Page 28 of 108 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris looks at Jamie," If you're thinking my mother is a Ukrainian mafioso? She's not. The only person I know in my family that's a Ukrainian mafioso is my Granduncle," Boris said.

" My mother never cause any physical harm to anyone in her life. When I said my mother, threatening those who bullied me. I mean, she threatened to get my Granduncle to do something about them," Boris said.

" Now, let me ask you a question, who do you think runs Ukraine?" Boris said.
    Jamie turned back to Boris, a sinking feeling in her stomach as she realized this conversation was not going to be ending any time soon, no matter how much she wished for it to do so. And unfortunately she didn't have the nerve to just tell him that she didn't want to be part of it.

"The Ukrainian Mafia?" Jamie answered, though it sounded more like a question than an actual answer.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie turned back to Boris, a sinking feeling in her stomach as she realized this conversation was not going to be ending any time soon, no matter how much she wished for it to do so. And unfortunately she didn't have the nerve to just tell him that she didn't want to be part of it.

"The Ukrainian Mafia?" Jamie answered, though it sounded more like a question than an actual answer.
    " Yes, Ukrainian Mafia, and I want my mother to have a better life away from them. She can't do that as long as she's in Ukraine. My mother's passion is ventriloquism. she loves doing it," Boris said.

" Jinny, when we were on that bus, I remember you said something about art molding. you might not have heard what I said because of the crazy bullshit that happen on that bus, so I'm going to tell you again now. Taking up art molding could be good for my mother," Boris said.

"It could be a good outlet to show off her wonderful puppet designs," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I'll help him walk" John volunteered, "Name's John. It'll be most efficient for me to do it"
    "Thanks for the assist, John." Jinny watched the others making their way down the stairs, before looking back, "Let's get him up on his feet and head down. I have a bad feeling that staying up here too long is just making us an easy target for someone or something." As she spoke, she flashed back on Toby and the wild bus ride, and shivered slightly, wrapping her right arm across her body and her hand holding her left arm carefully.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "..." Debra looked at Gula for a moment, much in the same way she did Vivian earlier. The fact this girl was flaunting that she could provide transportation to wherever reliably and yet hadn't up until this point visibly struck a chord considering what all they had gone through.

"Domo is... very stubborn when it comes to medical aid, being the stoic type and all. It'd be best if I take him to whatever is local."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Speaking to Debra, "It might be best if we all went to the nearest hospital to get Domo, Boris, and anyone else who needs it medical help. I doubt an ambulance can reach us up here so easily. That is, assuming Domo can walk. I don't know how bad his injuries are, same for Boris. We would need to help them."
    "..."

From someone who's... piss-poor vetting and organization of things effectively caused all of this in the first place, that look was ultimately... less than insignificant, similar to a certain other individual with memory problems. At least her words were... reasonable, if somewhat flavored by the circumstances.

Backed by Jinny's also reasonable response, they almost formed something worth caring about.

"Best of luck with that, then."

Almost.

"Assuming nothing else happens, I suppose I'll see the rest of you at the reading."

Gula then walked off.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Retired Overlord

Having exhausted all the remaining possible means of escape(The alternate fire exit being a bit too structurally unsound even for someone used to unsound entry/exit plans), Lucy was likely the last of the group to move into the stairwell and down the stairs. Having wasted far too much time, she set a brisk pace...only taking moments to assess the others and their conditions as she passed by.

The food fanatic was on the tail end of some minor dispute with Debra, not a verbal one mind you....but between stares and body language, something had transpired. Not doubt the situation had left some in a state on shock or confusion, more prone to misunderstanding...or in this case, amplified any penchant for assumption. It made no difference in the end....both were safe, and both would hopefully learn a lesson on trust for the future.

The small mafia man was in the midst of discussing his mothers penchant for raising dummies when she passed by, and her desire to not want to be involved with that conversation caused her footspeed to accelerate immediately as she flew down the stairs without so much as skipping a step.

Next was the foul mouthed gorilla woman, to whom Lucy offered only the modest of greetings and farewells as she slipped by.

Finally....where the 7th floor began, waiting by the ascending elevator, was the primary reason she had decided to take the stairs in the end. Her seat mate, the girl with the ghost. She needed to confirm something that she hadn't had time to do before....

Lucy slowed her pace just at the top of the stairs. "Hey...Suzan...." The soldier glanced around for a moment, eyeing up the local area for....

"....can I have a word with you before we leave...." Lucy motioned her head in the direction of the hallway leading to the ice machine. "Alone....if you don't mind..."

Extraordinary Member

"Thanks for the assist, John." Jinny watched the others making their way down the stairs, before looking back, "Let's get him up on his feet and head down. I have a bad feeling that staying up here too long is just making us an easy target for someone or something." As she spoke, she flashed back on Toby and the wild bus ride, and shivered slightly, wrapping her right arm across her body and her hand holding her left arm carefully.
    "Are you okay?" John asked Jinny, his voice level. The only real sign of emotion was a raised eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Are you okay?" John asked Jinny, his voice level. The only real sign of emotion was a raised eyebrow
    Her distracted look was replaced by a grateful smile, "I'll be fine, thanks." she then became serious again, "The sooner we get everyone off the roof, the better." Jinny then walked over to the entrance to the staircase and looked inside, "It's somewhat narrow, but I think two can make it down at a time."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Her distracted look was replaced by a grateful smile, "I'll be fine, thanks." she then became serious again, "The sooner we get everyone off the roof, the better." Jinny then walked over to the entrance to the staircase and looked inside, "It's somewhat narrow, but I think two can make it down at a time."
    "I think so too. Ideally, someone with a bit of strength should go ahead of me and Boris, in case we trip on the way down"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "VIVIAN." Came the shout from down the stairwell.
    Just as she opened the stairwell fire door to the hall that had the elevator in it, the echo carried Vivian's shout from further down. It hit Suzie so stiffly, her bushy head swayed weakly like a palm tree caught in the breeze.

"...oh, there she goes...," she murmured. Straight after what she was after, there was something laudable in that kind of unaffected conviction. Going for the gusto, even for the little things...

Suppose she'll be well, though selection seems limited on the high street.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Having exhausted all the remaining possible means of escape(The alternate fire exit being a bit too structurally unsound even for someone used to unsound entry/exit plans), Lucy was likely the last of the group to move into the stairwell and down the stairs. Having wasted far too much time, she set a brisk pace...only taking moments to assess the others and their conditions as she passed by.

The food fanatic was on the tail end of some minor dispute with Debra, not a verbal one mind you....but between stares and body language, something had transpired. Not doubt the situation had left some in a state on shock or confusion, more prone to misunderstanding...or in this case, amplified any penchant for assumption. It made no difference in the end....both were safe, and both would hopefully learn a lesson on trust for the future.

The small mafia man was in the midst of discussing his mothers penchant for raising dummies when she passed by, and her desire to not want to be involved with that conversation caused her footspeed to accelerate immediately as she flew down the stairs without so much as skipping a step.

Next was the foul mouthed gorilla woman, to whom Lucy offered only the modest of greetings and farewells as she slipped by.

Finally....where the 7th floor began, waiting by the ascending elevator, was the primary reason she had decided to take the stairs in the end. Her seat mate, the girl with the ghost. She needed to confirm something that she hadn't had time to do before....

Lucy slowed her pace just at the top of the stairs. "Hey...Suzan...." The soldier glanced around for a moment, eyeing up the local area for....

"....can I have a word with you before we leave...." Lucy motioned her head in the direction of the hallway leading to the ice machine. "Alone....if you don't mind..."
    Standing there counting the ascending numbers as the lift car pulled itself to the seventh, Suzie spotted the young woman with the guitar case and raised her hand, though something quickly froze her expression. She felt it turn its amber eyes as it slid itself beside her in the hall.

"...hullo~!" she said hurriedly, then...stumbled. "...I don't believe I got your name after all that."

Pursing her dark lips, her eyes flitted back and forth. Keep talking and the spirit won't get agitated...right? Ugh...

"Alone? Suppose that's fair," she said, "it's the least I can do for saving my life, yeah?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Just as she opened the stairwell fire door to the hall that had the elevator in it, the echo carried Vivian's shout from further down. It hit Suzie so stiffly, her bushy head swayed weakly like a palm tree caught in the breeze.

"...oh, there she goes...," she murmured. Straight after what she was after, there was something laudable in that kind of unaffected conviction. Going for the gusto, even for the little things...

Suppose she'll be well, though selection seems limited on the high street.

Standing there counting the ascending numbers as the lift car pulled itself to the seventh, Suzie spotted the young woman with the guitar case and raised her hand, though something quickly froze her expression. She felt it turn its amber eyes as it slid itself beside her in the hall.

"...hullo~!" she said hurriedly, then...stumbled. "...I don't believe I got your name after all that."

Pursing her dark lips, her eyes flitted back and forth. Keep talking and the spirit won't get agitated...right? Ugh...

"Alone? Suppose that's fair," she said, "it's the least I can do for saving my life, yeah?"
    "Good, please come this way then..." Lucy glanced back up the stairs, then motioned Suzie to follow and began walking further down the hallway. "...and please...don't assuming you owe me. You are family....correct?"

The girl paused mid stride, then continued on and turned the corner into the ice machine area.

Should Suzie deem it safe to follow, she'd find the girl fiddling with the ice machine, her back turned, and the guitar case placed off to the side against the wall....well within reach of her.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yes, Ukrainian Mafia, and I want my mother to have a better life away from them. She can't do that as long as she's in Ukraine. My mother's passion is ventriloquism. she loves doing it," Boris said.

" Jinny, when we were on that bus, I remember you said something about art molding. you might not have heard what I said because of the crazy bullshit that happen on that bus, so I'm going to tell you again now. Taking up art molding could be good for my mother," Boris said.

"It could be a good outlet to show off her wonderful puppet designs," Boris said.
    Jamie smiled as the conversation turned out not to be an uncomfortable one involving the Ukranian mafia and how his mother regularly murdered those who bullied the man (though she still got his granduncle to do so for her). But about how his mother's passion was ventriloquism and how he wanted to get her out of there so she she could follow it.

"That's sweet. You're a good son, Boris." Jamie said, then looked around and said "We should really get moving, get down from this roof so we can get you proper medical treatment. What I did was just a stopgap until we could get you to a hospital."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "..."

From someone who's... piss-poor vetting and organization of things effectively caused all of this in the first place, that look was ultimately... less than insignificant, similar to a certain other individual with memory problems. At least her words were... reasonable, if somewhat flavored by the circumstances.

Backed by Jinny's also reasonable response, they almost formed something worth caring about.

"Best of luck with that, then."

Almost.

"Assuming nothing else happens, I suppose I'll see the rest of you at the reading."

Gula then walked off.
    "Can't please them all," Debra said, not entirely sure what the girl's problem was. There wasn't much time to dwell on things though, as she and her bodyguard descended to the seventh floor.

Upon reaching the 7th floor, Suzie peeked her head through the stairwell exit.

"Look, there's a lift here on the Seventh," she said, "Suppose I'll call the car, and let Domo and the others ease their way down, yeah?"

Reflexively, she tapped two black nails onto the button and prepped to hold the elevator.
    Domo and Debra enter the elevator with the latter keeping a lookout for the others, "Hope they've noticed the sign," The older woman said, considering Boris' wounded leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Can't please them all," Debra said, not entirely sure what the girl's problem was. There wasn't much time to dwell on things though, as she and her bodyguard descended to the seventh floor.

Domo and Debra enter the elevator with the latter keeping a lookout for the others, "Hope they've noticed the sign," The older woman said, considering Boris' wounded leg.
    "Won't be long now," Suzie offered sheepishly to Domo, leaving Debra to hold the lift for the moment, "Best you get to ground level first."

From there, she shrank away from the button panel, and stole after Lucy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Good, please come this way then..." Lucy glanced back up the stairs, then motioned Suzie to follow and began walking further down the hallway. "...and please...don't assuming you owe me. You are family....correct?"

The girl paused mid stride, then continued on and turned the corner into the ice machine area.

Should Suzie deem it safe to follow, she'd find the girl fiddling with the ice machine, her back turned, and the guitar case placed off to the side against the wall....well within reach of her.
    Her heels shuffled over the floor, the clicking wheel of her roller getting closer as she rounded the corner. Suzie saw Lucy fiddling with the icemaker, and stopped just a step short, standing between her and her guitar case.

"...so, you always travel this prepared like?"

Retired Overlord

"Won't be long now," Suzie offered sheepishly to Domo, leaving Debra to hold the lift for the moment, "Best you get to ground level first."

From there, she shrank away from the button panel, and stole after Lucy.

Her heels shuffled over the floor, the clicking wheel of her roller getting closer as she rounded the corner. Suzie saw Lucy fiddling with the icemaker, and stopped just a step short, standing between her and her guitar case.

"...so, you always travel this prepared like?"
    "I wouldn't know...this is my first time traveling like this." Lucy turned, having scooped ice into a container...thought for what purpose Suzie could only imagine for the time being. "I am actually under geared for travel like this....but I didn't have the luxury of packing heavy."

The girl glanced down at the case on the floor behind Suzie. "I don't believe I have to make this point obvious, but since you saw....and if you are serious about repaying your life, I ask you to keep quiet for the time being about my case. It would trigger undue hostility from the others to know what I keep with me...and I doubt they'd believe my intentions after what's already happened. Understand?"

Lucy tilted her head, then seemed to smile. ".....are you interested in confirming the contents for yourself? I don't mind if you take a peek."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie smiled as the conversation turned out not to be an uncomfortable one involving the Ukranian mafia and how his mother regularly murdered those who bullied the man (though she still got his granduncle to do so for her). But about how his mother's passion was ventriloquism and how he wanted to get her out of there so she she could follow it.

"That's sweet. You're a good son, Boris." Jamie said, then looked around and said "We should really get moving, get down from this roof so we can get you proper medical treatment. What I did was just a stopgap until we could get you to a hospital."
    " Boris slowly stands up." Thanks, " Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel