Page 47 of 108 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Seeing Jinny stumbling along and wincing, Jamie moved over to her in concern and asked "Are you OK Jinny? I think you need to sit down for a moment and let me check you out."

"I'm fine. And I'll try... But Jinny needs help too and I'm not sure I could do anything to help Clutch even if I were a veterinarian." Jamie explained, turning from Jinny momentarily to look toward the body of Clutch.

Jamie could only stare in shock as Clutch, whom had just been lying on the ground with a massive hole punched through his body, got up, the wound in his side healing itself as he coughed up blood and chunks of flesh before moving to the doorway of Room 214, where a plain man stood looking at them.

"Ummm... Hello." Jamie greeted the man awkwardly, before turning back to look after Jinny.
    Looking at Jamie, Jinny smiled slightly then slid down to the floor, her left arm still dangling limply, she used her right arm to move it over her lap as she leaned against the wall. As she did, she felt tenderness in her abdomen. "Thank you." she spoke softly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Try it and you will die," Hironobu said quite casually.
    Vivian blinked.

"Yea, s'about what I figured." A puff of cigarette smoke offered in the kid's direction, the woman sighed. "Never should've crept down from Salem-way."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking at Jamie, Jinny smiled slightly then slid down to the floor, her left arm still dangling limply, she used her right arm to move it over her lap as she leaned against the wall. As she did, she felt tenderness in her abdomen. "Thank you." she spoke softly.
    "How do you feel, Jinny? I see your left arm is injured. Let me see if it's broken or not, but either way we should probably take you down and get you signed into the hospital." Jamie said, reaching out and gently touching the left arm, watching Jinny for any reactions as she did so.

As she did so, Jamie asked "How is your abdomen?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"How do you feel, Jinny? I see your left arm is injured. Let me see if it's broken or not, but either way we should probably take you down and get you signed into the hospital." Jamie said, reaching out and gently touching the left arm, watching Jinny for any reactions as she did so.

As she did so, Jamie asked "How is your abdomen?"
    "I don't think I can move my left arm, my shoulder, it hurts too much." Jinny winced as she spoke, "My abdomen, it hurts too, I don't know why. I think it's bruised."

"Try it and you will die," Hironobu said quite casually

"As I said, that is all that needs to be said until the reading," He replied, taking another sip of his salted water.
    "Threats aside, what's the plan now?" Miguel. "Just chill and wait for everybody to get here?"

Aside from those heading to the hospital maybe, the others probably wouldn't take that long. Whatever this guy's deal is, hopefully their next mode of transportation would be less...hazardous.

"I don't think I can move my left arm, my shoulder, it hurts too much." Jinny winced as she spoke, "My abdomen, it hurts too, I don't know why. I think it's bruised."
    Jamie sighed as she said "Well, it seems that we'll be staying here longer while the doctors give you a full check-out to make sure the shoulder isn't broken and give you a proper sling."

Jamie reached down, gently pulling at Jinny's shirt to reveal her stomach so Jamie could get a look at it to make sure it's just bruised. As she did so Jamie said "Unfortunately, there isn't much they can do for a bruised stomach, so you'll just have to deal with the pain until it gets better."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie sighed as she said "Well, it seems that we'll be staying here longer while the doctors give you a full check-out to make sure the shoulder isn't broken and give you a proper sling."

Jamie reached down, gently pulling at Jinny's shirt to reveal her stomach so Jamie could get a look at it to make sure it's just bruised. As she did so Jamie said "Unfortunately, there isn't much they can do for a bruised stomach, so you'll just have to deal with the pain until it gets better."
    Jinny nodded, "Might as well help me up, I'll have to find a doctor around here somewhere." Leaning in her right arm, Jinny tried to push herself back up, with a lot of difficulty.

Jinny nodded, "Might as well help me up, I'll have to find a doctor around here somewhere." Leaning in her right arm, Jinny tried to push herself back up, with a lot of difficulty.
    Moving over to Jinny's right side, Jamie hooked her arms around her right arm, gently helping her to her feet as she said "Easy Jinny. Careful now. Don't rush yourself, or you might hurt yourself more."
    - C.S. Lewis

Moving over to Jinny's right side, Jamie hooked her arms around her right arm, gently helping her to her feet as she said "Easy Jinny. Careful now. Don't rush yourself, or you might hurt yourself more."

"Thanks. I think I can stand on my own now." She carefully removed her arm from around Jamie and made sure she was steady, "Before looking for a doctor, I want to check on the people in that room," Jinny looked over at room 214, "This all started when John and I came here to talk to them." Jinny placed her right hand on Jamie's shoulder to stead herself, "Maybe someone in there knows what this was all about."

"Thanks. I think I can stand on my own now." She carefully removed her arm from around Jamie and made sure she was steady, "Before looking for a doctor, I want to check on the people in that room," Jinny looked over at room 214, "This all started when John and I came here to talk to them." Jinny placed her right hand on Jamie's shoulder to stead herself, "Maybe someone in there knows what this was all about."
    Letting Jinny steady herself on her shoulder, Jamie nodded as she said "Maybe. I have to admit, I would like to know about the girl with fangs and the invisible electrical being. And how exactly Clutch managed to almost instantly heal from the invisible thing apparently punching straight though its chest that should have, by all rights, killed him."

Once Jinny was steady, Jamie began walking slowly toward Room 214, making sure that her injured half-sister could keep steady with her shoulder.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Lucy's assailant had stolen down the winding halls of the hospital. Certainly after all she'd done and all the harm that daft ape had caused, they couldn't well consider this matter settled. Not yet. But for right now, she would follow the light. Not looking forward to this...but it's really the least I can do, considering.

Moving to Room 214 on the ward, she knocked on the open door gingerly before peering inside.

"...is everything alright in there?"
    Taking a moment to regain her breathing in the aftermath, Lucy consider for a moment if she should pursue their attacker, it certainly seemed they had gained the upper hand....but she was nothing if not aware of the poor position they were in. they barely forced a retreat out of her and stood to gain little in a lengthy pursuit through the hospital.

For the moment it seemed more sound to take stock of their position and determine more of what her goal had been.

....Lucy turned to move towards 214, seeing Suzie already on her way to check herself.

The door to room 214 still open, a brief but shrill whistle could be heard. A moment or two passing, the body of the rottweiler jerked and the poor creature tried to breathe with a hole through his chest, thin spatterings of blood left on the floor.

Defying death itself, Clutch rose to all four paws and the wound that had sought to kill him began to fill with a green, viscous fluid. Once fully encased, the fluid hardened and within the fluid began to reconstruct organs, veins, and nerves that had been destroyed by the girl's companion. More hacking coughs came from the hound, ejecting more blood and chunks of dog flesh, but within minutes he was whole... or at least as whole as his situation would permit him.

Shaking off the grasp and death (and whatever water had lingered in his fur) the dog made his way to the doorway.

"Good boy, Clutch..."

Plain in appearance, the man was the same one Jinny had encountered in the waiting room, who now looked to them, "You don't look like O.S.S. ... who are you?"

In a series of Bizarre events, a new peak had been reached. At the call of who Lucy could only assume was its master, the dog had come back from the dead....though not comfortably.

Turning her attention to the owner and his query, her brain quickly flipped through her mental pagebook of peaceful interrogations.

"Apologies for the situation...." Lucy approached the man after putting away her weapon and offering her most neutral expression. "There was an attack in the hallway by an agent affiliated with a terrorist organization and we've reason to believe that they're goal was related to your room. Your dog....led us here, just in time it seems." Lucy looked down at the dog and smiled. "He is a good boy...."

Returning her attention to the man, Lucy shook her head. "Do you have any idea why someone would be targeting you Mister....?" She tilted her head.

Pointing down the hallway, where the strange girl made a run for it, "Looks like you're a little late. Come on, lets' join up with the others." Jinny then began to walk slowly down the hospital corridor towards where Jamie and the others were.
    Boris rolls beside Jinny.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The door to room 214 still open, a brief but shrill whistle could be heard. A moment or two passing, the body of the rottweiler jerked and the poor creature tried to breathe with a hole through his chest, thin spatterings of blood left on the floor.

Defying death itself, Clutch rose to all four paws and the wound that had sought to kill him began to fill with a green, viscous fluid. Once fully encased, the fluid hardened and within the fluid began to reconstruct organs, veins, and nerves that had been destroyed by the girl's companion. More hacking coughs came from the hound, ejecting more blood and chunks of dog flesh, but within minutes he was whole... or at least as whole as his situation would permit him.

Shaking off the grasp and death (and whatever water had lingered in his fur) the dog made his way to the doorway.

"Good boy, Clutch..."

Plain in appearance, the man was the same one Jinny had encountered in the waiting room, who now looked to them, "You don't look like O.S.S. ... who are you?"
    Seeing Jinny stumbling along and wincing, Jamie moved over to her in concern and asked "Are you OK Jinny? I think you need to sit down for a moment and let me check you out."

"I'm fine. And I'll try... But Jinny needs help too and I'm not sure I could do anything to help Clutch even if I were a veterinarian." Jamie explained, turning from Jinny momentarily to look toward the body of Clutch.

Jamie could only stare in shock as Clutch, whom had just been lying on the ground with a massive hole punched through his body, got up, the wound in his side healing itself as he coughed up blood and chunks of flesh before moving to the doorway of Room 214, where a plain man stood looking at them.

"Ummm... Hello." Jamie greeted the man awkwardly, before turning back to look after Jinny.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Taking a moment to regain her breathing in the aftermath, Lucy consider for a moment if she should pursue their attacker, it certainly seemed they had gained the upper hand....but she was nothing if not aware of the poor position they were in. they barely forced a retreat out of her and stood to gain little in a lengthy pursuit through the hospital.

For the moment it seemed more sound to take stock of their position and determine more of what her goal had been.

....Lucy turned to move towards 214, seeing Suzie already on her way to check herself.

In a series of Bizarre events, a new peak had been reached. At the call of who Lucy could only assume was its master, the dog had come back from the dead....though not comfortably.

Turning her attention to the owner and his query, her brain quickly flipped through her mental pagebook of peaceful interrogations.

"Apologies for the situation...." Lucy approached the man after putting away her weapon and offering her most neutral expression. "There was an attack in the hallway by an agent affiliated with a terrorist organization and we've reason to believe that they're goal was related to your room. Your dog....led us here, just in time it seems." Lucy looked down at the dog and smiled. "He is a good boy...."

Returning her attention to the man, Lucy shook her head. "Do you have any idea why someone would be targeting you Mister....?" She tilted her head.
    Having only been a few steps away, Jinny saw and overheard some of this.

Finding her own voice, "Excuse me," she tried to stand straighter, "My name is Jinny Wen, and I had seen you downstairs. I followed you up here out of concern, though I hadn't known that any of this might happen. I was hoping that you could shed some light on why you and your family were being targeted."

Having only been a few steps away, Jinny saw and overheard some of this.

Finding her own voice, "Excuse me," she tried to stand straighter, "My name is Jinny Wen, and I had seen you downstairs. I followed you up here out of concern, though I hadn't known that any of this might happen. I was hoping that you could shed some light on why you and your family were being targeted."
    "Aw piss..." The man muttered.

"That's a bad word, Daddy!" Came the cheerful voice of the man's son, who had seemingly materialized next to the rottweiler to furiously pet the hound, "Yeah yeah, I know, Buddy. Bring Clutch in and show your mom he's okay."

Dog and boy heading back into the room, the man deeply sighed, "So you're the one who brought that demon up here," He began, rubbing his forehead, "Thought I had managed to hide well enough, but if a random stranger managed to pick me out of a crowd, then I guess I hadn't planned well enough."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

"Yeah, because I used to work for them," He said, his tone resigned and defeated, "Left when my son contracted Night Fever and the O.S.S. set their sights on him. That thing is the closest thing they have for a "recruiter", I guess. Been stalking us since we left the desert and my wife getting caught up in that tour bus chase kept us here long enough for her to find us."

"Aw piss..." The man muttered.

"That's a bad word, Daddy!" Came the cheerful voice of the man's son, who had seemingly materialized next to the rottweiler to furiously pet the hound, "Yeah yeah, I know, Buddy. Bring Clutch in and show your mom he's okay."

Dog and boy heading back into the room, the man deeply sighed, "So you're the one who brought that demon up here," He began, rubbing his forehead, "Thought I had managed to hide well enough, but if a random stranger managed to pick me out of a crowd, then I guess I hadn't planned well enough."

"Yeah, because I used to work for them," He said, his tone resigned and defeated, "Left when my son contracted Night Fever and the O.S.S. set their sights on him. That thing is the closest thing they have for a "recruiter", I guess. Been stalking us since we left the desert and my wife getting caught up in that tour bus chase kept us here long enough for her to find us."
    From where she stood just inside the doorframe, Suzie's attention dart from the family gathering to the heaving Rottweiler that had miraculously picked himself up.

"...Clutch! But you-" she started, then stopped speaking immediately as the dog returned to the side of his young master.

A lengthy exhale deflated her as she leaned back against the hospital room wall, quite deflated, but with some measurable relief.

"...well, he's a right good boy, isn't he," she stammered.

It was nothing short of a grisly miracle. Thankfully, the worst of it must have happened outside...

Quietly she listened in on the story the father of the boy relaid to them. Again, a case of the Night Fever; and again, the attractant of malevolent ghosts, spirits, and the like. A 'recruiter'...just how long have things like this been going on...?

Periodically, she lift her fatigue-shadowed eyes to the door, intent on keeping watch. Even though the sun was bright from the window, the dark hall echoing with its clattering alarm was still foremost in her mind.

It was in this moment that a peculiar term struck out at her. It was bad enough being in the dark about one thing, so she supposed it couldn't hurt to ask.

"...beg pardon, the OSS?"