Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I cannot say if Mr. Joestar had predicted every single action you all have taken," Hironobu replied, "He only relayed the cliff notes up to a certain point. As for his pride, perhaps I said that too loosely."

Pondering a moment, the teenager shifted in his seat before continuing, "Perhaps I should have said that he would have been proud of all of you for enduring everything up to this point. The fact that several of you have awakened your stands already speaks volumes."
    "He predict the strange woman who disappeared just before you walked in?" Vivian asked casually. "Had a curious case of fucking around where she shouldn't. Now Miguel's got a Ghost Puppy."

Sure it wasn't exactly a ghost puppy, but... close enough.

"Or Stand... whatever you wanna call it."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "He predict the strange woman who disappeared just before you walked in?" Vivian asked casually. "Had a curious case of fucking around where she shouldn't. Now Miguel's got a Ghost Puppy."

Sure it wasn't exactly a ghost puppy, but... close enough.

"Or Stand... whatever you wanna call it."
    "Strange woman? Certainly not in my notes," He shrugged, "Still, no matter. Those "ghost puppies" should prove useful in the future, regardless of origin."

"I cannot say if Mr. Joestar had predicted every single action you all have taken," Hironobu replied, "He only relayed the cliff notes up to a certain point. As for his pride, perhaps I said that too loosely."

Pondering a moment, the teenager shifted in his seat before continuing, "Perhaps I should have said that he would have been proud of all of you for enduring everything up to this point. The fact that several of you have awakened your stands already speaks volumes."
    "Awakened, I'd say more like woken up to. From what I've heard so far, nearly everyone here in this car has one of these Stands already. It's just a matter of being able to see them and interact with them." Jinny looked around at the others, "We all have felt it like someone was watching over us. I bet some of us have even had a guardian angel moment, a moment of unexplained good luck that kept us from being seriously injured or worse."

Jinny then turned to the young man, "I could be wrong of course, it's more of a hunch than anything else. A barely educated guess if you like." She then shrugged her right, uninjured shoulder.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Awakened, I'd say more like woken up to. From what I've heard so far, nearly everyone here in this car has one of these Stands already. It's just a matter of being able to see them and interact with them." Jinny looked around at the others, "We all have felt it like someone was watching over us. I bet some of us have even had a guardian angel moment, a moment of unexplained good luck that kept us from being seriously injured or worse."

Jinny then turned to the young man, "I could be wrong of course, it's more of a hunch than anything else. A barely educated guess if you like." She then shrugged her right, uninjured shoulder.
    "You don't have anything until you can control it," He corrected, the tone of his voice suggesting that the phrase has a personal meaning for him, "Every living thing has the potential for a 「Stand」but that doesn't mean they have one and to try and force something that shouldn't exist will only lead to misery."

"Strange woman? Certainly not in my notes," He shrugged, "Still, no matter. Those "ghost puppies" should prove useful in the future, regardless of origin."
    "For someone who seems to swear by the predictions of our father, a variable is probably worth more than a shrug." Vivian noted before shrugging.

"Not my problem though, I've got my **** sorted. Soon as the will reading's tended to, I'm off again."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"You don't have anything until you can control it," He corrected, the tone of his voice suggesting that the phrase has a personal meaning for him, "Every living thing has the potential for a 「Stand」but that doesn't mean they have one and to try and force something that shouldn't exist will only lead to misery."
    "Who said anything about using force?" Jinny seemed slightly surprised at his emotional outburst. "I take it that you have one?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

"....you need to stop talking...." Lucy mouth was covered to ward away what little smoke remained, so her voice was muted somewhat, but the volatile tone couldn't be suppressed. "...unless the grave you keep digging is for my fath..." Lucy winced. "....Mister Joestar."

Lucy visible flinched, then turned and pulled her jacket up to cover the expressed clawing its way onto her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Who said anything about using force?" Jinny seemed slightly surprised at his emotional outburst. "I take it that you have one?"
    " "It's just a matter of being able to see them and interact with them" ", Those were your words, no? Perhaps it was not your intent, but those words have been used as the foundation of many horrible... incidents."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....you need to stop talking...." Lucy mouth was covered to ward away what little smoke remained, so her voice was muted somewhat, but the volatile tone couldn't be suppressed. "...unless the grave you keep digging is for my fath..." Lucy winced. "....Mister Joestar."

Lucy visible flinched, then turned and pulled her jacket up to cover the expressed clawing its way onto her face.
    For once, Hironobu seemed to actually consider another's words, "Hm, yes. I tend to forget that I lack the charm and eloquence of those I admire," It was subtle, but Debra could be heard giving an amused huff, "... because of this, my attempts of defending your father have done as you say." Despite his words, the boy's appearance was not of reflection but of curiosity, as if he had discovered a fascinating facet of human emotion rather than realize how much of socially awkward ass he was.

Extraordinary Member

"These Stands fascinate me" John commented, his eyes closed in contemplation and his arms crossed, "I would love to study them."

Jamie sighed as she heard him say that, opening her eyes and stopping her attempt to meditate and find if she had a 'Stand'. It didn't seem to be working anyway, and it honestly looked to be a futile effort. So it seemed she was doomed to be useless in helping her newly-found siblings if those threatening them had these invisible things and were at all like the strange girl at the hospital.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "These Stands fascinate me" John commented, his eyes closed in contemplation and his arms crossed, "I would love to study them."
    "Bold words, Mr. Goode, but you would not be the first, nor the last to have that fascination. Do any of you even know what a「Stand」is?"

Extraordinary Member

"Bold words, Mr. Goode, but you would not be the first, nor the last to have that fascination. Do any of you even know what a「Stand」is?"
    "I know only what I have observed, and what I've been told. They a phenonema unknown to the general public, with abilities that demand the laws of physics be rewritten"

"A curse." Vivian muttered.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I know only what I have observed, and what I've been told. They a phenonema unknown to the general public, with abilities that demand the laws of physics be rewritten"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "A curse." Vivian muttered.
    "Both answers are wrong... and yet, they could be right." He let those words sink in a moment before continuing, "There are no facts about what stands are, only theories and superstitions. Some believe they are born of strong passions, others by a powerful fighting spirit, and then you have those who think they are derived from humans breathing in the ash left in Ocasek 678's wake. I have my own theory, of course, but this is hardly the place to discuss philosophy. Ultimately, what I am imploring you to take to heart is never assume you know the truth."

" You know what I believe from what you told us, I believe these stands are a part of the Evil Eye, or maybe opposing forces that protect against the Evil Eye. Well, that's my theory. I mean, since stands exist, it could mean the Evil Eye could exist as well. It's a big superstition in my home country Ukraine.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.