Soto and Warner Bros. execs.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/blue-b...suicide-squad/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This guy plays Miguel in Cobra Kai. He shaves the facial hair he will look like a teen.
    Have to take your word, never watched Cobra Kai.

Ultimate Member

Maybe, probably even - but won't lie, that feels kind of wrong since he's so iconic as a teen to me.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is he a good actor?