Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she spoke, Jinny's phone rang. Carefully pulling it out from her bag with her right hand without moving her left too much, she noted who was calling and answered the phone.

The phone call was from her friend in New York, Brian.

Before she could say more than two words, he began talking softly yet clearly, obviously not wanting to risk being overheard.

Jinny listened to what he had to say, only acknowledging it with an occasional single word response, and an occasional raising of an eyebrow or slight nod of her head.

After several minutes, they ended the call, Jinny making a promise she couldn't be sure that she could keep to stay safe, a promise that was more for him than for her.

She then hung up the call, and placed the phone back in her bag, thinking over what he said as she did.

" Did your great grandparents believe in something called the Evil Eye? Growing up back in my home country, My mother, granduncle, and pretty much every Ukrainian believed in something called The Evil Eye. My mother and grand uncle told me growing up I should do this and that to protect myself from the Evil Eye. I always wonder growing up if the Evil Eye was actually real, " Boris said.

" But after all the strange stuff that has happen, I'm inclined to believe my mother and granduncle. The Evil Eye might actually exist," Boris said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-21-2021 at 04:34 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.