Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jinny's attention returned to the man in the doorway. She knew he was holding out, though she didn't begrudge him for it. Her gaze drifted off to the side where a splash of color on the wall moved slightly in response to her attention. Turning back to him, "You're referring to that strange little creature that she used to attack us? You did see it, right?"
    "No, I didn't," He replied, "Heard stories about it though."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "No, I didn't," He replied, "Heard stories about it though."
    Thinking back, she realized that she hadn't seen it herself until [Genesis] showed up. "But you know what it is?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"You mean to tell me you faced off against her without knowing what a Stand is?"
    Jamie blinked in confusion as she asked "What's a Stand? Are you talking about that invisible thing with the strange girl that could control electricity?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"You mean to tell me you faced off against her without knowing what a Stand is?"
    " Huh what the hell is a stand? Start making sense!" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Thinking back, she realized that she hadn't seen it herself until [Genesis] showed up. "But you know what it is?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie blinked in confusion as she asked "What's a Stand? Are you talking about that invisible thing with the strange girl that could control electricity?"
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Look, I ain't got time for this! Figure it out yourselves!"

Feeling pressured by the group's numbers, Sult chose to cut them off, shutting the door and with a click, locked it.

Feeling pressured by the group's numbers, Sult chose to cut them off, shutting the door and with a click, locked it.
    Her hand tightened slightly on Jamie's shoulder, "Lucy still has some explaining to do, but not here. Let's all go downstairs and find Debra," She then sighed, "and maybe I'll find a Doctor down there if I'm lucky."

Her hand tightened slightly on Jamie's shoulder, "Lucy still has some explaining to do, but not here. Let's all go downstairs and find Debra," She then sighed, "and maybe I'll find a Doctor down there if I'm lucky."
    Jamie nodded in agreement as she felt Jinny's hold tighten slightly, a frown marring her face. They were being hunted by strange beings with inhuman strength and invisible things with magical powers under the command of a militant group, and all because they had the same father: Johannes Joestar. How exactly were they supposed to deal with things with amazing abilities that they couldn't being controlled by beings who were far stronger than them?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie nodded in agreement as she felt Jinny's hold tighten slightly, a frown marring her face. They were being hunted by strange beings with inhuman strength and invisible things with magical powers under the command of a militant group, and all because they had the same father: Johannes Joestar. How exactly were they supposed to deal with things with amazing abilities that they couldn't being controlled by beings who were far stronger than them?
    Loosening her grip, Jinny let her hand drop as she stood fully on her own two feet. Turning around, she headed towards the elevator. As she took her first step, she spoke to Jamie, "Debra may have the answers we need, though there is something I need to tell you."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Threats? I don't recall threatening anyone. Miss Vivian proposed turning me into a spider, I just simply stated that she would die before she could finish doing so. Nothing threatening about that."

Taking another sip of his drink, the teenager paused for a moment before answering Miguel's question, "Yes, chilling and waiting is the best course of action for now. Mr. Joestar proposed that the rest will only be late by half an hour, so I see no reason to rush."
    Hironobu made it clear he wasn't going to be answering any questions until the the stupid reading, so Sandra dropped any hopes of learning what the **** was going on with all the **** that had been dropped on her and her "siblings" collectives laps that day.

"Alright! Chill it is."

She took a drag and turned her head so she wouldn't blow the smoke in his face. "So, where you from?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hironobu made it clear he wasn't going to be answering any questions until the the stupid reading, so Sandra dropped any hopes of learning what the **** was going on with all the **** that had been dropped on her and her "siblings" collectives laps that day.

"Alright! Chill it is."

She took a drag and turned her head so she wouldn't blow the smoke in his face. "So, where you from?"
    "I am originally from a small town in Japan called Morioh," He replied, "It has been some time since I last visited. "

"「Stand」," Suzie repeated to herself in a whisper, looking「Jigsaw Feeling」up and down where it manifest beside her as a second shadow. "Is that what they're called?"

It was an...exceedingly common name for such a strange phenomenon. All the same it was rather appropriate. Suppose it's like having 'pepper' define a few dozen cultivars.

Yet what stood out to her most was that, indeed, there was someone else knew that about them- Lucy's assailant! She'd know about them!

"No, I hadn't known. But, Mr. Weathermaker, I've started to notice-"

So close to finally realizing something of an answer, and they'd been swiftly denied even that much.

...oh bother.

Suzie lingered for a moment before the locked door. A part of her had a mind to force her way through. The knowledge that, indeed, a part of her could make that happen, however, gave her pause. With a defeated sigh, she turned her gloomy head away. Under the fire alarms that had been set off, she dragged herself a few feet away towards a vending machine.

"...dollar-fifty, bloody hell..."

Arabica. Black. The machine coughed out a large paper cup set into the tray as hot water piped through the frame of the machine.

"This may sound strange, but you couldn't see it, could you, Jaime?" The sound of a trickle, and slowly the smell of coffee began to waft upward. "And yet you knew it. Something was there, watching around. Sort of like a second pair of eyes..."

With a machine whir, the plexiglass screen removed itself, and Suzie took a sip, her dark lips smacking pensively at the edge of the under-filled wax paper.

"...this cuppa tastes like chalk, but it'll do..."

"It won't do to demand an answer, not 'till they're good and ready like? But...you go on ahead and do that," Suzie replied. "I'll try again after a moment and meet the lot of you back at the Grill, yeah?"

Besides, it wouldn't sit right with her knowing Sergeant Starr was still in the hospital, her targets cornered in this manner.

Loosening her grip, Jinny let her hand drop as she stood fully on her own two feet. Turning around, she headed towards the elevator. As she took her first step, she spoke to Jamie, "Debra may have the answers we need, though there is something I need to tell you."
    "OK, but first let's get your injuries looked at Jinny. Then you can tell me whatever you need to tell me." Jamie said, moving toward the elevator slowly, allowing Jinny to easily keep up and use her to remain steady.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Arabica. Black. The machine coughed out a large paper cup set into the tray as hot water piped through the frame of the machine.

"This may sound strange, but you couldn't see it, could you, Jaime?" The sound of a trickle, and slowly the smell of coffee began to waft upward. "And yet you knew it. Something was there, watching around. Sort of like a second pair of eyes..."

With a machine whir, the plexiglass screen removed itself, and Suzie took a sip, her dark lips smacking pensively at the edge of the under-filled wax paper.

"...this cuppa tastes like chalk, but it'll do..."
    "Yeah. It's weird. I've been having that feeling of being watched by something I can't see since I had a case of Night Fever. I thought it was the paranoia that people who survive Night Fever suffer from and tried not to let it bother me." Jamie said.

"Are you saying there is something watching me that I can't see? Can you see it? Was the thing that was with the strange girl one of them?" Jamie asked nervously.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

"Raised him since he was a pup. He was the same as me; an experiment."
    "Experiment..." Lucy felt her heart beat heavy in her chest, but said nothing. It wasn't that she couldn't....it just seemed a rather ackward moment to share a similar life experience, especially with how he could react. They were likely already on a very thin line when it came to trust.

He pointed to Lucy, "Considering how intimately that demon latched onto her, you should be asking her those questions, not me. I will say this; that thing that calls itself 「Gunnery Sergeant Ringo Starr」 does not usually retreat unless she's planning something worse, so get used to looking over your shoulders at night."

Turning the knob of his door, he took one last look at them, "I've said plenty more than I wanted to, but I think it's time we start planning to leave," That said, he stepped back inside room 214.
    With that, Jinny turned to look at Lucy, "Care to share?"
    "No." Lucy answered, not particularly harsh or forcefully, but just in a *matter of fact* sort of tone. "My history isn't strategically relevant....I've no desire to casually offer it to strangers. If you wish to be prepared, your time would be better spent learning how to defend yourself and utilize that *ghost* you have."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Under a barrage of questions, the man retreated back to his room...leaving the group, and lucy, alone to ponder the aftermath of the situation. Lucy paused, words hanging just at the end of her lips. She had things she wanted to ask him....about the experiments, about the dog......but it was too late.

Instead....the girl turned to collect her equipment at the far end of the now wreaked hallway.

"OK, but first let's get your injuries looked at Jinny. Then you can tell me whatever you need to tell me." Jamie said, moving toward the elevator slowly, allowing Jinny to easily keep up and use her to remain steady.

"Yeah. It's weird. I've been having that feeling of being watched by something I can't see since I had a case of Night Fever. I thought it was the paranoia that people who survive Night Fever suffer from and tried not to let it bother me." Jamie said.

"Are you saying there is something watching me that I can't see? Can you see it? Was the thing that was with the strange girl one of them?" Jamie asked nervously.
    "Some of us can, maybe in time all of us will." Jinny nodded to Suzie before continuing down the hallway, "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

Extraordinary Member

"These stands sound fascinating. I would love the chance to study them" said John