Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Can she be hurt by her own shocks?"
    "I don't think so."

OOC: Sorry, I'm not feeling so great myself right now. Jcogginsa, feel free to take over. Jinny will keep her Stand active, though John should have some temp immunity to the full effects.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I don't think so."

OOC: Sorry, I'm not feeling so great myself right now. Jcogginsa, feel free to take over. Jinny will keep her Stand active, though John should have some temp immunity to the full effects.
    "Well, Maybe if you distract her, I could hit her in the head with something?"

OOC: Take Over?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Well, Maybe if you distract her, I could hit her in the head with something?"

OOC: Take Over?
    Jinny nods, "I'll do what I can. I think she might not see you...? I'm not sure how this works, so be careful."

OOC: Yeah, Jinny has John's back. I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning, then I can respond better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Jinny nods, "I'll do what I can. I think she might not see you...? I'm not sure how this works, so be careful."

OOC: Yeah, Jinny has John's back. I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning, then I can respond better.
    "Gotcha." John replied, before scanning the area, looking for something he could pick up and use as a weapon

In the waiting room, Boris looks up at the ceiling. ( I'm getting bored, maybe I should have a look around this hospital?) Boris thought.

Boris decides to have a look around the hospital.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    It was certainly an odd sight. Miguel didn't quite know what to make of it. Was it the word of the day? "What is this, Sesame Street...?" he questioned, scratching his head. He turned to look at Cassandra. "So...okay," he got back to his feet. "What...what does this 「Stand」 thing do? Does it have anything to do with Night Fever?"
    She shrugged, "Dunno."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A chill went up her spine. The old man at the shop didn't see the bus going up the building, but this man did? Before, she hadn't had the chance to give it much thought beyond considering it odd that no one mentioned seeing something so uncanny. Hearing that the barkeep did see the bus go up the building made her revisit it. Okay, so, I know that the bus went up the building, as do the rest of my "siblings". This guy does, too. No one else does. That means... what? Why did we see it, but no one else did?

"Up a building? Now I know you're fuckin' with me." She shook her head with feigned disbelief. "Did anyone else see this or are you the only "lucky" one?"
    "So far, I haven't heard anyone else mention," He thought for a moment, before correcting himself, "Weathermaker might have, but his wife got hospitalized from the incident, so we haven't really compared note."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian cussed under her breath. "Lady, you really shouldn't be doing that." She spun in her chair toward the woman, and lit another cigarette.

"Last thing any of us here need, is you doing that."
    Cassandra laughed, "Silly gâscă, do you think your magic will be enough? You make one man a bou and you grow smug... but you'll figure it out. Besides, Miguel is the last I do this to."

"You don't even know what you're fucking with, lady. Brilliant." Vivian took a long drag, and blew her smoke up toward the ceiling.

"It worked once, that's enough. Don't need a blowhard psychic with a lil' Cajun spice, who spends her time poking vipers, telling me what I need."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "So far, I haven't heard anyone else mention," He thought for a moment, before correcting himself, "Weathermaker might have, but his wife got hospitalized from the incident, so we haven't really compared note."
    Weathermaker. She committed that name to memory, as well as the fact that he was in the hospital seeing after his injured wife. "So, I take it he had the same freaky shit done to him?"

She took a draw of her cigarette. "Magic bitches, buses that drive up walls, lotta crazy shit in this town." And that was just today.

She turned her attention toward Vivian, who was flipping out about... something. "The fuck's your problem?" she asked her "sister".
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You don't even know what you're fucking with, lady. Brilliant." Vivian took a long drag, and blew her smoke up toward the ceiling.

"It worked once, that's enough. Don't need a blowhard psychic with a lil' Cajun spice, who spends her time poking vipers, telling me what I need."
    "Scroafă must be deaf," Cassandra muttered to herself, "I don't need some ignorant little girl who can't even tell the difference between Romanian and Cajun telling me what I should do, so that makes us even."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Weathermaker. She committed that name to memory, as well as the fact that he was in the hospital seeing after his injured wife. "So, I take it he had the same freaky shit done to him?"

She took a draw of her cigarette. "Magic bitches, buses that drive up walls, lotta crazy shit in this town." And that was just today.

She turned her attention toward Vivian, who was flipping out about... something. "The fuck's your problem?" she asked her "sister".
    "I suspect she is... how do you say, "jelly"? Witches are a prideful bunch."

She shrugged, "Dunno."
    "Great..." Miguel sighed, looking back at 「ALL CAPS」 holding the word...THE over it's head. "...this. I need to sit back down and think..." Miguel wandered back to his seat, and clutching his head.

Cassandra laughed, "Silly gâscă, do you think your magic will be enough? You make one man a bou and you grow smug... but you'll figure it out. Besides, Miguel is the last I do this to."

"Poking vipers?" Miguel questioned, his eyes wandering as 「ALL CAPS」 motioned it's hands and the word VIPERS was drawn from Vivian into it's clutches. "..."

"...Anyway, do you know somethin' we don't?" he questioned Vivian. "More importantly for right now, can you see this thing?!" he asked, his thumb pointing back at the spectral figure behind him.

A liquid wall grows out from the murkiness of the melted, greyscale corridor. As it does, it appears to catch the some of the electricity and send it back towards the girl.

Jinny is still there, but unseen within this artscape.
    The electricity does little to nothing, prompting the girl to smile, "You're learning but not fast enough."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie stared into the ink blot darkness fearfully, reaching into her bag and retrieving her tire thumper again. Gripping the handle as a source of comfort, she began carefully walking into the darkness behind the dog, looking for anything that could be a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The big Rottie was the first to cross the threshold, followed by Jamie...but in this dread atmosphere, there was the same shift in Lucy's disposition that came over her once the hooligan on the bus began to make his threats. This time, however, she'd brought her arms out to bear.

She'd heard some tell about the old American sentiment. Good old legends about the citizen-soldier at the heart of it. Fearlessly independent, and yet ferociously patriotic.

It was quite different seeing a carbine folded out in full rather than cloistered in a guitar case, unused, and it visibly made Suzie uneasy. "...suppose we haven't much choice in the matter, do we," she groaned, swallowing a lump.

Stepping off the lift, she neatly set her roller outside near the button panel. Her younger half-sister certainly had a knack for sussing out dangerous situations, operative from top to bottom. Suzie herself, however, was significantly less self-assured. Not only had the journey to the Lone Star State been fraught with conspiratorial danger, it seemed to follow with certain peculiar and menacing spirits.

Of course, the whole time「Jigsaw Feeling」had hovered relentlessly by her side. She'd rather not engage, but if this was anything like the shades that followed George bloke and carried Toby Keith, she supposed it would be better to have more allies rather than none.

And so, moving into the shadows, she flanked the dog on the other side.

"...lead on, mate," she said. Her brave face was thin as white paper. "We'll get you where you need to be."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....Stay back..." Lucy held her hand out to block the two with her from advancing, darting her eyes back and forth to access the melting reality that lay just beyond the elevator door. Had the dog led them here specifically for what was happening? For his part...he was advancing slowly beyond the threshold, obviously hostile to something just beyond.

Could it be....

"....This is the work of an enemy ghost..." Lucy muttered in Suzies direction, assured at least she would understand the meaning.

Swiftly she swung her case out and armed herself....and act that may not have been a surprise to Suzie....but to Jamie, perhaps more bizarre then the room beyond was her sister shouldering a automatic weapon and assuming a low stance as she advanced into the hallway beyond.

"I said stay ba..." Lucy shot a glance back at the girl, tire thumper in hand, then turned her attention forward again. "....Suzie, keep an eye on her...."
    "What's this? Reenforcements?"

The girl turned, peering into the inky darkness. A small gasp left her lips, "Can it be?"

Lunging forth like a grasshopper, the girl would nearly fall vertically upon Lucy, her hands gripping each side of the latter's face.

"~I found you, little Lucy~"

The girl's voice and appearance would trigger deep-seated memories within Lucy. Brutality, terror, pain; the one atop her encapsulated these and much more. In response, something within her clicked and a being more eldritch than heavenly manifested.
    Lucy recognized it as the ghost who had always been watching her.

"The doctor's going to be so happy to hear--"

Emerging from the darkness came the rottweiler, biting down on the distracted girl's arm. Despite this, the girl laughed, even as teeth broke through skin, "Oh, how careless of me. Let my guard down..."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    In the waiting room, Boris looks up at the ceiling. ( I'm getting bored, maybe I should have a look around this hospital?) Boris thought.

Boris decides to have a look around the hospital.
    Exploring the first level of the hospital provided little excitement, although Boris could see the number of people injured by the tour bus had been quite sizeable. Twenty or more people were still waiting for treatment.

There, of course, was the elevator that Suzie, Jamie, and Lucy had taken earlier, and the waiting room's coffee and tea bar was still fully stocked.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Scroafă must be deaf," Cassandra muttered to herself, "I don't need some ignorant little girl who can't even tell the difference between Romanian and Cajun telling me what I should do, so that makes us even."

"Jealous of what? What did you even do?" As far as Sandra knew, she just sat down and started talking, at which point Vivian started popping off a minute later. She had been bitching ever since.

She could only assume, based on what she told Miguel, that nerds could sense another nerd's nerdiness and could compare that to their own. Cassandra must have been a bigger nerd than Vivian, and that had her knickers in a twist. "Tch. Fuckin' nerds."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"What's this? Reenforcements?"

The girl turned, peering into the inky darkness. A small gasp left her lips, "Can it be?"

Lunging forth like a grasshopper, the girl would nearly fall vertically upon Lucy, her hands gripping each side of the latter's face.

"~I found you, little Lucy~"

The girl's voice and appearance would trigger deep-seated memories within Lucy. Brutality, terror, pain; the one atop her encapsulated these and much more. In response, something within her clicked and a being more eldritch than heavenly manifested.

Lucy recognized it as the ghost who had always been watching her.

"The doctor's going to be so happy to hear--"

Emerging from the darkness came the rottweiler, biting down on the distracted girl's arm. Despite this, the girl laughed, even as teeth broke through skin, "Oh, how careless of me. Let my guard down..."
    Jamie almost swung at the girl as she started to charge, but stopped herself as she watched her get close and grab hold of her face, talking to her like she knew her and spoke of a doctor.

Then the dog they'd been following bit her arm, and her first instinct was to reprimand the Rottweiler and order him to release the girl... But then remembered Toby Keith, George, and Flors and her hand tightened on her tire thumper.

"W-who are you, how do you know Lucy, who is this doctor you speak of, and are you the reason behind what's going on in this hall?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Difference is irrelevant, lady. You're about as intelligent as bayou muck." Vivian said with a sigh.

"Keep it, enough trouble dealing with my own demons. Don't want new ones."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan