Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I know why I'm here, I'm personally here looking for a connection between my father Johannes Joestar and my grand uncle Nikola Sagan Kuvalda. So, why would I have any questions about why I'm here, just go on and read the damn will already," Boris said.
    Not wanting to debate any further the merits of consideration for others, Hironobu simply chose not to retort any further when it came to Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Will transportation out of here be provided or do I need to pay my own way?" Sandra asked from the back.
    A sigh of relief given; an actual question, "Whether or not you should choose to leave immediately after the reading or in the morning, there will be transportation provided that will take you home.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Not wanting to debate any further the merits of consideration for others, Hironobu simply chose not to retort any further when it came to Boris.

A sigh of relief given; an actual question, "Whether or not you should choose to leave immediately after the reading or in the morning, there will be transportation provided that will take you home.
    "Home." Sandra flinched and ran a hand through her hair. "Don't got a home. Can I just go anywhere in that case?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Home." Sandra flinched and ran a hand through her hair. "Don't got a home. Can I just go anywhere in that case?"
    "It shouldn't be too much of an issue, although you'll have to wait until the morning to depart. That and decide on a new destination."

"It shouldn't be too much of an issue, although you'll have to wait until the morning to depart. That and decide on a new destination."
    That wasn't good, but it seemed it couldn't be helped. While she wanted to leave that ****-show as soon as possible, going back to Germany was out of the question. As was Venezuela, but then, that was never even a consideration. "That's fine," she replied.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"So what's in this damn will anyways, I apparently should care so much about? Tell me one good reason why I should care about this will?" I mean I was sent an invitation to come here for this will, so it better be good, and not a waste of my time," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "So what's in this damn will anyways, I apparently should care so much about? Tell me one good reason why I should care about this will?" I mean I was sent an invitation to come here for this will, so it better be good, and not a waste of my time," Boris said.
    "Well, if you don't want any part of this reading or your inheritance, you are free to leave."

"Well, if you don't want any part of this reading or your inheritance, you are free to leave."
    " No, I'll stay. I want to hear the will. Leaving right now would be rude, and I have an interest in Johannes Joestar. Let's get something straight I consider myself a Kuvalda first and foremost," Boris said

"So I should care more about the inheritance on my mother's side, and yet here I'm because I'm more interested in the inheritance on my father's side," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"Then don't ask," Hironobu retorted, "Although you've been apparently shouting at the walls about folklore anyway."

"If your stand is lacking, then that is clearly a fault on your end. This makes you a shitty egg."

Sighing, the teenager decided to reword his question,

"Do we have any legitimate questions pertaining to why we are here?"
    Slowly, Suzie raised her hand.

"I can't speak for everybody, but this reading is exactly the reason why I've found myself here. Suppose anything else would be secondary to that, right?"

She lowered her gaze for a moment, then added, "though regarding the manner of peculiar abilities, these Stands in particular, have you got a way to make sure nobody else will be listening in with...something along those lines?"

She was fumbling with the words, but she'd presumed everyone in this room indeed had one of these spirits, for better or for worse.

"...your Stand, perhaps?"

Retired Overlord

Glancing up from his watch, Hironobu nodded to the staff who proceeded to close and lock the doors. If anyone had been late for the reading, it was rather unfortunate now.

"Until this reading has concluded, no one will be excused to leave. This meeting comes complete with a bathroom before anyone tries to use that complaint. Also, you will find any device that relies on an outside signal will no longer work. This is to ensure that nothing learned will leave this room until matters are concluded. With that said, for those of you just joining us, I am Hironobu Higashikata, executor of Mr. Johannes Joestar's estate, and will be guiding you all through Mr. Joestar's last will and testament."

Pausing to allow all of that information to sink in, he would proceed shortly after, "Before we begin, is there any questions?"
    "If your stand is lacking, then that is clearly a fault on your end. This makes you a shitty egg."

Sighing, the teenager decided to reword his question,

"Do we have any legitimate questions pertaining to why we are here?"

"I can't speak for everybody, but this reading is exactly the reason why I've found myself here. Suppose anything else would be secondary to that, right?"

She lowered her gaze for a moment, then added, "though regarding the manner of peculiar abilities, these Stands in particular, have you got a way to make sure nobody else will be listening in with...something along those lines?"

She was fumbling with the words, but she'd presumed everyone in this room indeed had one of these spirits, for better or for worse.

"If it makes you feel any better I have eyes on the parameter." Lucy learned to the side and addressed Suzie from her seat. "But I suppose some additional security assurances wouldn't be amiss....like whatever was keeping the study room sealed last night." There was a subtle tone of aggravation in her voice as soon as the seal came up.

Weather she had been prodding the security ineffectually overnight remained only a hunch, but clearly she wasn't accustomed or particularly thrilled by locked room mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "If it makes you feel any better I have eyes on the parameter." Lucy learned to the side and addressed Suzie from her seat. "But I suppose some additional security assurances wouldn't be amiss....like whatever was keeping the study room sealed last night." There was a subtle tone of aggravation in her voice as soon as the seal came up.

Weather she had been prodding the security ineffectually overnight remained only a hunch, but clearly she wasn't accustomed or particularly thrilled by locked room mysteries.
    "For the sake of those unaware of what you're referring to, I will not go into detail. Just be aware that this room is secure from the outside as of right now."

Pocketing his watch, the boy seemed to be satisfied with whatever preparations he was waiting on.

"If that is the last of the questions, I will proceed with the reading of Mr. Joestar's final will and testament."

Turning to the side and nodding, two members of the staff rolled over a tall stand with a large black box on it. It appeared to be made of plastic, save for the one convex pane of glass facing them, its surface reflecting a distorted view of those in its sight. One of the staff plugged in a cord to the wall outlet, causing the screen to come to life, although it was only static, a faint buzzing noise coming from it.

Placing a briefcase on the table, Hironobu popped opened and lock and produced a rectangular piece of plastic.

"Mr. Joestar was always a fan of the classics, although I suspect he chose this medium due to it being all but forgotten in this day and age."

Beneath the large, buzzing box, was a smaller one in which Hironobu inserted the rectangle into, causing the screen above to cease with its static. In its place was the face of the man who had fathered most of those in the room, Johannes Joestar.

"Is this on? Oh! It is."

Stepping back, most would recognize the surroundings he stood in as the parlor as he took a seat beside the fireplace.

"Greetin's, I am Johannes Montgomery Joestar. For most of you, this will be the first... and, unfortunately, the last time we'll meet. Now, before we get to the sappy stuff, I suppose I needta deal with business first."

Slipping on a pair of reading glasses, he looked to a piece of paper.

"To Hironobu Higashikata, Amon Amarth, Grandmaster Flash, Good Charolette, and Celine Dion, I am bequeathing one-sixth of the Speedwagon Foundation to each of you. By the time of this reading, all of you should be acquainted with your roles. As for the final sixth, I bequeath to my dear friend, Amon."
    Hironobu audibly groaned, "Two Amons? How inconvenient."

The emperor penguin stood up on his chair, although it was uncertain whether this was an act of victory or just responding to the sound of his own name.

"For the sake of those unaware of what you're referring to, I will not go into detail. Just be aware that this room is secure from the outside as of right now."

Pocketing his watch, the boy seemed to be satisfied with whatever preparations he was waiting on.

"If that is the last of the questions, I will proceed with the reading of Mr. Joestar's final will and testament."

Turning to the side and nodding, two members of the staff rolled over a tall stand with a large black box on it. It appeared to be made of plastic, save for the one convex pane of glass facing them, its surface reflecting a distorted view of those in its sight. One of the staff plugged in a cord to the wall outlet, causing the screen to come to life, although it was only static, a faint buzzing noise coming from it.

Placing a briefcase on the table, Hironobu popped opened and lock and produced a rectangular piece of plastic.

"Mr. Joestar was always a fan of the classics, although I suspect he chose this medium due to it being all but forgotten in this day and age."

Beneath the large, buzzing box, was a smaller one in which Hironobu inserted the rectangle into, causing the screen above to cease with its static. In its place was the face of the man who had fathered most of those in the room, Johannes Joestar.

The emperor penguin stood up on his chair, although it was uncertain whether this was an act of victory or just responding to the sound of his own name.
    Several thoughts, which may have played out somewhat through her facial expressions, crossed her mind while this was happening. The first was that she had been correct and was grateful for being so in that this was a video will, in a manner of speaking. It was both sad and a relief to have had a chance to see and hear Johannes at least once, even if it was after his passing.

The next thought was that it was reasonable he would divide his foundation among those who had worked with him on it, however, including the penguin in that group was unexpected. She had assumed that Amon would inherit something, but inheriting a seat on the board of directors was unusual. Even more surprising was that Johannes divided up the Foundation six ways. "How can they ever come to a decision if they are split 50-50? Five or seven might have made more sense." Jinny shrugged slightly, reminding herself that this was none of her business and trusting that Johannes knew what he was doing.

She did smile slightly at Hironobu's groan, knowing that he'd figure this little problem out on his own eventually.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

One thing Sandra had been wondering about since last night had been answered by the video. The penguin was Joestar's friend. Good friend, apparently; so, like, a pet, she assumed. Which made him leaving 1/6th of the Speedwagon Foundation to it absolutely mind-blowing.

"A fucking penguin? Seriously?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Oh, I think my granduncle has one of those, and wow He looks almost as old as my granduncle, I say he looks seven years younger than my granduncle," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

One thing Sandra had been wondering about since last night had been answered by the video. The penguin was Joestar's friend. Good friend, apparently; so, like, a pet, she assumed. Which made him leaving 1/6th of the Speedwagon Foundation to it absolutely mind-blowing.

"A fucking penguin? Seriously?"
    "His ability to eat is commendable, I see no issue with this." Vivian responded, sagely.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Pensively, Suzie lowered her hand and nodded her head.

In other words, the Stands will still set us apart...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

"...suppose we shall find out in time, won't we?"

Even as the words left her, and Lucy's many-eyed Diamond Sky served to provide some level of oversight, knowing what had happened last night - to say nothing of matters still untended to as she had indicated - still had her on edge.

For now, all she could do was keep her eyes open and listen keenly.

||
    "Is this on? Oh! It is."

Stepping back, most would recognize the surroundings he stood in as the parlor as he took a seat beside the fireplace.

"Greetin's, I am Johannes Montgomery Joestar. For most of you, this will be the first... and, unfortunately, the last time we'll meet. Now, before we get to the sappy stuff, I suppose I needta deal with business first."

Slipping on a pair of reading glasses, he looked to a piece of paper.

"To Hironobu Higashikata, Amon Amarth, Grandmaster Flash, Good Charolette, and Celine Dion, I am bequeathing one-sixth of the Speedwagon Foundation to each of you. By the time of this reading, all of you should be acquainted with your roles. As for the final sixth, I bequeath to my dear friend, Amon."
    ||

It was one thing to see a picture of the man, but to see him move, to hear his voice as he spoke with that rustic drawl, on the surface it seemed he was very much Debra's big, sweet puppy-dog of a man. The moment the spectacles went on and listed the names of the board members, Suzie surveyed the head table at the front of the room, glossing over each of the names in turn.

Celine Dion. What a strange name.

Seeing the penguin stand tall turned her head his way. Perhaps there was some subtle intelligence behind those glassy bird-eyes of Amon?

"He certainly was a man of peculiar vision, wasn't he," she remarked to Lucy in a whisper, folding the fingers escaping her netted gloves and listened to the further proceedings.