Page 68 of 108 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1610
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie stared in awe at all the books and various curios that filled the massive room. She could feel the pull to all those books, all those repositories to the history of the world awaiting a curious explorer to uncover the knowledge they contained.

"I-it's so beautiful." Jamie murmured, feeling tears of joy well in her eyes as she fought the urge to rush and begin eagerly devouring all that information.
    "You're an avid reader, I take it?" John asked

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yes, that's it, Chernobyl. Another incident I know happen in Ukraine from my granduncle is The Zaporizhzhia Massacre, aka Ukrainian Mafia Civil War. An event that took place in 1994," Boris said.

" It's a personal event for my granduncle and mother. From my granduncle's words, it caused him and my mother great tragedy. It was the end of the Kuvalda crime family, or more like the massacre of the Kuvalda crime family," Boris said.

" You most likely don't know about such an event, and I'm glad I was never alive during that time to witness it," Boris said.

" Every time my granduncle told me about that event, he always had a sad look in his eyes," Boris said. Boris then looks at the books.
    "I'm... sorry to hear that." She wasn't quite certain what to do with that chunk of information, "You must really admire your granduncle."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Jinny looked up at the book, a pool of liquid the colors of the stained glass above the fireplace formed next to her feet. Glancing down at it, her mouth twisted slightly in a half-smile. Looking back up at the book, but not saying a word, the liquid moved under her feet and rose upward. It's viscosity increased enough to form a soft, yet stable platform as it lifted her straight up, high enough to reach the book.

Once she was within reach, she pulled the book off of the shelf with a modicum of effort. With the book in her possession, [Genesis] lowered her back down the floor then vanished.

Making her way to a side table next to a large chair nearby, Jinny placed the book on the table. She then used her good hand to open it up and look at the first few pages.
    Within the book fell an old slip of paper, seemingly years-if-not-decades old. A good portion of what was written on it was intelligible or in an encoded or unknown language, but there was something a bit more recently written.

... the Isle of Avalon, from which paradise is borne...
    ... beyond the horizon of man's eye, it will only be found when the wolf howls the iron cutting song...
    ... only then will the owner of the broken heart open the path to salvation...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "You're an avid reader, I take it?" John asked
    Jamie broke out of her reverie, a deep red dusting her cheeks as she muttered "I-I just really like history, and there's bound to be plenty of history in this library."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie broke out of her reverie, a deep red dusting her cheeks as she muttered "I-I just really like history, and there's bound to be plenty of history in this library."
    "Being interested in history is nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, it's something to be admired. All of humanity's greatness comes from it's ability to pass knowledge onto the next generation"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I'm... sorry to hear that." She wasn't quite certain what to do with that chunk of information, "You must really admire your granduncle."

Within the book fell an old slip of paper, seemingly years-if-not-decades old. A good portion of what was written on it was intelligible or in an encoded or unknown language, but there was something a bit more recently written.
    "I do. one of the toughest people I know, hard as nails. My granduncle is a hitman, which doesn't automatically mean he's a bad guy. He has a code of honor and told me all respectful hitman should have one," Boris said.

" He told me he has no respect for cold-hearted killers, that people like that are just machines. I seen my granduncle survived just about anything throwing at him. He has been stab and shot so many times. He should be dead a hundred times over," Boris said.

"I seen him survived being set on fire and survived a poison stronger enough to kill an elephant. I seen him take on a dozen arm guys with just an ax and win. There's no doubt in my mind my granduncle's nickname is well earned," Boris said.

" I learned how to fight from my grandfather. He thought me Boyovyy Hopak. I learned how to use an axe in combat from him. I learned about different types of axes from him," Boris said.

"From him and, my mother I learned Ventriloquism. The thing I admire most about my granduncle was he was always there for my mother and me," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

She stood there for several moments pondering the words and looking over the rest of the paper, before putting it down on the table and casually browsing through the book.

After a few more moments, Jinny placed the paper back inside the book, closed it, and picked it up. Walking over to Debra, "Johannes has a study, an office where he did his work, is that right? I'm looking for a sample of his handwriting."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"I do. one of the toughest people I know, hard as nails. My granduncle is a hitman, which doesn't automatically mean he's a bad guy. He has a code of honor and told me all respectful hitman should have one," Boris said.

" He told me he has no respect for cold-hearted killers, that people like that are just machines. I seen my granduncle survived just about anything throwing at him. He has been stab and shot so many times. He should be dead a hundred times over," Boris said.

"I seen him survived being set on fire and survived a poison stronger enough to kill an elephant. I seen him take on a dozen arm guys with just an ax and win. There's no doubt in my mind my granduncle's nickname is well earned," Boris said.

" I learned how to fight from my grandfather. He thought me Boyovyy Hopak. I learned how to use an axe in combat from him. I learned about different types of axes from him," Boris said.

"From him and, my mother I learned Ventriloquism. The thing I admire most about my granduncle was he was always there for my mother and me," Boris said.
    "I see..." Boris had unloaded quite a bit of information at her, resulting in her having to pause before continuing, "... thank you for telling me about him. Sounds like a wonderful person."

She stood there for several moments pondering the words and looking over the rest of the paper, before putting it down on the table and casually browsing through the book.

After a few more moments, Jinny placed the paper back inside the book, closed it, and picked it up. Walking over to Debra, "Johannes has a study, an office where he did his work, is that right? I'm looking for a sample of his handwriting."
    "Sample of his handwriting? Planning on forging his signature?" She replied, jokingly.

"I see..." Boris had unloaded quite a bit of information at her, resulting in her having to pause before continuing, "... thank you for telling me about him. Sounds like a wonderful person."

"Sample of his handwriting? Planning on forging his signature?" She replied, jokingly.
    Her expression made it clear that she understood the joke, her actions were more direct. Handing the book over to Debra, "I found this with a piece of paper inside. I couldn't read most of it, but there was something written on it that I could make out. I wanted to compare the handwriting to see if Johannes wrote the note or not. Perhaps you can tell me if it was written by him?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It was hard to tell, but Suzie might have been able to catch a glimpse of him nodding approvingly.
    Somehow, whatever intention that left her fumbling use of a language she'd only known from cartoons got through to him. Even as seriously as he'd taken his duty to Debra, it seemed that there was something more than the pay that drove Domo's prerogative.

Wow, what a nice fellow.

"The Joestar family, as I was told, was once one of the major noble houses of England. Then something happened and they lost everything." She shrugged to herself, "I suppose in a way, your father wanted to pay homage to your ancestors."
    Suzie lift a peculiar smile at this, moreso that her lips stretched to conceal a grimace. Fishing out her camera, she snapped photos of the whale skeleton, the Renaissance marble, and the expanse of the library.

"Is that so? Some distance from the Royals, I'd hope," she offered glibly, "They'd always been a bit off to my mind, but HRH George VII been stuck with the office just to stand on ceremony."

Tabloids and talk shows alike bandied about how it was tradition and whatnot. Propped up, stuck with no place else to go. What a miserable state of affairs.

Then another though drift into her head and made her skin crawl. ...did Johannes tell mum that?

"Still, homage though it may be, it's comforting to know the collection is more donations than pilfers."

" He is, and I know he's a good person because he could have stopped me from coming to this country, but he didn't. All this stuff I witness has me thinking. Back when I was Hitman, the last job I did was with my granduncle," Boris.

"The job was taking out a man who bullied me in the past. I couldn't do it because I thought the man had a change of heart. My granduncle thought differently and killed the man and his family. That's what I thought when I watch him finish the job I couldn't back then," Boris said.

" Now, I think maybe just maybe my granduncle had a reason for killing them. Maybe the person I thought had a change of heart was actually a bad person. Maybe that family wasn't a real family," Boris said.

" My granduncle once told me that looks are looks can be deceiving. Never understood want my granduncle was talking about until now," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Her expression made it clear that she understood the joke, her actions were more direct. Handing the book over to Debra, "I found this with a piece of paper inside. I couldn't read most of it, but there was something written on it that I could make out. I wanted to compare the handwriting to see if Johannes wrote the note or not. Perhaps you can tell me if it was written by him?"
    Debra studied the note for some time, almost as if she understood the cryptic writing, in the end, though, she handed it back to Jinny, "Can't say I understand it. The readable portion is your father's handwriting, however."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Somehow, whatever intention that left her fumbling use of a language she'd only known from cartoons got through to him. Even as seriously as he'd taken his duty to Debra, it seemed that there was something more than the pay that drove Domo's prerogative.

Wow, what a nice fellow.

Suzie lift a peculiar smile at this, moreso that her lips stretched to conceal a grimace. Fishing out her camera, she snapped photos of the whale skeleton, the Renaissance marble, and the expanse of the library.

"Is that so? Some distance from the Royals, I'd hope," she offered glibly, "They'd always been a bit off to my mind, but HRH George VII been stuck with the office just to stand on ceremony."

Tabloids and talk shows alike bandied about how it was tradition and whatnot. Propped up, stuck with no place else to go. What a miserable state of affairs.

Then another though drift into her head and made her skin crawl. ...did Johannes tell mum that?

"Still, homage though it may be, it's comforting to know the collection is more donations than pilfers."
    "Not sure where the Joestar family fits in, to be honest. Your father once showed me the family tree, but I wasn't exactly paying attention at the time."

" He is, and I know he's a good person because he could have stopped me from coming to this country, but he didn't. All this stuff I witness has me thinking. Back when I was Hitman, the last job I did was with my granduncle," Boris.

"The job was taking out a man who bullied me in the past. I couldn't do it because I thought the man had a change of heart. My granduncle thought differently and killed the man and his family. That's what I thought when I watch him finish the job I couldn't back then," Boris said.

" Now, I think maybe just maybe my granduncle had a reason for killing them. Maybe the person I thought had a change of heart was actually a bad person. Maybe that family wasn't a real family," Boris said.

" My granduncle once told me that looks are looks can be deceiving. Never understood want my granduncle was talking about until now," Boris said.
    "I understand. This trip has been an exercise in figuring out who will betray you and who is authentic."

"The study is connected to the library so it..."

Upon approaching the door that led to Johannes Joestar's private study, a note was found taped from it, simply stating:

Study is off-limits due to critical information regarding Johannes Joestar's last will and testament.
    Entrance is prohibited until further notice.

"...I suppose that makes sense," Debra quietly said to herself.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

While both might not have noticed it, but nearly all of the bottles lining the shelves were brand new with the two they had chosen even requiring removing their respective seals. Those with curiosity would find that there was, however, one bottle that was nearly emptied. A simple bottle of dark glass and an almost cheap paper label which, handwritten, simply read Steel Ball Rum.
    While the others were studying the study, Sandra was on her way to getting drunk. The day had been completely stupid and stressful, so no one could blame her for letting loose. If they tried, they could go fuck themselves.

She could feel a tingle in her fingers, so it was going to happen. That was good. She took one more shot of the bourbon, then set it back on the shelf. "Daddy dearest has great taste," she muttered. "Oops! I mean had. Heheheh..." Out of the corner of her eye, she saw what looked like some cheap shit she could have gotten from a cornerstore. "Steel Ball Rum, eh?" She pulled it off the shelf and looked it over. "Meh. Why not?"

She cracked it open, poured herself a shot, and downed it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"The study is connected to the library so it..."

Upon approaching the door that led to Johannes Joestar's private study, a note was found taped from it, simply stating:

"...I suppose that makes sense," Debra quietly said to herself.
    Vivian was not deterred.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian was not deterred.
    Vivian, grabbing the door and shaking it like a mad man would find it locked.