Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Jinny took one more look at the garden before following Debra up the stairs and into the parlor.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Up the steps and through the bay doors, they found themselves in a warm, welcoming environment... save for the air conditioning. Polished wooden floors lay beneath their feet, with the occasional embroidered rug changing up things, most prominently to their right, where a near circle of rustic wood and leather furniture faced a large fireplace, with one side housing a handful of display screens while its opposite housed bookcases with books. To the left of their entrance was a much large section of the room, dominated by large furnishings such as the bare counter housing various bottles of differing spirits and related glassware, a billiards table, and near the wall was a large poker table in which sat three people.

The most noticeable was a figure who made the towering Domo appear like a child. Burdened by a heavy coat, the man's back held a slump which made the hood he wore down completely obscure his face, save for the wild, unkempt salt-and-pepper foot-long beard that jutted down like a stalagmite. His garments lacked any unique features, save for the large golden necklace he bore, from which a golden rectangle hung from. A thunderous voice of gravelly texture could be heard, "Then we are in agreement..."

"That remains to be seen..." Across the table was a woman clad in a waistcoat, slacks, and cabbie hat from which her long pink hair poured out the back. Her face beautiful on one side, was marred by scars on the other, two of which clouded her left iris and deformed the corner of her lips. She was the first to notice them, the giant of a man having not noticed or simply not giving any indication while the third of their group -a familiar-looking teenager- was more focused on a comic book. The woman's mismatched eyes narrowed briefly before otherwise relaxing.

"It is those who bear his proud spirit..."

The woman looked as if she was going to say something, but chose otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

John helped Boris' Wheelchair get up the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I've always had this fear that one year, they would just stop showing up," Debra replied, "I don't why... maybe because they are the last vestiges of my childhood? The last little bit of magic that stayed with you no matter how much you've grown and you desperately want to keep from being snuffed out."

"The transplants were removed, but the garden always a bit weird after that. Most likely, the staff had trimmed and tidied the garden a few days ago, only for it be this unruly despite the weather or conditions." One could say the same about people. Even when they were gone, there was always something about them, a phrase, a habit, even an annoying song stuck in your head because of them, that remained.

"Yea, I suppose we've been outside long enough today," The heat and humidity was only now starting to subside and it take several hours before the temperatures dropped to anything remotely cool.

"We'll go up those stairs," She said, gesturing to them, "They will take us to the parlor."

"I've never heard Johannes mention such a name, but it wouldn't be an impossibility. There's not much I can do to help, but the boy... I mean, Hironobu, might be able to. I hope you'll be able to find what you're looking for."
    "I hope so too. My granduncle is a legendary hitman, and a nickname such as his is earned," Boris said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John helped Boris' Wheelchair get up the stairs
    Later, Boris looks at John." Thanks, John," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Later, Boris looks at John." Thanks, John," Boris said.
    "Think nothing of it. This is simply what a decent person would do"

Up the steps and through the bay doors, they found themselves in a warm, welcoming environment... save for the air conditioning. Polished wooden floors lay beneath their feet, with the occasional embroidered rug changing up things, most prominently to their right, where a near circle of rustic wood and leather furniture faced a large fireplace, with one side housing a handful of display screens while its opposite housed bookcases with books. To the left of their entrance was a much large section of the room, dominated by large furnishings such as the bare counter housing various bottles of differing spirits and related glassware, a billiards table, and near the wall was a large poker table in which sat three people.

The most noticeable was a figure who made the towering Domo appear like a child. Burdened by a heavy coat, the man's back held a slump which made the hood he wore down completely obscure his face, save for the wild, unkempt salt-and-pepper foot-long beard that jutted down like a stalagmite. His garments lacked any unique features, save for the large golden necklace he bore, from which a golden rectangle hung from. A thunderous voice of gravelly texture could be heard, "Then we are in agreement..."

"That remains to be seen..." Across the table was a woman clad in a waistcoat, slacks, and cabbie hat from which her long pink hair poured out the back. Her face beautiful on one side, was marred by scars on the other, two of which clouded her left iris and deformed the corner of her lips. She was the first to notice them, the giant of a man having not noticed or simply not giving any indication while the third of their group -a familiar-looking teenager- was more focused on a comic book. The woman's mismatched eyes narrowed briefly before otherwise relaxing.

Vivian simply put a cigarette in the corner of her mouth, for the moment unlit, and asked in monotone. "Siblings or bureaucrats?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Jamie stared at the man in a hooded coat and almost took a step back, wondering if this was a reading of the will of her late father whom she'd just learned of, or some kind of strange occult ritual. Part of her wanted to ask if someone was about to get sacrificed to whatever caused the Stands, worried she'd have to try and futilely fight this man, because he either had a Stand or was a powerful wizard. And Jamie knew she had no chance against either of those options.

Instead, she tore her eyes off of him and looked to the woman, whom looked far more normal, even with the scarring on the left side of her face and deformed the corner of her mouth. Keeping her eyes on the woman, Jamie gave a small nod as she tried her best to give a friendly smile as she said "Hello, my name is Jamie Valentine. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian simply put a cigarette in the corner of her mouth, for the moment unlit, and asked in monotone. "Siblings or bureaucrats?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie stared at the man in a hooded coat and almost took a step back, wondering if this was a reading of the will of her late father whom she'd just learned of, or some kind of strange occult ritual. Part of her wanted to ask if someone was about to get sacrificed to whatever caused the Stands, worried she'd have to try and futilely fight this man, because he either had a Stand or was a powerful wizard. And Jamie knew she had no chance against either of those options.

Instead, she tore her eyes off of him and looked to the woman, whom looked far more normal, even with the scarring on the left side of her face and deformed the corner of her mouth. Keeping her eyes on the woman, Jamie gave a small nod as she tried her best to give a friendly smile as she said "Hello, my name is Jamie Valentine. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances".
    "Drawn together are we by the pull of the spiral. Although we may separate, in time we will meet again. Such is the way of spinning fate..."

The massive man rose from his seat, ending the conversation between the woman and him and exiting the room through another door. The woman simply sighed, "That was Amon Amarth. He's a bit dramatic." Finishing a lowball glass of liquor, the woman followed suit by rising.

"No offense, but you lot look like the types who ask a lot of questions and I don't answer unless I'm getting paid. Oy, Dolly, let's go."

The girl sighed, her monotoned voice extremely familiar, "Ugh, fine." Tossing the comic on a small pile, the girl go up and followed as the two of them departed.

The room emptied save for their group, Debra spoke up, "Amon Amarth and Good Charlotte, they're members of the board Johannes set up to run the foundation. First time I've met either one of them."

"Drawn together are we by the pull of the spiral. Although we may separate, in time we will meet again. Such is the way of spinning fate..."

The massive man rose from his seat, ending the conversation between the woman and him and exiting the room through another door. The woman simply sighed, "That was Amon Amarth. He's a bit dramatic." Finishing a lowball glass of liquor, the woman followed suit by rising.

"No offense, but you lot look like the types who ask a lot of questions and I don't answer unless I'm getting paid. Oy, Dolly, let's go."

The girl sighed, her monotoned voice extremely familiar, "Ugh, fine." Tossing the comic on a small pile, the girl go up and followed as the two of them departed.

The room emptied save for their group, Debra spoke up, "Amon Amarth and Good Charlotte, they're members of the board Johannes set up to run the foundation. First time I've met either one of them."
    "First time? You don't come back here often then? Or is there another reason why you haven't interacted with them before?"

"I take it that they have no interest in us. Which makes me even more interested in them and the foundation." Jinny spoke to Debra as the others took their leave, "It would be easy to finish our stay here then go our separate ways as if nothing happened. I imagine that Amarth and Charlotte would welcome that, yet Johannes wanted us here for the will reading instead of setting it up in a big city legal office. Maybe I'm making more out of this than I should, or not." She smiled slightly then continued, "No matter how many times I'm told that my hunches are wrong, I'm not likely to stop. You'll find me to be terribly addicted to puzzling things out."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "First time? You don't come back here often then? Or is there another reason why you haven't interacted with them before?"

"I take it that they have no interest in us. Which makes me even more interested in them and the foundation." Jinny spoke to Debra as the others took their leave, "It would be easy to finish our stay here then go our separate ways as if nothing happened. I imagine that Amarth and Charlotte would welcome that, yet Johannes wanted us here for the will reading instead of setting it up in a big city legal office. Maybe I'm making more out of this than I should, or not." She smiled slightly then continued, "No matter how many times I'm told that my hunches are wrong, I'm not likely to stop. You'll find me to be terribly addicted to puzzling things out."
    "I haven't been back here since Johannes and I..." She trailed off, before changing gears with her words, "Your father mentioned them in passing to me, but both of them are recluses in a sense; Charlotte apparently is always deep in her work and often sends subordinates in her place, even when for casual gatherings, and most consider Amarth more of a legend than a person for as little as he appears. Despite this, Johannes placed a lot of trust into them, and the fact they showed up means they must have respected him just as deeply."

"I haven't been back here since Johannes and I..." She trailed off, before changing gears with her words, "Your father mentioned them in passing to me, but both of them are recluses in a sense; Charlotte apparently is always deep in her work and often sends subordinates in her place, even when for casual gatherings, and most consider Amarth more of a legend than a person for as little as he appears. Despite this, Johannes placed a lot of trust into them, and the fact they showed up means they must have respected him just as deeply."
    "That's good to know. If they respect him, they should be good caretakers of his legacy." Her voice softened as she spoke.

"This parlor looks interesting, but it doesn't say much about Joestar as a person. Is there any place here that would give us more of a sense of who he was, seeing as we never got a chance to meet him ourselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "That's good to know. If they respect him, they should be good caretakers of his legacy." Her voice softened as she spoke.

"This parlor looks interesting, but it doesn't say much about Joestar as a person. Is there any place here that would give us more of a sense of who he was, seeing as we never got a chance to meet him ourselves."
    "I suppose you're right. This room is mostly to entertain guests, although Johannes enjoyed most of the alcohol, but would that really show who he was to..." Muttering to herself in thought, it took a bit before she could get back on track, "... ah, sorry. If there were any rooms such as that, it would probably be the library or his personal study."

"We allowed to just uh..." Vivian trailed off as she eyed the magical wonderland she'd stumbled into. "You know... drink this stuff?" Though the mention of the Library did raise an eyebrow. "That where the occult stuff is, too? The Library? Or is there a spooky dungeon I gotta traipse through first." Witches had a penchant for that up North... fucking wierdos.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "We allowed to just uh..." Vivian trailed off as she eyed the magical wonderland she'd stumbled into. "You know... drink this stuff?" Though the mention of the Library did raise an eyebrow. "That where the occult stuff is, too? The Library? Or is there a spooky dungeon I gotta traipse through first." Witches had a penchant for that up North... fucking wierdos.
    "I don't recall any restrictions on enjoying what's available... well, aside from being of age of course," She replied, "Yes, a majority of what your father used as reference is in the library, although he might have some in his study as well."

"I don't recall any restrictions on enjoying what's available... well, aside from being of age of course," She replied, "Yes, a majority of what your father used as reference is in the library, although he might have some in his study as well."
    Vivian lurched forward like a career drunk. Whether or not she was still apprehensive about the Weald being this close- and she was- didn't much matter to the fact that there was enough liquor to keep her sedated, and enough potentially interesting bits and bobs in both the Library and Study to stave off both ennui, and the more pressing... and looming, dread. "Well that just made my week." Targeting the nearest bottle of Whisky, the Witch wasted no time before, the cigarette that had been hanging from the corner of her mouth surprisingly vanishing in favor of a bottle pressed to eager lips.

Arx Inosaan