Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Once sedated, the doctor begins the process of removing the bullets from Boris' leg. Despite the prolonged aggravation since the wounds were inflicted, the operation seems to go off without a hitch. Boris was lucky to be a durable as he was, the doctor would later state in debriefing the man. Those gunshots could have easier crippled the limb, but this time he got away with mere flesh wounds. Prescribed antibiotics and plenty of rest, Boris would be given the option of crutches or a wheelchair for movement, as the staff were quite persistent that he keep any weight off of the limb.

Most, fortunately, was the fact that he wouldn't be subjected to the old USA's health care system. His inheritance might have covered it.

Released from the staff's care, Boris would be left to either wait for the others who had accompanied him there, head into town, or go to the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie frowned as she listened to Suzie before answering "You have apoint, but I still don't think that's a healthy way of living. You should get some sleep as soon as you possibly can."

Watching the dog head toward the hospital's entrance, Jamie sped up as she said "Come on Suzie, let's hurry! We can't let that dog get a lead in the hospital, or else it'll be near-impossible to find it again!"
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...well I'd hardly need a professional opinion to square that away," Suzie mumbled. Had she any real choice in the matter, she'd have checked in at the local motel posthaste, but the dangers, potential and incidental alike, surrounding the Joestars had more than spoken for themselves under the circumstances.

And now there were these things in the ether. Best be awares of that as well...

So...what was the dog after, anyways?

"...I don't quite believe he wants to get a lead," she said, "I've a hunch he was looking for help."

After all, he'd sped off until he found them, then dashed off. He was a big Rottie, and that seemed to be enough to put most everyone in town off.

"Off-leash, perhaps he's something of a pack-leader, like?" Suzie mused, her spacy thought bleeding into her speech. As she and Jamie closed in near the entrance, she pursed her dark lips to a soft whistle.

"Aye, boy," she called out, "What're you after, mate?"
    Like a wrecking ball, the hound bounded into the hospital, prompting shouts of surprise as the beast zigged zagged through the waiting room.

Suzie and Jamie, once caught up, would find the rottweiler in front of the elevator, whining loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra stepped inside the Cattail Grill and took a deep breath. The smell of hot grease, grilling meats, and cold booze. Ah! What a delightful aroma. Her stomach started rumbling with anticipation of sinking her teeth into some grade A meat.

"Rack of ribs, medium rare. And a bourbon," she answered as she sat down next to Miguel.
    "You got it," The barkeep replied, placing a dram of Kentucky bourbon before her, turning to refill Vivian's own whisky before heading back to the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "WOahoooo, are you fuckin' kidding me?" Miguel whistled at the plentiful amount of burger steaming on the plate before him. "They don't really mess around in Texas do they? This looks great, man!"
    "Texans run off beef so to do cook less than great would be disrespecting the cattle." The barkeep said at the threshold of the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In the moment the Tomahawk was carted out, Miguel was forgotten. "M E A T."

Vivian gave the man as much money as she had, and then came the sounds of grisly mastication.
    The cowbell jangled as another patron stepped in, the barkeep moving to greet them, only to recognize this one, "Ugh... you again."

"So rude," The newcomer, a woman with a thick European accent, retorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The cowbell jangled as another patron stepped in, the barkeep moving to greet them, only to recognize this one, "Ugh... you again."

"Lady be nice, this man provides quality steak." Vivian commented, wiping her mouth. "Such artisans must be respected."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Lady be nice, this man provides quality steak." Vivian commented, wiping her mouth. "Such artisans must be respected."
    Vivian would find her words muted after "...be nice", or at least decreased to the volume of a faint whisper.

Unlike what she had encountered on the tour bus, the source of this was quite familiar: magic.

"Hush yourself," She replied, "You should focus on your food and not pry into others' businesses."

Extraordinary Member

John's quick thinking would save his jaw some pain as the can of hairspray he produced was at the right place and the right time to intercept the impact of whatever was attacking them. The sheer force would knock it out of his hands, launching it straight into a nearby wall where it would crack open, spinning rapidly on the floor as its contents were violently expended.

This would give him enough time to scramble over to Jinny.

[Jinny WIL:01, PER:00]
    As Jinny struggled to regain her standing, she finds that she cannot see anything, but her body is screaming at her as if it knows something she doesn't. Despite herself, Jinny finds that her body is acting strangely as her heartbeat quickens and her skin grows flush.

"Are either of you familiar with the human acute stress response?" The girl asked, before tapping her head, "It all begins in the amygdala, yanno?"
    [John WIL:01, PER:01
    As the girl speaks, John is once again able to catch a glimpse of something. Roughly the same size of the child, the shadowy haze was animalistic.
    Human Acute stress Response. The Human body produces increased levels of cortisol and Adrenaline, resulting in an increased heart rate, quickened breathing, and higher blood pressure.

John could see the physical signs of a quickened heart rate in Jinny. Did that mean that this unknown assailant had some ability to induce one at will?

Like a wrecking ball, the hound bounded into the hospital, prompting shouts of surprise as the beast zigged zagged through the waiting room.

Suzie and Jamie, once caught up, would find the rottweiler in front of the elevator, whining loudly.
    It wouldn't take overly long to find out where the Rottie was going. Suzie dabbed her forehead with the back of her hand, puffing as they chased after him. A yelp and a shriek there, they were so concerned about the way he was going, but they hadn't considered why?

Once they'd found the little black wrecking ball changed to a whining heap in front of the main lift, the sight was quite a change.

Suzie lift her eyes to see if there were floor numbers. "It's a small hospital, innit," she said to Jamie, "All the same we mustn't cause too much more of a clatter, right?"

Slowly, she ventured one step towards the dog. Then another.
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-31-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Vivian would find her words muted after "...be nice", or at least decreased to the volume of a faint whisper.

Unlike what she had encountered on the tour bus, the source of this was quite familiar: magic.

"Hush yourself," She replied, "You should focus on your food and not pry into others' businesses."
    Vivian twitched, before exhaling slowly. "Food's gone, and you walked into my place of Zen." Another mage or not, this bitch wasn't gonna get any courtesy after that lame ass stunt. "How 'bout you leave before I actually start prying?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

John's quick thinking would save his jaw some pain as the can of hairspray he produced was at the right place and the right time to intercept the impact of whatever was attacking them. The sheer force would knock it out of his hands, launching it straight into a nearby wall where it would crack open, spinning rapidly on the floor as its contents were violently expended.

This would give him enough time to scramble over to Jinny.

[Jinny WIL:01, PER:00]
    As Jinny struggled to regain her standing, she finds that she cannot see anything, but her body is screaming at her as if it knows something she doesn't. Despite herself, Jinny finds that her body is acting strangely as her heartbeat quickens and her skin grows flush.

"Are either of you familiar with the human acute stress response?" The girl asked, before tapping her head, "It all begins in the amygdala, yanno?"
    [John WIL:01, PER:01
    As the girl speaks, John is once again able to catch a glimpse of something. Roughly the same size of the child, the shadowy haze was animalistic.
    Jinny does something, unexpected? Reaching into her travel bag, still draped across her body, she pulls out a sketch pad and an art pencil. Looking at the girl, she begins sketching wildly, drawing her, not as she looks but as Jinny saw her in her mind's eye. Drawing on the unnatural stress her body was feeling, she channeled it into action. She channeled it into her art.

As she worked, her heart rate sped up, then began to slow down, her mind fighting to regain control.

The image that was emerging was not of one child, but of two.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"You got it," The barkeep replied, placing a dram of Kentucky bourbon before her, turning to refill Vivian's own whisky before heading back to the kitchen.

"Texans run off beef so to do cook less than great would be disrespecting the cattle." The barkeep said at the threshold of the kitchen.

"Aw hell yeah." Sandra picked up the glass of bourbon and downed it in one gulp. It burned, but it was the good kind that could only be created by hard liquor. "Fuck yeah, that's the shit."

Vivian twitched, before exhaling slowly. "Food's gone, and you walked into my place of Zen." Another mage or not, this bitch wasn't gonna get any courtesy after that lame ass stunt. "How 'bout you leave before I actually start prying?"
    She noticed the strange woman walk in and immediately start shit with both Vivian and the barkeeper. She raised an eyebrow, but kept quiet. She also kept her eye on this stranger. Whoever she was, the last thing Sandra wanted was more weird shit happening so soon after Toby Keith nearly killed them all... for some reason.

She gestured for a refill and gave the woman another glance.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It wouldn't take overly long to find out where the Rottie was going. Suzie dabbed her forehead with the back of her hand, puffing as they chased after him. A yelp and a shriek there, they were so concerned about the way he was going, but they hadn't considered why?

Once they'd found the little black wrecking ball changed to a whining heap in front of the main lift, the sight was quite a change.

Suzie lift her eyes to see if there were floor numbers. "It's a small hospital, innit," she said to Jamie, "All the same we mustn't cause too much more of a clatter, right?"

With a nod, Jamie followed Suzie's lead, slowly moving toward the dog, one careful step at a time, hoping not to cause the agitated dog to attack or cause a ruckus.

"It's OK boy. We don't want to hurt you." Jamie said soothingly as she continued her slow walk toward the whining dog.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Huh, no kidding!" Miguel noted, taking a bite with a hearty chomp. "This burger's jammed packed with flavor! Grilled to perfection!"

"I dunno..." Miguel shrugged, taking the last few bites of his burger. "I don't see the point in pickin' fights with random strangers." He turned to the woman who had entered the grill. "Sorry 'bout that, maam! She says the first thing that comes to mind, you see! Consider it rude, if you must, but it's just her nature!" he shrugged jovially, wiping his face clean.

"

"Knock it off!" The bear-like grunt of the barkeep resonated through the grill like a thunderbolt, "I'll kick both of you out if you start this pissing contest."

The woman merely shrugged and took a seat at a corner booth.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I dunno..." Miguel shrugged, taking the last few bites of his burger. "I don't see the point in pickin' fights with random strangers." He turned to the woman who had entered the grill. "Sorry 'bout that, maam! She says the first thing that comes to mind, you see! Consider it rude, if you must, but it's just her nature!" he shrugged jovially, wiping his face clean.
    "You must not be from around here," The woman said, "It seems me and "Southern Hospitality" don't get along."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jinny does something, unexpected? Reaching into her travel bag, still draped across her body, she pulls out a sketch pad and an art pencil. Looking at the girl, she begins sketching wildly, drawing her, not as she looks but as Jinny saw her in her mind's eye. Drawing on the unnatural stress her body was feeling, she channeled it into action. She channeled it into her art.

As she worked, her heart rate sped up, then began to slow down, her mind fighting to regain control.
    [Jinny: WIL 01]
    Despite her attempts to reset her heart rate, panic was starting to set in, reflecting itself as her art was rushed and sloppy compared to her usual results.

"Do you know why your blood pressure rises? It's a reaction to overwhelming stress, the increased blood circulation triggers the production of blood sugar in order to give you the boost of energy you'll need to either flee from danger or fight for survival. The question is..."

Making a finger gun, the child pointed the "barrel" at Jinny.

"... which will you pick? It's always so interesting to see the results."

By this point, Jinny's heart was beating like a hammer in the forge upon a piece of steel and the veins in her head started to throb. Her body was screaming that she had to choose. [Would she stay and fight or leave in flight?]
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 02-01-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    With a nod, Jamie followed Suzie's lead, slowly moving toward the dog, one careful step at a time, hoping not to cause the agitated dog to attack or cause a ruckus.

"It's OK boy. We don't want to hurt you." Jamie said soothingly as she continued her slow walk toward the whining dog.
    Initially, the dog tensed up, a low growl rumbling from his chest, however, he eventually relaxed.

Not relaxed for either to attempt a pet, but enough to turn back to the elevator and paw at the door.