Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I dread to think what the beastimorphs would look like, I’d definitely steer clear of that. Dr.Cyber and an army of Dark Trooper-style droids is a much safer bet imo. I’d have Godwatch launch an assault on Themyscira, with Strife (or Circe) stirring the pot behind the scenes. No beastimorphs

As for Cheetah, Barbara didn’t renounce her wish so she’s already stupidly powerful, all she needs now is a cheetah suit and a split personality. Cheetah lives on inside her psyche.
    I'm wondering if they could pull off the Pricilla Rich look if Barbara were to return...the stitched together/skinned animal Alex Ross look.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm wondering if they could pull off the Pricilla Rich look if Barbara were to return...the stitched together/skinned animal Alex Ross look.
    I don’t see why not, if John Cena can pull off that goofy-ass costume and even get a spin-off show, Kristen Wiig can rock the sacrificed skin of a dozen cheetahs, especially if they establish that Barbara’s gone completely off the deep end. She’s already headed down that path, it's the price she's paying

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Was it geoff? Was it Patty? Why was Cheetah thrown under the bus like that in her debut film? She is Diana's most well known foe. She already has to deal with bad writing in the comics. And now this carried into the silver screen. Who was the one that decided it was a good look for WW, to have her biggest name villain treated as almost total fodder? All while a guy that isn't even a WW foe got the center of the stage. Could we hope for Cheetah to redeem herself. Or is this character doomed to be treated like this forever? Please Gods help us. Whi is it so hard these days to portray WW and her vilains as powerhouses?
    Because, just like Mr Freeze, while she can be a sympathetic villain, she can only be it once, in one storyline for one episode/movie. Beyond, she's just an ugly supeer-powered monster people. She isn't interesting, and it makes Diana looks bad if she can't find a way to uncurse her or, worse, if she knows that Barbara is rotten to the core but doesn't do anything to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because, just like Mr Freeze, while she can be a sympathetic villain, she can only be it once, in one storyline for one episode/movie. Beyond, she's just an ugly supeer-powered monster people. She isn't interesting, and it makes Diana looks bad if she can't find a way to uncurse her or, worse, if she knows that Barbara is rotten to the core but doesn't do anything to stop her.
    I assume Diana would be willing to help Barbara but it's a matter of Barbara wanting her help.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume Diana would be willing to help Barbara but it's a matter of Barbara wanting her help.
    Sure, but it only works that long before one start to wonder why Diana doesn't consider her a lost cause. I mean, WW isn't Batman and Cheetah's isn't the Joker. I know a lot of peoples put Cheetah on the same level as Joker is to their respective heroes, but I really don't buy it. Cheetah hasn't the plastic evilness that Joker possess, not even the timeless xenophobia of Luthor and its many guises, from scientist to capitalist to president... If she goes to the deep end, then she cease to be sympathetic. One can only pull the victim card so long before it starts to become clear that they actually revel in acts of cruelty and depravation.

At some point, a friend's duty is to stop one who has fallen so low, as much as she can.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, I'd be 100% down for Beatiamorphs if I wasn't worried the effects would make them look like ass.
    I would think that WB and Patty are furiously writing notes about the biggest criticisms this film got, and hopefully, note # 1 is "get better FX"...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Sure, but it only works that long before one start to wonder why Diana doesn't consider her a lost cause. I mean, WW isn't Batman and Cheetah's isn't the Joker. I know a lot of peoples put Cheetah on the same level as Joker is to their respective heroes, but I really don't buy it. Cheetah hasn't the plastic evilness that Joker possess, not even the timeless xenophobia of Luthor and its many guises, from scientist to capitalist to president... If she goes to the deep end, then she cease to be sympathetic. One can only pull the victim card so long before it starts to become clear that they actually revel in acts of cruelty and depravation.

At some point, a friend's duty is to stop one who has fallen so low, as much as she can.
    I mean, to be honest I feel like Rucka made Rebirth Cheetah a little too sympathetic but that seems to have struck a chord with a bunch of people. Just like how deep down there's a part of Batman that never gives up on the Harvey Dent side of Two-Face or Superman believing Luthor could redeem himself if he just applied himself the right way.

One of Diana's best character traits is her unending and vast compassion and love for others.

It speaks far more poorly on Batman that he continues to let Joker live, especially since so many modern depictions of Joker (and his girlfriend) love giving him a body count comparable or higher than real world war criminals and there isn’t even a prior relationship between Bruce and Joker that might make him want to rehabilitate him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It speaks far more poorly on Batman that he continues to let Joker live, especially since so many modern depictions of Joker (and his girlfriend) love giving him a body count comparable or higher than real world war criminals and there isn’t even a prior relationship between Bruce and Joker that might make him want to rehabilitate him.
    It gets worse when Wonder Woman will get flack for exterminating an irredeemable threat, but people will always give Harley a pass for murdering innocent people because it's easy to just pin everything on Joker.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    While there were many valid things to criticize about with Cheetah’s portrayal, I think that face makeup was the greatest offense. It’s like they put so much effort under the neck and then just gave up and winged it painting a few lines on her face. There’s so much potential with what they could’ve done with a cheetah facial design either from wildlife or the comic depictions and they did...that.
    That's one of my main problems with her character in general. she never looks like a real cheetah In comics
    & never ever in DC shows. in the film they could have given her long tear lines and black lips. The shot of her looking up at the yellow satellite glow showed her fur brighter. I noticed her face makeup completely changed every shot. Cheetahs are not hard to illustrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    That's one of my main problems with her character in general. she never looks like a real cheetah In comics
    & never ever in DC shows. in the film they could have given her long tear lines and black lips. The shot of her looking up at the yellow satellite glow showed her fur brighter. I noticed her face makeup completely changed every shot. Cheetahs are not hard to illustrate.
    The biggest problem is there was absolutely no reason for her to become cheetah-like beyond her liking Diana's shoes. She could have just as easily wished and became a shark or something, cheetah's aren't even on the Top 10 Apex Predators list.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, to be honest I feel like Rucka made Rebirth Cheetah a little too sympathetic but that seems to have struck a chord with a bunch of people. Just like how deep down there's a part of Batman that never gives up on the Harvey Dent side of Two-Face or Superman believing Luthor could redeem himself if he just applied himself the right way.

One of Diana's best character traits is her unending and vast compassion and love for others.
    I agree she was too much of a victim in that story. Though unlike Batman, Diana is willing to kill her enemies if they go too far so if you go with a full on evil Cheetah then at one point WW will kill her. Makes sense to keep her just sympathetic enough so Diana wouldn't go that route.

Still, I can't see Rucka's Cheetah hanging out with the Legion of Doom or something akin to Cheetah's appearance in Gail's Secret Six. Rucka seems to be trying to be set up Veronica Cale as Wonder Woman's archenemy. Now that I think about, would she have worked better in Maxwell Lord's role in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I agree she was too much of a victim in that story. Though unlike Batman, Diana is willing to kill her enemies if they go too far so if you go with a full on evil Cheetah then at one point WW will kill her. Makes sense to keep her just sympathetic enough so Diana wouldn't go that route.

Still, I can't see Rucka's Cheetah hanging out with the Legion of Doom or something akin to Cheetah's appearance in Gail's Secret Six. Rucka seems to be trying to be set up Veronica Cale as Wonder Woman's archenemy. Now that I think about, would she have worked better in Maxwell Lord's role in the movie?
    "Why not Veronica Cale?" was one of my first thoughts when it was clear Max was going to be in the movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I believe in one of the interviews before Rebirth, Rucka said he viewed Cheetah as Diana's Two-Face. Which means he maybe wanted to elevate Veronica to the top spot, which lol good luck with that because I don't think it will ever take. Granted, I loved Rebirth Veronica and have no problem considering her one of the top villains now, just not #1.

Barbara was more of a victim of her own hubris than anything else. If Lex Luthor can go from Clark's childhood friend with a soft spot for his sister to the leader of the Legion of Doom, Barbara's personal faults being amplified by the Cheetah curse which drives her more and more insane wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Why not Veronica Cale?" was one of my first thoughts when it was clear Max was going to be in the movie.
    Really wish the sequel was in the modern day and focused on Diana, Barbara and Veronica with no Max whatsoever.

Maybe even no Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Really wish the sequel was in the modern day and focused on Diana, Barbara and Veronica with no Max whatsoever.

Maybe even no Steve.
    Same, I think a third movie using the Godwatch plot as basis with Circe in Deimos/Phobos' place could work.