Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Disney is a family child friendly app, ask most parents and they'll tell you that they only have it for their kids and its nice to turn it on and
    know that it's safe content.

Rated r stuff from Disney/Disney+streaming talk
    Originally posted by Raiden
    Disney+ is just a better streaming service than DCU because it not only offers Marvel, but also Disney, Star Wars, and who knows what else. The only drawback I can think of is that Disney+ won't offer anything above a PG-13, and so we won't see anything mature themed like Daredevil on Netflix, which is a shame. IMO Disney+ should give their subscribers an option to get adult orientated series and movies if they want, and it will truly be a streaming service that can rival Netflix.

Originally posted by Xeno
    The PG-13 thing doesn't bother me at all since there are plenty of options if one wants to see more adult fare. In fact, I'm a bit turned off to the DC service since it seems to lean heavily into harder R-rated material. I'd like to be able to share my superhero obsession with the kiddies, not have to shut the TV off whenever Batman & friends come on screen. But that's just me. :-)
    Disney does have films and shows in its catalog that don't fall into the family-friendly category, and I'm sure they'll fit them into Hulu or some other platform. ABC has plenty of shows that skew towards TV-MA, like Scandal, Grey's, etc. Disney also owns Freeform, which does play films and shows that have definitely adult material in them. It has been inching further into that recently, maybe hoping to make the 700 Club crew uncomfortable. :
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr....544427/page-4

Carlos Green quote-
    Disney has been very quietly adding new shows on hulu that is adult orientated.

If you ARE talking about disney plus in the future then disney plus outside of the u.s well have a rated r section.
    For those in the u.s. it be will hulu under disney for rated r shows and movies etc..
    Plus diseny there has been rated r movies under disney before from Miramax,Touchstone and Dimension Films.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-29-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

As for cw dc shows,it's not over yet and they adding new dc cw shows in the future.

Stargirl
    Superman & Lois
    Green Arrow and the Canaries
    Painkiller
    Untitled Wonder Girl series
    Naomi
    Last edited by mace11; 12-29-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Pretty sure the kids can be recast without effort.
    Why do they need to be recast? That's like saying MCU Spiderman can never grow up I mean didn't Billy grow into he's 20s in the comic's at some point?

Almost forgot "Batgirl" and "Static Shock" are consider "risky" and will probably end up on HBOMax

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Um.... Ezra Miller's Flash cameoed in Crisis on Infinite Earths, right next to Grant Gustin's Flash, a cameo that was asked for by the studio at the 11th hour. There are now two Bruce Wayne's on TV (ok, one of them is really Tommy Elliot, but you get my point), and there will be THREE different Batmen on the big screen in the next few years. Themyscira has already been mentioned and briefly seen in Legends of Tomorrow, and they got a Wonder Girl show in the works based off the new character that's going to be Wonder Woman in the comics. Hell, Even Ryan Wilder is going to be the new Batwoman in both the comics and TV show. Meanwhile over in Marvel, while the TV side desperately tried to include the movies in their universe, the movies never once mentioned anything from the TV side (until now, when both Movie and TV are under the same umbrella finally).

The point is, DC has been embracing the multiverse, both on TV and now in the films. Flash will go at least two more seasons and Stargirl is coming off of a pretty good first season and is building their fanbase. Batwoman right now is a huge question mark, and I'll give you that Legends is on it's last legs (and I've heard rumors that it will be ending after Season 6). I can't say anything about Superman and Lois- on one hand, that should work. On the other hand, it's already sounding like Superman and Lois will be supporting characters in a show about their kids and those kid's love triangle with Lana Lang's daughter, or some such nonsense. The point being they're falling firmly into the pattern of EVERY DC CW show, which makes me wary (god help them if they try that **** with Wonder Girl). But at the very least, it looks like we're getting a few more years out of the Arrowverse.

The comment that you made with Marvel where now TV and Movies are both under the same umbrella are you referring to the upcoming shows WandaVison, FAWS, etc.?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why do they need to be recast? That's like saying MCU Spiderman can never grow up I mean didn't Billy grow into he's 20s in the comic's at some point?
    I think these characters lose something if they are adults who say a magic word and then turn into adults.

Astonishing Member

The part which excites me about all this is the fact that they're embracing the Multiverse. Yes, Marvel is starting to head in that direction as well, but DC invented the Multiverse concept in the superhero genre, and they're a more natural fit for it as compared to Marvel, which has always been more invested in a cohesive shared universe - from the early days of Lee/Kirby to the tightly controlled MCU.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Pretty sure the kids can be recast without effort.
    I already don't really remember them much. I think any cute and charming kid can fill the suits, and they're a dime a dozen, frankly. Zachary Levi was the true face of the movie, imo.

I think these characters lose something if they are adults who say a magic word and then turn into adults.
    TBH, I still think the best live-action Captain Marvel was the 70s version. He was like 25 or so.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-29-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Will this effect the DTV DC animated movies market?

I don't see any real difference really it's just someone turning into a super powerd being hell you can even phase out the kids and just have him be CM for the whole movie kinda like Thor

BANNED

I don't see any real difference really it's just someone turning into a super powerd being hell you can even phase out the kids and just have him be CM for the whole movie kinda like Thor
    The point and charm of the story is you have a child turning to an adult, but still with the child's mind and experience. You take that away and you have a generic superhero.

Plus, you lose the hero fantasy connection of 12 year olds everywhere who like to play that they, too, can utter a magic word and become the world's mightiest mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I already don't really remember them much. I think any cute and charming kid can fill the suits, and they're a dime a dozen, frankly. Zachary Levi was the true face of the movie, imo..
    I think the kids did a great job in the movie, especially in terms of capturing their characters, so I'd rather not recast if we can help it.

The point and charm of the story is you have a child turning to an adult, but still with the child's mind and experience. You take that away and you have a generic superhero.

Plus, you lose the hero fantasy connection of 12 year olds everywhere who like to play that they, too, can utter a magic word and become the world's mightiest mortal.
    It can and has worked with out kids though

It can and has worked with out kids though
    I guess if the plan is for them to be in their adult form 24/7.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wonder how long they’ll able to manage it (assuming they can). Seems like a pretty big jump to go from releasing 2 movies a year to 6.