Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "These stands sound fascinating. I would love the chance to study them" said John
    Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the pool of liquid following her. Turning to John, "It's going to be hard to do if you can't see them. Maybe you'll get lucky and find that you have one of your own."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the pool of liquid following her. Turning to John, "It's going to be hard to do if you can't see them. Maybe you'll get lucky and find that you have one of your own."
    "That would be ideal." John admitted, before musing aloud "but I could still learn a lot via an interview"

"That would be ideal." John admitted, before musing aloud "but I could still learn a lot via an interview"
    "Then come downstairs with me. You noticed how strange the hallway looked earlier? I think I was responsible for that."

Extraordinary Member

"Then come downstairs with me. You noticed how strange the hallway looked earlier? I think I was responsible for that."
    "Let's focus on your health first" John said "Curiosity is no reason to die, after all"

"Some of us can, maybe in time all of us will." Jinny nodded to Suzie before continuing down the hallway, "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."
    "I admit, I find myself wondering about what I was seeing... What I could see, that is. It was a strange sight seeing a something invisible punch through Clutch's chest, getting hit by nothing, or seeing electricity being fired from nothing. But we can talk about it as soon as we get you checked out by a doctor." Jamie said with a small frown, patting Jinny's hand in a comforting gesture.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I am originally from a small town in Japan called Morioh," He replied, "It has been some time since I last visited. "
    "Huh, never been there before." It was more her being nicer than just bluntly saying she had never heard of the place before. One thing she learned during her travels, people got real defensive when it came to their hometowns. Given how casually this guy... stated Vivian was going to die if she did anything stupid, he wasn't like most people

Still, Sandra was hesitant to doing anything to piss him off, just in case. "What's it like there? I've heard... varied things about Japan, depending on who I talk to."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Let's focus on your health first" John said "Curiosity is no reason to die, after all"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "I admit, I find myself wondering about what I was seeing... What I could see, that is. It was a strange sight seeing a something invisible punch through Clutch's chest, getting hit by nothing, or seeing electricity being fired from nothing. But we can talk about it as soon as we get you checked out by a doctor." Jamie said with a small frown, patting Jinny's hand in a comforting gesture.
    "Thanks." She gave them both a grateful smile. As they reached the elevator, Jinny punched the down button with her good hand.

" Huh, that seems like paranormal stuff, like poltergeist ****," Boris said as he rolls in the elevator.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"Yeah. It's weird. I've been having that feeling of being watched by something I can't see since I had a case of Night Fever. I thought it was the paranoia that people who survive Night Fever suffer from and tried not to let it bother me." Jamie said.

"Are you saying there is something watching me that I can't see? Can you see it? Was the thing that was with the strange girl one of them?" Jamie asked nervously.
    "Aye, it was much the same for me," Suzie replied, leaning against the wall, eyes peeping absently across the was as she sipped the coffee, "...don't get the wrong idea about it, like, but I believe Stands and Night Fever are linked."

It used to be those who got it went mad. Isolated, twisted up, before finally expiring with fright. Back in Bromley she hadn't felt worse than few horrid days, in and out of sleep with a bottle of paracetamol 500 until the world fell out underneath her.

"What if...anyone that done got sick recovered...and..." her lips stilled behind the rim of the paper cup. "Experiments. Weathermaker said they'd done experiments..."

And furthermore, she'd done something to trigger Lucy, specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Experiment..." Lucy felt her heart beat heavy in her chest, but said nothing. It wasn't that she couldn't....it just seemed a rather ackward moment to share a similar life experience, especially with how he could react. They were likely already on a very thin line when it came to trust.

"No." Lucy answered, not particularly harsh or forcefully, but just in a *matter of fact* sort of tone. "My history isn't strategically relevant....I've no desire to casually offer it to strangers. If you wish to be prepared, your time would be better spent learning how to defend yourself and utilize that *ghost* you have."

Under a barrage of questions, the man retreated back to his room...leaving the group, and lucy, alone to ponder the aftermath of the situation. Lucy paused, words hanging just at the end of her lips. She had things she wanted to ask him....about the experiments, about the dog......but it was too late.

Instead....the girl turned to collect her equipment at the far end of the now wreaked hallway.
    As Jinny took the lot of them back down to the lobby, Lucy turned about face and went down the hallway searching for something. Standing outside of room 214, Suzie just took a moment to sip and think.

They know about Johannes Joestar, they've connected us with Johannes Joestar, and now they know who we are and where we're headed--

Reflexively she pushed off the wall, standing in the middle of the hallway and suddenly felt quite very alone and targetted. After all, Sergeant Starr and 「Coal Chamber」were still out there.

The lift was already going down.

Her voice quivered as she called out.

"...Lucy? Are you alright over there? Looking for something in particular?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-15-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Huh, that seems like paranormal stuff, like poltergeist ****," Boris said as he rolls in the elevator.
    "I agree Boris. If I hadn't seen the effects of the invisible thing with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it." Jamie agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Aye, it was much the same for me," Suzie replied, leaning against the wall, eyes peeping absently across the was as she sipped the coffee, "...don't get the wrong idea about it, like, but I believe Stands and Night Fever are linked."

It used to be those who got it went mad. Isolated, twisted up, before finally expiring with fright. Back in Bromley she hadn't felt worse than few horrid days, in and out of sleep with a bottle of paracetamol 500 until the world fell out underneath her.

"What if...anyone that done got sick recovered...and..." her lips stilled behind the rim of the paper cup. "Experiments. Weathermaker said they'd done experiments..."

And furthermore, she'd done something to trigger Lucy, specifically.
    "You believe recovering from Night Fever and these... Stands are connected?" Jamie questioned, a thoughtful frown crossing her face as she spoke. It seemed to make sense, or as much sense as invisible things with magic powers could. But then there was the experiments that man, Weathermaker, spoke of. That strange girl might have been a result of their experiments.

"So... Do you think that girl who attacked us is part of the O.S.S.'s experiments?" Jamie asked Suzie.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Those going back down to the lobby find it in a much different shape. Most of the patients who were in the waiting room were now standing outside, all while the staff seemed to be doing their best at damage control. The flashing lights of a fire truck outside could be seen, reminding them that they had purposely activated the fire alarm earlier.

Those still needing medical attention would be in for a long haul of a wait now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Huh, never been there before." It was more her being nicer than just bluntly saying she had never heard of the place before. One thing she learned during her travels, people got real defensive when it came to their hometowns. Given how casually this guy... stated Vivian was going to die if she did anything stupid, he wasn't like most people

Still, Sandra was hesitant to doing anything to piss him off, just in case. "What's it like there? I've heard... varied things about Japan, depending on who I talk to."
    "Just like any other town. Located on the coastline, the town's central hub is three kilometers from the coast and rests fifteen meters above sea level. Last I checked, it still has a population of around 36,476. It is known for its beef tongue and miso pickles, mitsudango, and the wall eyes."

The kid sounded more like he was reading from the dictionary rather than describing his hometown, actually, he was. Having subtly taken out his cell phone, he had pulled up an article relating to it and was just reciting whatever he had read.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Those going back down to the lobby find it in a much different shape. Most of the patients who were in the waiting room were now standing outside, all while the staff seemed to be doing their best at damage control. The flashing lights of a fire truck outside could be seen, reminding them that they had purposely activated the fire alarm earlier.

Those still needing medical attention would be in for a long haul of a wait now.
    Arriving back down to the first floor waiting area, Jinny looks around. Finding the place evacuated, she takes a seat in the waiting area and rests.

"I agree Boris. If I hadn't seen the effects of the invisible thing with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it." Jamie agreed.

"You believe recovering from Night Fever and these... Stands are connected?" Jamie questioned, a thoughtful frown crossing her face as she spoke. It seemed to make sense, or as much sense as invisible things with magic powers could. But then there was the experiments that man, Weathermaker, spoke of. That strange girl might have been a result of their experiments.

"So... Do you think that girl who attacked us is part of the O.S.S.'s experiments?" Jamie asked Suzie.
    By this time Suzie had gnawed upon the wax paper rim of the coffee cup so much, it had curled upward into a flat spout.

"...nothin' more than a hunch for the moment. This is all rather new information, but it stands to reason, don't it?" She shrugged as she took a sip. "All the same, it seems only a few know for sure."

One was behind the door of Room 214. They'd gone and flubbed the interview, demanding far too much of that poor man.

The others, as they already knew, were likely at the Joestar estate.

And so as she waited for Lucy, Suzie continued in her standoffish manner, waiting to summon up the nerve to try and talk to Weathermaker again.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Jinny took the lot of them back down to the lobby, Lucy turned about face and went down the hallway searching for something. Standing outside of room 214, Suzie just took a moment to sip and think.

They know about Johannes Joestar, they've connected us with Johannes Joestar, and now they know who we are and where we're headed--

Reflexively she pushed off the wall, standing in the middle of the hallway and suddenly felt quite very alone and targetted. After all, Sergeant Starr and 「Coal Chamber」were still out there.

The lift was already going down.

Her voice quivered as she called out.

"...Lucy? Are you alright over there? Looking for something in particular?"
    "Taking stock..." Lucy rose to her feet, popping the clip on handgun to take stock of her remaining ammo. She wasn't sure she fired more then once the entire incident, but still a click of her teeth more then told the story of her dwindling stocks. Slamming it back in a pulling the slide, Lucy put the weapon inside her clothes and turned to Suzie.

"If you want to talk with Weathermaker, I'll stay here until you your ready. A lone target is easily picked off....." Lucy leaned against the wall and adjusted her case. "But we should leave soon....for obvious reasons."