Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I can justify it easily enough, Ms. Lucy," Hironobu said, pocketing the watch, "Mr. Joestar trusted you and so I will too. I suppose if that explanation does not suffice, then there is the practicality of having some insight into the enemy. There was a Sun Tzu quote to that effect, I recall."

He looked as if he were going to reach for his phone, no doubt to look it up, but he decided otherwise.

Vivian's folder seemed light, extremely light, although she was certain there were things in there. Curious.

"If you are able to retrieve the core or the fragments without Moonchild, the better; however, we're all aware of how easier said than done such a feat is. Still, free feel to do what you can."

---
    "In any case, if that is all for questions, then it is getting late and we have much to do tomorrow. Once those doors unlock, you will find dinner ready in the dining room. Also, there will be a staff member on each side of the door with a piece of paper. I suggest filling it out with the essentials you'll need for this journey and turning it to the staff."
    Boris walks towards a staff member and fills out the paper. On He writes his exact requirements for two single-handed axes. Which are light, fast, and are well balanced between force and accuracy. Construct from good high-grade material.

Boris then writes puppet-making tools and high-grade puppet-making materials on the paper. The materials that Boris list for puppet making on the paper are all very expensive.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Satisfied with the lack of questions, Hironobu gave a nod and the doors audibly unlocked and two staff members could be seen opening the double doors. Streaks of the evening sun lit the hallway with an orange glow, drawing attention to just how long they had been in that meeting room. As Hironobu had mentioned, another pair of staff members held a stack of papers and pens, waiting to distribute them out.

Surprisingly, Debra was still outside, no doubt having waited for them, her features marred by concern.

Extraordinary Member

Satisfied with the lack of questions, Hironobu gave a nod and the doors audibly unlocked and two staff members could be seen opening the double doors. Streaks of the evening sun lit the hallway with an orange glow, drawing attention to just how long they had been in that meeting room. As Hironobu had mentioned, another pair of staff members held a stack of papers and pens, waiting to distribute them out.

Surprisingly, Debra was still outside, no doubt having waited for them, her features marred by concern.
    John sighed as he stood an exited the room. The situation was overwhelming, and he'd wished he'd asked more questions. Unfortunately, he hadn't been able to put the words together in the moment. Hopefully, he'd be able to think of more things to request before they left. Already, he had a few ideas regarding Ball Bearings...

In his musings, he failed to pay attention to where he was going, and accidently bumped into Debra.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that Ms. Debra. I was lost in thought." he said to her in apology

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sandra took the paper and pen and hastily scribbled some essential shit she was going to need for the trip.

• Beef jerky
    • Revolver w/four cases of ammo
    • 10x medium-sized hunks of oak wood
    • Steel-toed boots, sized 6.5
    • Flask
    • Backpack

Mysteriously, smokes and booze were not on that list. That stuff she could get herself before getting on the train. Besides, she didn't want to be bogged down with a lot of stuff.

She gave that back to the staff and headed outside. She was hungry, but she needed to clear her head first.

The first thought that crossed her mind when she received that folder with everything having to do with her life was to burn it. The letter, the newspaper clippings, the records, all of it. It hurt too much to think about, much less read in excruciating detail. Her second thought was to hold on to it. Maybe there was something in there that she didn't know. At some point, she would have to find out what happened to her family after she left. They were still mostly intact when she walked out the door for the last time when she was eighteen. That was seven years ago; a lot could change in seven years.

Part of her wanted to look right then, but the larger and more sensible half knew it wasn't a good idea. Today hadn't been the smooth ride she hoped it was going to be, so any more emotional turmoil tossed on the smoldering powder keg wasn't a good idea.

Instead, she brought her lighter up to the cigarette that had been hanging from her lips since she first read that folder and light it. She took a puff and let out the smoke through her nose. It was killing her, but damn it if it didn't calm her nerves. The only thing better was booze... which also was killing her.

Sandra didn't have the best coping mechanisms. It could have been worse; she could have been a whore, like her mother. She had some standards.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-02-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Boris walks towards the staff members holding papers and pens. He took a piece of paper and a pen. on the paper he fills out the requirements for two single-handed axes. Which are light, fast, and are well balanced between force and accuracy. Construct from good high-grade material. Boris then writes puppet-making tools and high-grade puppet-making materials on the paper. The materials that Boris list for puppet making on the paper are all very expensive.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Taking one of the papers, Jinny stopped her exit long enough to write a few things down. Mostly a change of clothes, something suitable for travel on foot or otherwise. She added a few other items that she might need before handing the paper back to the staff member. Knowing that they were making a short stop in New York gave her something to think about.

Once the paper was returned, she exited the room, noticing Debra waiting outside as she did. "Debra, were you waiting out here all this time?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boris goes off to look for the person who knocked him out last night after handing the paper he filled out back to a staff member.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Taking one of the papers, Jinny stopped her exit long enough to write a few things down. Mostly a change of clothes, something suitable for travel on foot or otherwise. She added a few other items that she might need before handing the paper back to the staff member. Knowing that they were making a short stop in New York gave her something to think about.

Once the paper was returned, she exited the room, noticing Debra waiting outside as she did. "Debra, were you waiting out here all this time?"
    Approaching Jinny, the distraught-looking Debra spoke in a low-tone, "I'm not going to ask what was said in there, but I must know... did they mention the word "Avalon" at all?"

Approaching Jinny, the distraught-looking Debra spoke in a low-tone, "I'm not going to ask what was said in there, but I must know... did they mention the word "Avalon" at all?"
    "You did read the letter that I found in that book in the library, the one where I was asking about handwriting and if Johannes wrote it, right?" Jinny replied in a soft, yet not quite as low a tone of voice as Debra. "It was just like that."
    Last edited by Tami; 06-01-2021 at 09:03 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

As Boris looks for the man who knocked him out last night. he recalls a dream he had last night. ( I remember having this dream last night. There were these two people in front of me in a long hallway. One an old man and the other a young man in front of me,) Boris thought.

( In this dream of my, the young man called the old man sifu, and the old man called the young man Gza-Rza. in the dream, this young man struck me with this knife-like strike and say something like Sunshine Orange Overdrive,) Boris thought.

(That dream was so vivid, The last thing I can recall from that dream was the feeling of a sudden warmth on my body and then my body burning up, and then nothing,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You did read the letter that I found in that book in the library, the one where I was asking about handwriting and if Johannes wrote it, right?" Jinny replied in a soft, yet not quite as low a tone of voice as Debra. "It was just like that."
    Her eyes widened and she instinctively dug her right canine into her thumb in thought. It was clear that she was on the verge of panicking, muttering a small mantra under her breath, "ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnonononono..." Just as it seemed that she was on the verge of a panic attack, she snapped out of it, "Jinny, I need you to gather your siblings and meet me in the garden later tonight. There's something they're not telling you."

With that, Debra walked away, anxiety-riddened.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    As Boris looks for the man who knocked him out last night. he recalls a dream he had last night. ( I remember having this dream last night. There were these two people in front of me in a long hallway. One an old man and the other a young man in front of me,) Boris thought.

( In this dream of my, the young man called the old man sifu, and the old man called the young man Gza-Rza. in the dream, this young man struck me with this knife-like strike and say something like Sunshine Orange Overdrive,) Boris thought.

(That dream was so vivid, The last thing I can recall from that dream was the feeling of a sudden warmth on my body and then my body burning up, and then nothing,) Boris thought.
    Ultimately, Boris would not find either man. Most of the guests from the previous night had left to return home, leaving mostly his group and the core staff.

Vivian's folder seemed light, extremely light, although she was certain there were things in there. Curious.

"If you are able to retrieve the core or the fragments without Moonchild, the better; however, we're all aware of how easier said than done such a feat is. Still, free feel to do what you can."
    It was probably some manner of IOU, whatever it was... or something Vivian wished to avoid entirely. It was her bridge to burn when she got around to it however; and get around to it she would. "I suppose we'll see when I get home, what's easiest. Til then..." Vivian needed more coffee, and those books she'd been denied the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hironobu
    "In any case, if that is all for questions, then it is getting late and we have much to do tomorrow. Once those doors unlock, you will find dinner ready in the dining room. Also, there will be a staff member on each side of the door with a piece of paper. I suggest filling it out with the essentials you'll need for this journey and turning it to the staff."
    Vivian's list was short, but extremely specific:

handwritten request.jpg

Once handed over, she turned toward the dining hall... clearly in an attempt to scarper off with all the steak before anyone else had a chance and yet...

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...beg pardon, but Moonchild...?"

Hironobu and Vivian had dropped the name of this presumed contact, but it had left Suzie rather adrift. "Suppose there are a few of things left to a need to know basis...though it'd be a right bother if we'd a need to know friend from foe on the East coast, innit?"

She tilt her head to one side and twist an end of her hair.

"Um...so you did mention a few things about the Weald this morning over breakfast. Before I'd thought nature'd reasserted itself, but well...hadn't occured to me that the roots had to uptake their sustenance quite like that."
    "I'd rather not speak of it much, myself... home... so consider this the Last Word until its necessary I say more; but yes. That is her name yes, supposed daughter of the Moon." Vivian replied, with an dismissive gesture aimed at, seemingly, Moonchild herself. "As for the need for sustenance? Impact did it. No idea why, of course everyone has their theories. Doesn't matter, end result is still the same regardless of the cause, yea? Weald feeds on you, mind, body... soul if its on you to believe such. Grows strong on you." The woman trailed off a moment before chuckling, mostly to herself but for a moment it seemed she found some amusement at the notion of plants growing strong on meat. "Why do you think Johannes had to literally wrestle with the transplants? It wasn't simply because they wanted a hug from dear old dad."

Maybe it'd be best if she burned down that garden... Eh. Debra had been nice, if strange and she seemed to like it. No sense taking away her happiness. Was in short supply, anymore.

"Anything else?" Vivian asked Suzie. "Better make it good, Last Word and all."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

OOC: No response to John bumping into her?

Ultimately, Boris would not find either man. Most of the guests from the previous night had left to return home, leaving mostly his group and the core staff.
    (Well, this was a major bust, I did all that search for nothing. oh well, I guess I should train up on my Boyovyy Hopak ) Boris thought.

( I could try my hand at darts. never played it, but from what I heard about, such a game sounds similar to axe throwing, so how different could it be?) Boris thought.

Boris then looks for the game room.
    My Forum check it out