Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1520
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "There's some bottled tea in the cases nearby. If you want the homemade stuff, you'll hafta wait for Nancy to get back."
    "Well I prefer my tea homemade, so when will this Nancy get back?" Boris said. Boris then checks inside his suit case. " Okay nothing's been damaged," Boris said.

    Boris then eyes the Main Cashier." I'll give you a warn, don't even attempt to look in my suitcase. If you do you be swimming with the fishes, understand?" Already have to deal with a enough people trying to look into my suitcase," Boris said.

    " Carry around a axe and a suitcase, and every Tom, Dick and Jane is suspicious of you," Boris said.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Don't question the magic of Truck Stops, it doesn't like to be challenged." That's how Truck Stop bathrooms came into existence after all, someone got arrogant. Started poking around where they shouldn't have. Not that this... guy would know any of that.
    "Magic, huh?" Miguel stated, idly glancing above him as a fly hovered above him and landed on a wall in the truck stop, presumably to have a taste at something strwen across the wall at some point in time.

    It fell to the ground dead seconds later. "...there's, uh, there's something special about it, that's for sure."

    "I'm here for a funeral."
    "Oh, you too?" Miguel shook his head. "In the end, I guess that's what we're all here for. Kinda wild to think about. All these people being related to this Joestar dude. How you related to him?"

  3. #33
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "That's an interesting coincidence. I am on my way to a funeral and a will reading as well." Jinny then looked into her bag andn fished out a folded piece of paper. Opening it up, she reread the formal letter addressed to her as a potential heir, along with directions to the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Magic, huh?" Miguel stated, idly glancing above him as a fly hovered above him and landed on a wall in the truck stop, presumably to have a taste at something strwen across the wall at some point in time.

    It fell to the ground dead seconds later. "...there's, uh, there's something special about it, that's for sure."



    "Oh, you too?" Miguel shook his head. "In the end, I guess that's what we're all here for. Kinda wild to think about. All these people being related to this Joestar dude. How you related to him?"
    Looking up after hearing what he said, "Did you receive a letter in the mail? That's why I'm here." Jinny holds it up just enough to show it to the others, "It doesn't specifically say anything about being related, I had to figure that part out on my own."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    No sooner had she regained her composure following the hamburger crisis had the assailant returned armed with a chicken leg....an unorthodox assassination method to be sure, but not beyond the realm of possibility. As he neared, she reached for the clash on her guitar case...



    "....Oh.....you were offering me food..." Lucy paused, thumb under the clasp. For a moment she eyed the chicken vendor, judging the validity of his words. Then slowly, she removed her thumb...

    "...Sorry....I must decline. I can't afford to buy food from you right now....." She stated as a matter of fact. It would be a tactical error to imply any measure of wealth given the situation and local behavior.....not that she needed to fabricate a lack of funds.
    "I'm not offering to sell it to you. I'm offering to give it to you. Those who have food have a responsibility to feed the hungry." John replied. His tone betrayed no emotion, it was like he was reading out of a text book

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking up after hearing what he said, "Did you receive a letter in the mail? That's why I'm here." Jinny holds it up just enough to show it to the others, "It doesn't specifically say anything about being related, I had to figure that part out on my own."
    "Got a letter too," Miguel reached into his pocket and drew out an envelope. "Said my father passed away, leaving behind his inheritance. Not sure what was written on anyone else's but..." he shrugged. "Figure we're all here for similar enough reasons, no?" he asked, scrunching up the letter between both of his hands. Within an instant, it appeared to have vanished. "Though I have to wonder how much this inheritance is, considering the Joestar Estate didn't bother to handle our traveling expenses."

  6. #36
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Got a letter too," Miguel reached into his pocket and drew out an envelope. "Said my father passed away, leaving behind his inheritance. Not sure what was written on anyone else's but..." he shrugged. "Figure we're all here for similar enough reasons, no?" he asked, scrunching up the letter between both of his hands. Within an instant, it appeared to have vanished. "Though I have to wonder how much this inheritance is, considering the Joestar Estate didn't bother to handle our traveling expenses."
    "You're sure he is your father?" A realization hit her, "I'm still not 100% sure that he's mine, but if he is, or was, then that would make us half-siblings. That's not something I was expecting to find on this trip. Not that I have a problem with that." Jinny then looked around the room, "I don't suppose anyone else here is also a child of Johannes Joestar?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  7. #37
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking over at the older lady, "You know of Mr. Joestar? Perhaps I underestimated how well known he was." Jinny leaned over slightly, "Is there anything you can share about him?"
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "But...just who is Mr. Joestar...?"
    "Can't say I know him personally," Lenny said, "He used to live in the next town over. Brought a lot of business here which is probably why a dump like this is still open. 'Sides that, I only know as much as the newspapers tell me."

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Well I prefer my tea homemade, so when will this Nancy get back?" Boris said. Boris then checks inside his suit case. " Okay nothing's been damaged," Boris said.

    Boris then eyes the Main Cashier." I'll give you a warn, don't even attempt to look in my suitcase. If you do you be swimming with the fishes, understand?" Already have to deal with a enough people trying to look into my suitcase," Boris said.

    " Carry around a axe and a suitcase, and every Tom, Dick and Jane is suspicious of you," Boris said.
    "You threatenin' me, boy? Look, I don't give a damn about your suitcase, but if you're gonna start trouble then you're gonna find out what happens when that axe meets a 12 gauge."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A paper hat and a white apron were all the clues Sandra needed to sort out the mystery of who this woman was. The bitch who was supposed to be behind the counter making sandwiches was instead outside with Sandra chipping off years of her life with those cancerous poison sticks. If she wasn't so addicted, she would have been affronted. Instead, she just dropped the spent cig to the ground and lit up a new one.

    The smoldering remains of her first were smashed under the heel of her leather boots as she replied. "Your job sucks that much, huh?" she said, words colored by a thick German accent. "I can see you're busy regretting life choices, but can I bother you for some food. I'll even pay."
    "Regret... no. That would require being able to choose one's fate." Rising to her feet, Nancy exhausted her last cigarette. Crouching down, she took a moment to collect every single one of her cigarette butts and deposit them into the nearby trash can, "Don't mess with Texas..." She muttered, referring to the anti-littering road sign a little ways from the bus stop.

    Walking in, Nancy's blackened, shriveled soul groaned a bit as she saw the amount of people within. Lenny, his face red and patience worn then, quickly shouted out, "Nancy! You some orders! Cook all the eggs and bacon in the freezer." The absurdity struck her like the dying twitch of an animal and she began to croak out, "But it's one twen--... oh..." Midway through her complaint, her tired eyes fell upon the sign that stated [Breakfast All Day!]. "All riiight" She said with a sigh, her monotone thick as she prepped the stove top.

  8. #38
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Walking in, Nancy's blackened, shriveled soul groaned a bit as she saw the amount of people within. Lenny, his face red and patience worn then, quickly shouted out, "Nancy! You some orders! Cook all the eggs and bacon in the freezer." The absurdity struck her like the dying twitch of an animal and she began to croak out, "But it's one twen--... oh..." Midway through her complaint, her tired eyes fell upon the sign that stated [Breakfast All Day!]. "All riiight" She said with a sigh, her monotone thick as she prepped the stove top.
    "Can I get another stack of jacks in the back, please?"

    Not even half an instant after the stove top began to heat up could a cheerful voice be heard from the furthermost table, its owner currently hidden behind a veritable mountain range of plates.

    "As well as something good for the pair of grumbling stomachs I heard a while ago, on me."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

  9. #39
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Regret... no. That would require being able to choose one's fate." Rising to her feet, Nancy exhausted her last cigarette. Crouching down, she took a moment to collect every single one of her cigarette butts and deposit them into the nearby trash can, "Don't mess with Texas..." She muttered, referring to the anti-littering road sign a little ways from the bus stop.

    Walking in, Nancy's blackened, shriveled soul groaned a bit as she saw the amount of people within. Lenny, his face red and patience worn then, quickly shouted out, "Nancy! You some orders! Cook all the eggs and bacon in the freezer." The absurdity struck her like the dying twitch of an animal and she began to croak out, "But it's one twen--... oh..." Midway through her complaint, her tired eyes fell upon the sign that stated [Breakfast All Day!]. "All riiight" She said with a sigh, her monotone thick as she prepped the stove top.
    Sandra eyed the morose woman out of her peripheral. Twin streams of smoke blew out of her nostrils before she responded. "Sucks when life takes a piss on you, doesn't it?" She shrugged and dropped the stub to the ground. Stomping out the ashes with her heel, she picked it and its predecessor up and tossed them in the trash. "Don't mess with Texas!" she mimicked, offering Nancy's back a lazy salute.

    The door to the truck stop closed by the time she picked up her dufflebag. It swung open again abruptly to allow her entrance. "Maybe now I can get a fucking sandwich," she muttered. She tossed her bag in a random booth and sat down against the wall so she could kick her feet up on the table.

    The cook, named Nancy, had a... fucking outrageous order to prepare. Every single egg and slice of bacon in the place. She assumed it was for everyone, but she figured these fucking Americans were too fat to bother sharing even a crumb with anyone else. Guess I won't be having an egg sandwich. Fucking prick. Ham it is, yippee. "Ham and cheese, Nancy, when you're done serving up for that prick," she called out. "All the eggs and bacon." She pulled out one of the two knives she had hidden on her person and started cleaning under her nails.

  10. #40
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "Can I get another stack of jacks in the back, please?"

    Not even half an instant after the stove top began to heat up could a cheerful voice be heard from the furthermost table, its owner currently hidden behind a veritable mountain range of plates.

    "As well as something good for the pair of grumbling stomachs I heard a while ago, on me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The cook, named Nancy, had a... fucking outrageous order to prepare. Every single egg and slice of bacon in the place. She assumed it was for everyone, but she figured these fucking Americans were too fat to bother sharing even a crumb with anyone else. Guess I won't be having an egg sandwich. Fucking prick. Ham it is, yippee. "Ham and cheese, Nancy, when you're done serving up for that prick," she called out. "All the eggs and bacon." She pulled out one of the two knives she had hidden on her person and started cleaning under her nails.
    Nancy didn't say anything but they could feel it. Each request was a burden placed upon her fragile soul, straining her sanity to its very limits while she continued to crack more and more eggs, covering the stove top with an ocean of egg yolks.

  11. #41
    So very happy! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Jamie slowly trudged into the Junction Stop, t-shirt soaked with sweat, more of it trickling down her face. Summers in Texas were always a scorcher, which made a several-mile long walk an absolutely miserable experience. Of course, when the options were the walk or stay in a car with a several guys who were very vocal about their (negative) opinions on transgenders, one of whom was a little too touchy-feely on someone he didn't know was a transgender woman, the walk was far more appealing.

    But she'd made it to a place with a chair and cold water (and hopefully air-conditioning). She slowly over to a free seat and practically collapsed into it. Closing her eyes, Jamie went limp, gulping for air as she thanked the Gods she's went with shorts and a light-colored t-shirt for this trip.

    As she tried her best to begin lowering her body temperature, Jamie called out softly "Ma-may I have so-something cold to drink?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  12. #42
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie slowly trudged into the Junction Stop, t-shirt soaked with sweat, more of it trickling down her face. Summers in Texas were always a scorcher, which made a several-mile long walk an absolutely miserable experience. Of course, when the options were the walk or stay in a car with a several guys who were very vocal about their (negative) opinions on transgenders, one of whom was a little too touchy-feely on someone he didn't know was a transgender woman, the walk was far more appealing.

    But she'd made it to a place with a chair and cold water (and hopefully air-conditioning). She slowly over to a free seat and practically collapsed into it. Closing her eyes, Jamie went limp, gulping for air as she thanked the Gods she's went with shorts and a light-colored t-shirt for this trip.

    As she tried her best to begin lowering her body temperature, Jamie called out softly "Ma-may I have so-something cold to drink?"
    "Carla, get her a bottle of water."

    There appeared to be a switch in the elderly lady who moments ago was shrieking at Lenny but now radiated the wholesome aura of the familiar grandmother figure.

    "Oh my dear," She said, handing the girl the drink, "What ever happened to you to leave you like this?"

  13. #43
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I'm not offering to sell it to you. I'm offering to give it to you. Those who have food have a responsibility to feed the hungry." John replied. His tone betrayed no emotion, it was like he was reading out of a text book
    "Accepting food without compensation is no better then taking it by force....I have already impeded on the charity of others today and I..

    *Guuurrrrrlllll*

    "...I will not yield..."

    *GUURURRRRLLLL*

    Nothing but left over rations and animal meat for 3 weeks....and that was when she was lucky. The chicken looked far better then any of the meat she had eaten on the journey here, if a bit on the unhealthy side........and there was still no gaurretee this was not a trap of some kind.

    *GUUUUURRR~*

    Lucy took the chicken and reduced it to bone in mere seconds, in a fit of executed speed eating that came dreadfully close to taking the bone with it.

    Wiping a single bit of grease from the side of her lip, Lucy burped loudly and then cleared her throat. "I'll not accept this as a handout....just a down payment on future services."

    "Can I get another stack of jacks in the back, please?"

    Not even half an instant after the stove top began to heat up could a cheerful voice be heard from the furthermost table, its owner currently hidden behind a veritable mountain range of plates.

    "As well as something good for the pair of grumbling stomachs I heard a while ago, on me."
    Nancy didn't say anything but they could feel it. Each request was a burden placed upon her fragile soul, straining her sanity to its very limits while she continued to crack more and more eggs, covering the stove top with an ocean of egg yolks.
    Lucy waved her hands in displeasure. "No its fine....I really shouldn't..." The smell of eggs and bacon hit her like a semi. "....I really...uhh....what a bother..."

  14. #44
    So very happy! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Carla, get her a bottle of water."

    There appeared to be a switch in the elderly lady who moments ago was shrieking at Lenny but now radiated the wholesome aura of the familiar grandmother figure.

    "Oh my dear," She said, handing the girl the drink, "What ever happened to you to leave you like this?"
    Sipping carefully from the bottle so as to not cause her body to go into shock, Jamie sighed in near-ecstasy at the feeling of the cold water going down her throat as she answered "Thank you ma'am, I really appreciate this."

    After a few more sips from the bottle, Jamie answered her by saying "I was on my way to a funeral and will-reading, and decided to save money from the airport by sharing a ride with some strangers. Unfortunately, I didn't really know the strangers, and they were a group of people with... bad opinions, and one of them got a little too touchy-feely for comfort. So after a while, I decided it was better to walk through several miles through a Texas summer than stay in that car."

    "If you don't mind me asking, you wouldn't happen to know if there's any way to get the Joestar mansion, would you?" Jamie asked.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  15. #45
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Sipping carefully from the bottle so as to not cause her body to go into shock, Jamie sighed in near-ecstasy at the feeling of the cold water going down her throat as she answered "Thank you ma'am, I really appreciate this."

    After a few more sips from the bottle, Jamie answered her by saying "I was on my way to a funeral and will-reading, and decided to save money from the airport by sharing a ride with some strangers. Unfortunately, I didn't really know the strangers, and they were a group of people with... bad opinions, and one of them got a little too touchy-feely for comfort. So after a while, I decided it was better to walk through several miles through a Texas summer than stay in that car."

    "If you don't mind me asking, you wouldn't happen to know if there's any way to get the Joestar mansion, would you?" Jamie asked.
    On one hand, Carla could understand why Jamie would rather walk, although it was pretty foolish to hike several miles in 107 (42įC) degree weather.

    "I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much. If you're heading to the Joestar mansion, then you're at the right place... I suppose." Apparently, there had been some organizing if all of them had arrived here, but she definitely didn't want anything to do with their travel agent, "Many of the folk here are here for the same."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •