Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I am not opposed to it, except Mafdet is not really an evil goddess. Sekhmet was far more dangerous and brutal, although Maftdet is obviously more in tune with the Cheetah mythos. With Sehkmet, it can explain why Cheetah is so vicious and blood thirsty, and can also explain why even as a Cheetah villain, she is so powerful.

Nice art here....
    https://society6.com/product/sekhmet1105582_print
    I don't know if the goddess who curses Barbara necessarily needs to be an evil deity. Just one she unwittingly offends in her hubris.

We do have the Olympian goddesses being benevolent to the Amazons even though they all have nasty track records in the myth (Athena in particular I don't think cared for the Amazons period), so giving Mafdet more of an edge wouldn't be hurting much. Especially as the fault could still be on Barbara Ann for trying to appropriate power she feels she's entitled to, and so Mafdet does a "be careful what you wish for" after she desecrates a tomb or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Instead of Sehkment, I'd ideally have the God who empowers her/curses her be Mafdet. Who is often depicted with a cheetah head, so she is the ideal and obvious choice and I don't get why nobody has ever done anything with that.

I agree that Urzkartaga is kind of a lame and nonsensical invention though. For pragmatic purposes though, even if its not ideal, Circe will probably be the one to turn her back if tey are both in this movie.
    The Wonder Woman '77 comic actually did something like this with their version of Barbara becoming Cheetah through a Mafdet-related relic.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the wish made them parallel power-wise enough without making her a full demigoddess like Diana is.

I wouldn't say without much trouble because otherwise the fight would've ended sooner. The armor was mostly defensive, which was necessary for how tough Cheetah was.
    The fight was short. and once Diana got a hold of Cheetah, Barbra couldn't break free of Diana's grab. which means Diana's strength>>>Cheetah. The armor wasn't needed based on how Diana showed to be physically capable of overpowering Cheetah. Cheetah was not shown to be that tough. Not tough enough to actually give WW a proper fight, even when Diana was on defensive mode all the time. What they did to Cheetah is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The fight was short. and once Diana got a hold of Cheetah, Barbra couldn't break free of Diana's grab. which means Diana's strength>>>Cheetah. The armor wasn't needed based on how Diana showed to be physically capable of overpowering Cheetah. Cheetah was not shown to be that tough. Not tough enough to actually give WW a proper fight, even when Diana was on defensive mode all the time. What they did to Cheetah is just sad.
    I thought that moment when Diana had her wings closed as a shield and Cheetah forced them open in close up was a really intense moment. Cheetah really seemed scary. It felt more real than Zod throwing Clark through a building.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I thought that moment when Diana had her wings closed as a shield and Cheetah forced them open in close up was a really intense moment. Cheetah really seemed scary. It felt more real than Zod throwing Clark through a building.
    Yeah, the POV shot from Diana while Cheetah is clawing her way in was pretty neat and actually made her come across as legit scary

Even if some of the rest of the CGI bouncing around left something to be desired, that shot showed the potential the design had
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-03-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Something tells me she's not going to return - at least, not as a villain. She's not really the threat to Diana's mission that Circe or Ares is.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

While there were many valid things to criticize about with Cheetah’s portrayal, I think that face makeup was the greatest offense. It’s like they put so much effort under the neck and then just gave up and winged it painting a few lines on her face. There’s so much potential with what they could’ve done with a cheetah facial design either from wildlife or the comic depictions and they did...that.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-04-2021 at 05:26 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Patty Jenkins all but says "Barbara Minerva will return"
    https://www.superherohype.com/movies...der-woman-1984

And wrt Barbara being depowered during the climax, there's the interpretation/theory that Max Lord renouncing his wish undid the wishes that were made via HIM as the Dreamstone, so that would have removed the full "Apex Predator" level Cheetah, but could leave Minerva with the results of her own first wish with the Dreamstone...to be "like Diana".

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

And wrt Barbara being depowered during the climax, there's the interpretation/theory that Max Lord renouncing his wish undid the wishes that were made via HIM as the Dreamstone, so that would have removed the full "Apex Predator" level Cheetah, but could leave Minerva with the results of her own first wish with the Dreamstone...to be "like Diana".
    Or it could be that she now goes in search of finding another way to be Cheetah, which would lead to Circe and bestiamorphs...? (wishful thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Or it could be that she now goes in search of finding another way to be Cheetah, which would lead to Circe and bestiamorphs...? (wishful thinking)
    That being how she would regain her "Apex Predator" form or something similar.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I dread to think what the beastimorphs would look like, I’d definitely steer clear of that. Dr.Cyber and an army of Dark Trooper-style droids is a much safer bet imo. I’d have Godwatch launch an assault on Themyscira, with Strife (or Circe) stirring the pot behind the scenes. No beastimorphs

As for Cheetah, Barbara didn’t renounce her wish so she’s already stupidly powerful, all she needs now is a cheetah suit and a split personality. Cheetah lives on inside her psyche.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I dread to think what the beastimorphs would look like, I’d definitely steer clear of that. Dr.Cyber and an army of Dark Trooper-style droids is a much safer bet imo. I’d have Godwatch launch an assault on Themyscira, with Strife (or Circe) stirring the pot behind the scenes. No beastimorphs

As for Cheetah, Barbara didn’t renounce her wish so she’s already stupidly powerful, all she needs now is a cheetah suit and a split personality. Cheetah lives on inside her psyche.
    Let's hope a more powerful Cheetah is living inside her in her next appearance. Because her showings in WW84 did not hit the mark of what she should be. To be facing a character in WW's tier. Then again, WW herself is needing better showings currently. It's time to improve that area, because other females are doing it. While the verse of the so called most iconic female super hero seems to be going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

I definitely assumed she still had her base, Diana-esque, powers as part of her original wish that she didn't renounce and only lost the Cheetah form because everyone else renounced their wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post

Yes, I'd be 100% down for Beatiamorphs if I wasn't worried the effects would make them look like ass.

At this point, I just don't know what in Hades Cheetah is supposed to be doing, ..anywhere. Basically, she's Man-Bat, with a soap opera attached, and this film really affirms that, for my money.

If Barbara returns, as a badass anti-heroine, ala Deathstroke...fine. I could care less, as her presence in a WW story doesn't seem to make much difference or change Diana's bottom-line, in a way that defines what Wonder Woman is doing in Man's World. Playing her off of a scrappy, new Etta, who's like a black, West Indian or Latina Rebel Wilson, ..with Diana stuck between them, and all THREE thrown into an adventure, together--I'll take a ticket! That could be the best of the Snyder-inspired flicks, since Aquaman.

Think WW3 ought to pit Diana against a supervillain (who is NOT a Greek god), who sends her back to her text books. It should be a conflict that changes something fundamental in how she Wonder-Womans and, in so doing, defines Diana, as a superheroine, ..forever.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-05-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!