Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Jinny's comment seemed to catch the teenager off guard, as he leaned forward in his seat.

"An electricity-based stand you say? A girl... by chance are you referring to an actual child-like girl? Dressed in lolita fashion?"

Stroking his chin in thought, Hironobu almost seemed concerned... almost. It was hard to really gauge any other emotions than stoic smugness from the boy.
    Turning her attention from Jamie to Hiro, "Huh, yeah, yes that sounds like her. Do you know anything about her?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Turning her attention from Jamie to Hiro, "Huh, yeah, yes that sounds like her. Do you know anything about her?"
    "I know a lot of things about her... but all you should know for now is that you were very lucky to have survived encountering her."

For once, he seemed to put his cell phone to use, firing off a quick text to some unknown recipient.

Extraordinary Member

"I know a lot of things about her... but all you should know for now is that you were very lucky to have survived encountering her."

For once, he seemed to put his cell phone to use, firing off a quick text to some unknown recipient.
    "It seems like luck is the only thing that has kept us alive in these battles. Both and girl and Toby Keith are still alive. There's nothing stopping them from coming after us again"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "It seems like luck is the only thing that has kept us alive in these battles. Both and girl and Toby Keith are still alive. There's nothing stopping them from coming after us again"
    "Perhaps... as of right now, you're all probably being targetted because of your 「Potential」. After the reading, depending on your choices, you will either be worthless to those who once sought you out, or... well... that doesn't matter right now."

Glancing to his pocket watch, he gave a sigh of relief, "Half an hour left until we arrive."

"Perhaps... as of right now, you're all probably being targetted because of your 「Potential」. After the reading, depending on your choices, you will either be worthless to those who once sought you out, or... well... that doesn't matter right now."

Glancing to his pocket watch, he gave a sigh of relief, "Half an hour left until we arrive."
    "Potential? Sought us out?" Rubbing her eyes with her good hand, Jinny then looked around at the others, before addressing Hiro again, "I always figured there was more behind my mother's decision to suddenly leave Hong Kong than simply changing careers. Her memoirs hinted at it. Perhaps, if she had more time..." her voice trails off to a sigh.

"Potential? Do you mean one of those invisible "Stand" things? Or do we have 'Potential' for something else?" Jamie asked curiously.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Potential? Sought us out?" Rubbing her eyes with her good hand, Jinny then looked around at the others, before addressing Hiro again, "I always figured there was more behind my mother's decision to suddenly leave Hong Kong than simply changing careers. Her memoirs hinted at it. Perhaps, if she had more time..." her voice trails off to a sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Potential? Do you mean one of those invisible "Stand" things? Or do we have 'Potential' for something else?" Jamie asked curiously.
    "Neither of those matters to what I'm talking about, but it is not my place to tell you. Your father will tomorrow."

Dwelling on Jamie's words, he added, "Some of you seem to think that a stand is the answer to everything... the missing piece of the puzzle of your lives. It is not your savior, it is you, your strengths and flaws made manifest. For those of you who have one, keep that in mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "...that's what I've been trying to tell you," Suzie sighed. "Moreover, I wouldn't say it was luck, but Lucy and Jinny's manifested efforts which-"

She paused, pinched her tired brow, and slugged back more coffee.

"...pardon, I'd forgotten you can't see them, I must sound like a crazy person."

"Neither of those matters to what I'm talking about, but it is not my place to tell you. Your father will tomorrow."

Dwelling on Jamie's words, he added, "Some of you seem to think that a stand is the answer to everything... the missing piece of the puzzle of your lives. It is not your savior, it is you, your strengths and flaws made manifest. For those of you who have one, keep that in mind."
    Suzie tilt her head stiffly toward Hironobu and curled her knees in with a shallow whimper. Night Fever. Loathing. Death. Stand. Disparate notions floated through her mind, and all the while, the spirit lurked within her.

Your strengths and flaws made manifest. If that was what this strange creature truly was, something generated from deep within, it only filled her with greater dread as the limousine moved down the road.

"It's entirely too much to take this on all at once. I suppose a video will might clarify these matters a touch."

(Potential Huh, I figure I have my granduncle's luck. That man seemed to survive just about anything throw at him and could get out of any jam. Well's it's was either that, or he's a straight-up monster) Boris thought.

( My granduncle has been stab and shot so many times, he should be dead a hundred times over. The man has survived being set on fire and survived a poison powerful enough to kill an elephant. Taken out a dozen of arm guys with automatic weapons with just an axe) Boris thought.

(Seventy-nine years and that old man is still kicking. My granduncle could have killed me back then, but he didn't. He never even tried to stop me from leaving Ukraine. He just let me go) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...that's what I've been trying to tell you," Suzie sighed. "Moreover, I wouldn't say it was luck, but Lucy and Jinny's manifested efforts which-"

She paused, pinched her tired brow, and slugged back more coffee.

"...pardon, I'd forgotten you can't see them, I must sound like a crazy person."

Suzie tilt her head stiffly toward Hironobu and curled her knees in with a shallow whimper. Night Fever. Loathing. Death. Stand. Disparate notions floated through her mind, and all the while, the spirit lurked within her.

Your strengths and flaws made manifest. If that was what this strange creature truly was, something generated from deep within, it only filled her with greater dread as the limousine moved down the road.

"It's entirely too much to take this on all at once. I suppose a video will might clarify these matters a touch."
    "You're not insane. You simply know things that are not public knowledge"

Shaking her head, Jinny leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes again. Dealing with this kid was wearing her down. It was all she could do to keep her emotions in check, to bite her tongue and stay silent. Hiro has the kind of personality that grates on her nerves, and right now her nerves are frazzled enough as it is.

After a moment, she opened her eyes again, "If you have nothing useful to say," she spoke to Hiro, a hint of emotion in her voice, "if you can't or won't answer any questions, then admit it and say nothing." she then closed her eyes again, wanting nothing more right not then to arrive at their destination and get out of this crowded car. It was starting to feel almost claustrophobic, even though she'd never had a problem with that before.

Shaking her head, Jinny leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes again. Dealing with this kid was wearing her down. It was all she could do to keep her emotions in check, to bite her tongue and stay silent. Hiro has the kind of personality that grates on her nerves, and right now her nerves are frazzled enough as it is.

After a moment, she opened her eyes again, "If you have nothing useful to say," she spoke to Hiro, a hint of emotion in her voice, "if you can't or won't answer any questions, then admit it and say nothing." she then closed her eyes again, wanting nothing more right not then to arrive at their destination and get out of this crowded car. It was starting to feel almost claustrophobic, even though she'd never had a problem with that before.
    "Nothing useful... bold of you to say that, Miss Wen Jinghu. You've seen just a portion of what is to come and here you're already guessing at conclusions. Do you think that just because you've awoken you stand, you can run the show?"

He let the words hang in the air, his amusement evident.

"Nothing useful... bold of you to say that, Miss Wen Jinghu. You've seen just a portion of what is to come and here you're already guessing at conclusions. Do you think that just because you've awoken you stand, you can run the show?"

He let the words hang in the air, his amusement evident.
    Opening her eyes again, she gave him a glaring look that would cause lesser men to turn tail and run. "The only thing I control is my own life. You assume much for someone who talks in circles and speaks down to us like we were children. Perhaps you are privy to knowledge we don't yet have, perhaps you do have background reports on us, but that doesn't mean you know everything either. It's the height of arrogance to act as if you are omniscient. Especially when all you do is drop breadcrumbs and tells us to wait."

Jinny then took a slow, quiet breath, "I don't like being toyed with, or treated disrespectfully, especially by one so much younger than me. If you wish for me to treat you with respect, then you must earn it, and so far you are not doing a very good job. If you wish for me to tolerate you, then I will simply tolerate you as an end to a means. It is your choice, do you want us to be on good terms? Or do you want to continue to play games? If it's the latter then find someone else to play it with."

Opening her eyes again, she gave him a glaring look that would cause lesser men to turn tail and run. "The only thing I control is my own life. You assume much for someone who talks in circles and speaks down to us like we were children. Perhaps you are privy to knowledge we don't yet have, perhaps you do have background reports on us, but that doesn't mean you know everything either. It's the height of arrogance to act as if you are omniscient. Especially when all you do is drop breadcrumbs and tells us to wait."

Jinny then took a slow, quiet breath, "I don't like being toyed with, or treated disrespectfully, especially by one so much younger than me. If you wish for me to treat you with respect, then you must earn it, and so far you are not doing a very good job. If you wish for me to tolerate you, then I will simply tolerate you as an end to a means. It is your choice, do you want us to be on good terms? Or do you want to continue to play games? If it's the latter then find someone else to play it with."
    "Respect? Frankly, I don't care about your respect. Could have swore I mentioned that earlier," He replied, stroking his chin in thought, "I am here because of Mr. Joestar's wishes. Should and once we part ways, I will forget you exist. The same goes for the rest of you. Now, as for these bread crumbs you speak of... you may consider it playing a game, in that case, you're playing hopscotch at the edge of a cliff. I am just merely informing you of said cliff and that soon you will either stop before the fall or take the plunge."

With that said, he looked as if he was finally going to give them some peace of quiet, yet he chose to shoot one last remark, "By the way, my arrogance isn't because of the knowledge I'm dangling over your heads. It's because I just recently got a promotion and the power is getting to my head."

"Respect? Frankly, I don't care about your respect. Could have swore I mentioned that earlier," He replied, stroking his chin in thought, "I am here because of Mr. Joestar's wishes. Should and once we part ways, I will forget you exist. The same goes for the rest of you. Now, as for these bread crumbs you speak of... you may consider it playing a game, in that case, you're playing hopscotch at the edge of a cliff. I am just merely informing you of said cliff and that soon you will either stop before the fall or take the plunge."

With that said, he looked as if he was finally going to give them some peace of quiet, yet he chose to shoot one last remark, "By the way, my arrogance isn't because of the knowledge I'm dangling over your heads. It's because I just recently got a promotion and the power is getting to my head."
    "You really should have a Doctor look at the swollen head of yours. If it gets any bigger, you might topple over."

Jinny smirked, then shrugged with her good shoulder, "Let me guess, Daddy Joestar left you control of the entire Institute."