Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hey, Boris. It looks like it's time for dinner, and you don't want to be late for that." Jinny called to him as she waited for Debra to lead the way.
    " Dinner, huh, I'll be right there," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Another set of chimes went off as they began to collectively gather towards the dining room; it wasn't particularly hard to find as it was just on the opposite side of the hall from the library and it just so happened to have a visible commotion. On each side of the hallway, a line of staff members stood, bowed slightly as the guests passed, and once through the double doors, they would find themselves in a rather stereotypical dining room. A long massive table dominated the room, whose decor was plain save for a few interesting paintings or objects designed to break up the monotony of bare walls on one side of the room while the other's walls housed large windows which looked out to the garden and ranch lands beyond.

Half of the dining table had been converted into what could be considered a buffet, with dishes, sides, desserts, and other manner of foods varying in culture to the point that some of the heirs might have confused it with their own local meals. The other half, still spacious despite the loss of table space, would provide a place to sit and eat. Surprisingly, there were people already there although none of them were familiar to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Another set of chimes went off as they began to collectively gather towards the dining room; it wasn't particularly hard to find as it was just on the opposite side of the hall from the library and it just so happened to have a visible commotion. On each side of the hallway, a line of staff members stood, bowed slightly as the guests passed, and once through the double doors, they would find themselves in a rather stereotypical dining room. A long massive table dominated the room, whose decor was plain save for a few interesting paintings or objects designed to break up the monotony of bare walls on one side of the room while the other's walls housed large windows which looked out to the garden and ranch lands beyond.

Half of the dining table had been converted into what could be considered a buffet, with dishes, sides, desserts, and other manner of foods varying in culture to the point that some of the heirs might have confused it with their own local meals. The other half, still spacious despite the loss of table space, would provide a place to sit and eat. Surprisingly, there were people already there although none of them were familiar to the group.
    Having not eaten since leaving for this place, Jinny was not shy about walking over to the buffet side of the table. Finding a plate, she scanned the selection and chose the Chicken Yakitori and Rice, sauteed asparagus, and a slice of the Creamy Spinach stuffed Garlic Salmon.

Finding a seat, she placed her dish on the table, limited by only having the use of one hand, and went back a few times to get a slice of New York-style Cheesecake, a glass of water, and a glass of Rosé Wine before sitting down at her seat.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-27-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

John considered having some Boiled peanuts, but decided against them, as they did not seem like a food to eat with Dinner. Instead, he helped himself to several slices of cheese pizza with stuffed crust

The sound of the bell carrying through the air cause Suzie to pause as if the toll's melody had suddenly struck her. Blinking stiffly, she held her eyes shut for a moment and took a slow breath.

Bloody hell, almost forgot where I was for a second. The bleary, gummy feeling in her tired eyes welled to droplets for a moment. Their stepmother had mentioned dinner, but that was the furthest thing from her mind. Hot shower...bed...I'd even take a spot on the chesterfield...

Following Debra's lead into the long hallway lined with the fanciful display of what she supposed were the remainders of Johannes Joestar's objets-d'art which could be spared from the library proper, the view of the evening in the sparsely furnished room was to her view by far the most picturesque thing. Even now Suzie could still see the firelies where they gathered, blinking and flickering in response to the call of another...

It was around this time that she became all too aware of the staff waiting on them, catching the eye of dutiful men and women aligned in an attendant row.

"Uh, hullo." A small wave, then she lowered her head before taking a seat.

"...say, has anybody seen Lucy?"

The length of the day with the trauma of the bus and the confrontation with the little OSS officer with her Stand had already wrung Suzie's mind ragged, and that was without the length of customs and flight from Heathrow to O'Hare, and O'Hare to Dallas Fort Worth. About all she'd had the appetite for today was a pack of crisps at the truck stop and a carpaccio salad at the Cattail Grill.

All the way to Texas, and she'd only had her beef sliced thin, raw, and cold; the heady smell of smoke and grease made her noxious at the best of times, but after leaving the Weathermaker family behind she hadn't much mind for food at the time.

So she was quite surprised that among the eclectic plates and serving trayes, she caught the smell of home in a most particular way. It started with a whiff of bloomed saffron and turmeric in something starchy, but there among the spread, capped golden brown amid split long grains of rice and surrounded by lavash flatbread it stood.

"...is that a tahdig?"

Gingerly, she pricked the surface with a spoon, delicately breaking the fried-on crust like a pie, and took a portion of it, and surrounding it, unmistakably sour, savoury, and aromatic...kashk eggplant dip!

By the time she'd taken a seat, a small collection of plates and sauces filled Suzie's tray. Lamb and chickpea stew, greens from the garden, nd something that followed out of the Thames - of all things, a ramekin filled with jellied eel.

"...'pardon," she said to one of the waitstaff, "might I have a cup of coffee? Black, no sugar."

"Picadillo? For real? Y'all really went all out here," Miguel noted, taking a plate and beginning to help himself. Thinking it'd be rude not to address the people already present, he simply nodded and stated, "Afternoon."

Jamie looked over the various food items before going with what some would consider plain considering all the options placed before her: a cheeseburger and some french fries. Taking her plate, she moved down to the sitting part of the long table. Taking an empty seat, she began eating silently, enjoying her admittedly simple meal as wondered what exactly was going to happen at the actual will reading, especially after everything that happened just getting here.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Having not eaten since leaving for this place, Jinny was not shy about walking over to the buffet side of the table. Finding a plate, she scanned the selection and chose the Chicken Yakitori and Rice, sauteed asparagus, and a slice of the Creamy Spinach stuffed Garlic Salmon.

Finding a seat, she placed her dish on the table, limited by only having the use of one hand, and went back a few times to get a slice of New York-style Cheesecake, a glass of water, and a glass of Rosé Wine before sitting down at her seat.
    Having chosen food that required no use of a knife, Jinny was looking forward to enjoying her meal. Before she did, she looked around at the others, especially at those she did not know. "Hello," She spoke to those at the table, "I'm Wen Jinghu," she spoke her legal name with a distinct Cantonese accent, then shifted back to a more New Jersey accent, "though I usually go by my English name, Jinny Wen. I wish to thank the Foundation for providing us with this meal."

Once she made her greeting, she picked up her fork and gently broke off a piece of the salmon. Taking a bite, she savored it as she finished it, then smiled, "It is very good, my compliments to the chef." she then put her fork down, took a sip of water, then continued to eat slowly, enjoying the food.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-27-2021 at 09:37 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Currywurst?" The moment she entered the dining room, her nose picked up the smell of fried sausage slathered with ketchup and curry powder. Her stomach growled with anticipation, prompting her to hurriedly fill half her plate with the delectable sausages. Naturally, she had a side of fries to go along with it.

Who the hell are these guys? she wondered as she sat down to start eating. She watched them out of the corner of eye.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Boris chooses his food, a Paska, a Borschet, Varenyky, a bunch of Holubtis rolls, Holodets, Deruny, Chicken Kyvi, Nalesniki, all Ukraine dishes. Boris sits down, starts enjoying a Holubtis. ( yum Holubtis my favorite) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

The sound of the bell carrying through the air cause Suzie to pause as if the toll's melody had suddenly struck her. Blinking stiffly, she held her eyes shut for a moment and took a slow breath.

Bloody hell, almost forgot where I was for a second. The bleary, gummy feeling in her tired eyes welled to droplets for a moment. Their stepmother had mentioned dinner, but that was the furthest thing from her mind. Hot shower...bed...I'd even take a spot on the chesterfield...

Following Debra's lead into the long hallway lined with the fanciful display of what she supposed were the remainders of Johannes Joestar's objets-d'art which could be spared from the library proper, the view of the evening in the sparsely furnished room was to her view by far the most picturesque thing. Even now Suzie could still see the firelies where they gathered, blinking and flickering in response to the call of another...

It was around this time that she became all too aware of the staff waiting on them, catching the eye of dutiful men and women aligned in an attendant row.

"Uh, hullo." A small wave, then she lowered her head before taking a seat.

"...say, has anybody seen Lucy?"
    "I have." Came a quiet response, immediately overshadowed by a sound one might have compared to the Yucatan Impact as a plate landed on the table next to Suzie with a kitchen sink style pile of at least a quarter of the available food at the table. Taking a seat, Lucy adjusted her plate a little before giving Suzie a curious glance.

"Sorry, was a little behind...it is a big house." Lucy didn't elaborate, but she seemed to have dirt marks on her clothes that suggested she had been crawling in a rather tight position.

The meat on the table stood no chance.

Vivian had come.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Having chosen food that required no use of a knife, Jinny was looking forward to enjoying her meal. Before she did, she looked around at the others, especially at those she did not know. "Hello," She spoke to those at the table, "I'm Wen Jinghu," she spoke her legal name with a distinct Cantonese accent, then shifted back to a more New Jersey accent, "though I usually go by my English name, Jinny Wen. I wish to thank the Foundation for providing us with this meal."

Once she made her greeting, she picked up her fork and gently broke off a piece of the salmon. Taking a bite, she savored it as she finished it, then smiled, "It is very good, my compliments to the chef." she then put her fork down, took a sip of water, then continued to eat slowly, enjoying the food.
    Noticing the arrival of the remaining members of the 'family', Jinny stood up and went back to the buffet. There was something there she had noticed before and now desired to supplement her meal with it.

Taking a bowl from the available dishes, she carefully ladled out a serving of Shepherd’s Purse Tofu Soup, one of the few recipes her mother occasionally made for her. Her mother was not one to spend much time in the kitchen, seeing as how she had employed Sonya to do most of the dinner cooking.

Bringing it to her seat, she set it down and continued to enjoy her meal.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris chooses his food, a Paska, a Borschet, Varenyky, a bunch of holubtsirolls, Holodets, Deruny, Chicken Kyvi, Nalesniki, all Ukraine dishes. Boris sits down, starts enjoying a holubtsi. ( yum holubtsi my favorite) Boris thought.
    " Does any one want to try a holubtsi, anyone, because holubtsi great. Boiled cabbaged stuffed with minced pork, fried carrots, mushrooms, and cooked rice. Cooked in chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, covering Podliva sauce, then baked. Well that's how my mother makes it," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Drinks were provided by the staff upon request, who otherwise stood against the wall, almost as if they were merely another part of the decor. The only other interaction they would have with the staff was the distribution of name tags, which would identify the newcomers (although technically they were already in the room, so oldcomers?) by name-basis at the very least.

Among the "new" faces were:
    Huey Lewis: A military man judging by the fatigues he wore; humorously, thanks to his uniform he was now wearing his name in two places.
    Sunny Bono: A young woman with a dark complexion, who seemed more wary about her surroundings than her food
    King Diamond: Despite his name, he seemed relatively normal with his light blue polo shirt. Unlike his neighbor, Sunny, he seemed pretty relaxed all things considered.
    Lars Ulrich: An older man, who seemed content to stare at the ceiling, possibly nursing a hangover.
    Shizuka Joestar: Seems strange to see someone with the actual Joestar surname, despite all of them being supposedly related. Even stranger was that her name tag was really the only thing they would remember, her features drawing a complete blank.

And lastly,

One would have found it impossible to not have seen the emperor penguin seated at the table gulping down fish from a bucket, but it appeared to have been exactly that case. Further examination would find a similar, albeit smaller name tag on the animal, which simply read, "Amon", making the name a popular one.

It was difficult to really put a name to the feeling in the air of this dinner, excited, awkward, both? Either way, having traveled quite a ways to get here, it seemed like the best course of the action was to make merry for the time being.