Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
"Why not Veronica Cale?" was one of my first thoughts when it was clear Max was going to be in the movie.
Jenkins looks like she is going by whatever comics that Geoff Johns has given her plus some Golden Age comics. Somebody needs to give her the good stuff (Rucka, Perez, Simone) so she can give us the WW movie we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I believe in one of the interviews before Rebirth, Rucka said he viewed Cheetah as Diana's Two-Face. Which means he maybe wanted to elevate Veronica to the top spot, which lol good luck with that because I don't think it will ever take. Granted, I loved Rebirth Veronica and have no problem considering her one of the top villains now, just not #1.

Barbara was more of a victim of her own hubris than anything else. If Lex Luthor can go from Clark's childhood friend with a soft spot for his sister to the leader of the Legion of Doom, Barbara's personal faults being amplified by the Cheetah curse which drives her more and more insane wouldn't be an issue.

Really wish the sequel was in the modern day and focused on Diana, Barbara and Veronica with no Max whatsoever.

Maybe even no Steve.
Yeah, I mean, Lex, Joker and Cheetah all look visually distinct when you put them together. Put Veronica instead of Lex and it just underscores her as a female Lex Luthor.

Barbara was arrogant but it was also clear that she didn't want to be cursed with flesh eating madness and both times she was manipulated into becoming the Cheetah. I like Veronica and she can definitely carry some story arcs but I don't see her becoming the top WW villain either.

I have only just finished reading Rucka's arc with WW meeting Ares at the end. Haven't caught up with what the writers have followed have done. Thus far, I think its best to keep Rucka's sympathetic Cheetah as far as the main universe is considered and maybe dust off Priscilla Rich as the more villainous, capital E evil version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
Same, I think a third movie using the Godwatch plot as basis with Circe in Deimos/Phobos' place could work.
I would watch that. Go all out and bring in some of the other classic WW villains as well.