Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Overlord

"S-Susan..." came the reply. Following the track of her view, she caught part of the view outside the window and...

...just how long had they gone off road?!

"...the minger'd said he'd done well without a map, but this~!"

And so, when she'd been asked to offer the window seat, Suzie nodded silently, and dipped into the aisle. It was starting to get difficult to breathe, besides, as if her heart were drumming on the inside of her ribcage.
    As Suzie made her way out in the hall, Lucy moved to that the woman would have a clear path to the front....and mentally made sure everything was ready for her move as well.

...Yet it seemed it was too little too late.

Clad in a neck pillow, eye mask, ear muffs, and clutching a bottle of motion sickness pills, Jinny would find that Debra had long since checked out mentally, leaving her bodyguard to watch over her. As for Toby, she would find the privacy door was locked and impossible to get through.

"This is yer capt'n speakin'," From the intercom came Toby's voice, calm and collected despite their current location, "It is my extreme pleasure to inform y'all than you won't be makin' it to the readin'. Nothin' personal, but my employer doesn't need a bunch of runts messin' up their carefully laid plans."

"About time, old man," Came that same voice from the rear seat. This time, however, they could identify the speaker as the scrawny hoodie-wearing one of the two and more importantly, while his left hand was holding the punkish man's hand, his right held aloft a pistol.
    Lucy slowed, glancing backwards at the weapon drawn.

"....Susan...." she whispered quietly. "......get ready to move to the front.....I'll cover you."

Lucy put a free hand on the womans back and gave the the close approximation of a reassuring smile.(deadpan smirk)

A gunshot rang out and the cigarette was torn in half, a nearby window cracked by the bullet which barely seemed to penetrate the glass.

"Jesus, woman!" Flors called out, "George has asthma for fucks sake!"
    Immediately she swiveled back and glued her head to the backrest, drawing her feet up and falling into her knees as she clammed up.

--what are we going to do we're in the middle of nowhere on a bus driven by a psychotic tosser why am I here what do they want what was it Joestar got himself into I'll just say they're mistaken it's not like he was really my father but the letter they already know where I lived which means they were in on this the whole time for how long since before the course of fever why did I book this flight I'm going to die for no bloody reason for a scam I should have never left Dover--!!

Her eyelids stretched around the edge of her sockets, and her black nails dug into the armrests as she tensed up and froze, her heart trying to beat its way out of her chest as she strained to dart her eyes around at the cab for...something, at complete odds with trying to stay stock still, as a strange, deflated whimper escaped her.
    A shot rang out....and for a moment Lucy wasn't sure if anyone had been hit....

But the girl she had been sitting with immediately fell back into her seat and froze, she wasn't sure what the seat was made of but it wouldn't offer much it terms of protection. It was better cover then nothing though....

Without another moment to waste she applied a little pressure to the object that lay concealed at her feet...and then flicked it backwards with the heel of her foot. The metallic cylinder rolled underneath the seat, entering with an obvious grating roll on the floor in front of the gunman.

In her head, she counted down from 5, then spun her guitar case up to shield herself from what came next...just in time for the flash bang to detonate on the ground.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 01-15-2021 at 07:55 PM.