Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "I'd rather not, frankly the length of these last two days has been far too much," Suzie said. Abruptly,「Jigsaw Feeling」manifest beside her, a subtle demon hovering behind as a second shadow. Awkwardly, she gestured behind her.

"Can...can you see it? The Stand? If not, perhaps it'd be best to stay apart from this...I would be remiss not to do anything, but I don't know if I can..."

As much as paranoia, she was clearly fraught with indecision.
    Vivian twitched, before exhaling a plume of smoke directly at 「Jigsaw Feeling」. "Should get that looked at, maybe." Cat was out of the bag now, though. No sense turning tail. She had a full meal anyway.

"Let's go help the siblings."

With that, the organic smokestack took off down the hall.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    The end of the axe smacks Boris in the face, causing Boris to drop the axe on involuntary reaction. Now the reason Boris drop the axe was because of a thing called a startle reflex. When the blunt of the axe him in the face.

This shocked him, trigging his startle reflex.
    John's Stand grabbed the Axe, and brought it over to John. John looked back to Jinny and Jamie, and noticed how much their fight had progressed. The battle was too chaotic for him to be comfortable with his original plan.

Instead, John decided to focus on keep Boris restrained for the time being. He sent his Stand over to Boris, and had it take home of the back of Boris shirt with one hand and touch the floor with the other, charging both and pinning Boris in place.

When it had grabbed the axe, it had done so by the wooden handle of it, meaning that his powers weren't true magnetism, but and imitation of it. That was why this method of restaint worked, though it did require that John's Stand stay close to Boris to keep the charge up.

A sharp clack of wood striking wood echoed down the hallway as unfamiliar figures approached the scuffle.

"What is that idiot Hironobu doing?" Came a grumbly voice from the one up-front, an old bald man with a long wispy beard that reached his sternum, "He must know about this... probably thinks it'll settle itself out... clearly figured it was near my room and wanted me to lose a night's sleep just to spite me!" Behind the old man to his right was a younger man, perhaps in his early twenties and much like the older one, was dressed in traditional Chinese changshans.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    The end of the axe smacks Boris in the face, causing Boris to drop the axe on involuntary reaction. Now the reason Boris drop the axe was because of a thing called a startle reflex. When the blunt of the axe him in the face.

This shocked him, trigging his startle reflex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John's Stand grabbed the Axe, and brought it over to John. John looked back to Jinny and Jamie, and noticed how much their fight had progressed. The battle was too chaotic for him to be comfortable with his original plan.

Instead, John decided to focus on keep Boris restrained for the time being. He sent his Stand over to Boris, and had it take home of the back of Boris shirt with one hand and touch the floor with the other, charging both and pinning Boris in place.

When it had grabbed the axe, it had done so by the wooden handle of it, meaning that his powers weren't true magnetism, but and imitation of it. That was why this method of restaint worked, though it did require that John's Stand stay close to Boris to keep the charge up.
    As John sent Miracles over to restrain Boris, the latter, startled by the shock of being struck, produced a similar tendril of black-tar that had come from Jamie when attacked by Jinny. Just like his half-sister, the black substance grew and twisted, contorted, and settled into a humanoid form. Another stand had been born.

"Sifu," The young man said, "Allow me to handle this and you can head back to bed."

"No," The old man grumbled, "I'm already awake, but this will prove good practice for you to fight against these guǐhún. Gza-Rza, show them your hamon."
    "As you wish, sifu."

Drawing in a deep lungful of air, the one named Gza-Rza vanished from view, only to materialize into view next to Boris, having deemed his awakening stand a priority, "Sunrise Orange Overdrive!" A knife-hand strike smashed into Boris' left cage of ribs and the Ukrainian would feel a sudden warmth fill his body. That warmth, first gentle, roared in intensity until it felt like he was being burned alive from the inside, but then, it just stopped. The heat was gone and with it, the influence that had once controlled him.

"Sifu, you were right; another guǐhún is at work here. I felt it briefly through my hamon as it left this man's body."

The old man grumbled something under his breath, "... incompetent fools."

With Boris dealt with, Gza-Rza turned his gaze towards Jinny and Jamie's direction.

----
    OOC: Boris is now free of the unknown influence, his stand awakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Jamie paused, she would find herself lifted up with the sensation that the world itself had distorted and bulged underneath her. Higher and higher, then vanishing, sending her falling as if through the air and crashing down hard onto an unseen solid surface.

As this happened, Jinny seemed to vanish, merging into the painted landscape.
    Jamie groaned slightly as her head swam from the impact, stars exploding in her vision as pain flowed through her body. Pushing herself to her feet, she looked around for Jinny or the invisible source of the voice, growling as she failed to see either.

Her Stand floated behind her, flesh rippling as it waited for something to attack.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie groaned slightly as her head swam from the impact, stars exploding in her vision as pain flowed through her body. Pushing herself to her feet, she looked around for Jinny or the invisible source of the voice, growling as she failed to see either.

Her Stand floated behind her, flesh rippling as it waited for something to attack.
    As she stood up, the landscape beneath Jamie began to rise up like a wave, then roll towards her, slamming into her front, sending her backwards into the unseen solid surface. As she landed, she would find her body stuck in place, her hands and legs enveloped and held down by something soft and very sticky.

OOC: This is what is planned, if you have other ideas, go for it.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-14-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

As she stood up, the landscape beneath Jamie began to rise up like a wave, then roll towards her, slamming into her front, sending her backwards into the unseen solid surface. As she landed, she would find her body stuck in place, her hands and legs enveloped and held down by something soft and very sticky.

OOC: This is what is planned, if you have other ideas, go for it.
    Jamie growled, struggling against whatever was holding her while Holy Diver floated next to her. With a growl, Holy Diver's arms transformed into blades and he began cutting at the soft, stichy substance enveloping her hands and legs, trying to get it off his user so they could find either Jinny or the unknown speaker.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie growled, struggling against whatever was holding her while Holy Diver floated next to her. With a growl, Holy Diver's arms transformed into blades and he began cutting at the soft, stichy substance enveloping her hands and legs, trying to get it off his user so they could find either Jinny or the unknown speaker.
    Though [Genesis] had a fluid nature that allowed some resistance to being cut, Jinny could still feel the stabbing even though there was no evidence of actual physical damage. If she had a mouth, she would have reacted verbally to this. As it was, all she could do was bear it as best she could.

Looking around, she noticed that there was activity in the area where John and Boris were. With that, she made a decision and instructed [Genesis] to end the illusion. It was not an immediate effect, however slowly Jamie will notice the real world gradually coming back into view. In time, she would find herself on the floor, engulfed by the fluid body of Jinnys' Stand. With each stab by her as yet unnamed Stand, Jinny's would heal back up and flow back over Jamie, pinning her down to the floor.

Her view of the real world would not last long, however, as Jinny's Stand flowed over Jamie's face, from her mouth up over her eyes. Jamie would find it hard to breathe.

OOC: Jinny only wants to knock her unconscious.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Jamie actually paused, Stand vanishing once again as she looked around the strange illusionary world that surrounded her with a hint of fear and anxiety. Al least before her eyes found the mouthless Jinny standing with her in the empty void. With a growl, she moved toward her, footsteps awkward as her visual and textile sensations gave conflicting reports, with her eyes said there was nothing around or under her but the strange void while her feet said there was indeed a solid surface under her.

Arms extended out to help her balance while she awkward walked on what her eyes said she shouldn't be able to, she slowly moved toward Jinny.

Jamie paused, looking around the void for the source of the new voice. She couldn't see them, and the voice, much like Jinny and Boris, caused the feeling of daggers stabbing into her brain. Her Stand appeared out of her back, looking around like Jamie for the source of the new voice.
    Sandra swallowed raggedly as she watched some kind of inky, goopy mess ooze out of Jamie's back and coalesce into something resembling a human form. That must be her Stand! she realized. Sandra's was only a book, not really useful for combat.

...Or was it?

She decided to hang back. Jinny's Stand had her and her Stand distracted, so she took that chance to summon her own, 「Bring Me The Throne」.

It felt light to her, but sturdy. Sturdy enough to do some damage as a bludgeon. With that in mind, she slowly made her way over to Jamie. **** wasn't right; a conk to the head should have sorted it out.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed some guy do... something to Boris.

"I don't know what the **** is going on," she muttered, "but I am so ready for this day to be over."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra swallowed raggedly as she watched some kind of inky, goopy mess ooze out of Jamie's back and coalesce into something resembling a human form. That must be her Stand! she realized. Sandra's was only a book, not really useful for combat.

...Or was it?

She decided to hang back. Jinny's Stand had her and her Stand distracted, so she took that chance to summon her own, 「Bring Me The Throne」.

It felt light to her, but sturdy. Sturdy enough to do some damage as a bludgeon. With that in mind, she slowly made her way over to Jamie. **** wasn't right; a conk to the head should have sorted it out.

"I don't know what the **** is going on," she muttered, "but I am so ready for this day to be over."
    Jinny saw Sandra approaching, carrying a book, a very large book. Jinny again held out her hand, then pointed to the book, a questioning look on her mouthless face.

As she tried to communicate with Sandra, [Genesis] continued to hold Jamie firm, with Jinny praying that Jamie's unnamed Stand would retreat soon.

OOC: If Jinny could speak, she'd have asked Sandra what the book actually does. I know, but she doesn't and I have an idea about how it might be used.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-14-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Though [Genesis] had a fluid nature that allowed some resistance to being cut, Jinny could still feel the stabbing even though there was no evidence of actual physical damage. If she had a mouth, she would have reacted verbally to this. As it was, all she could do was bear it as best she could.

Looking around, she noticed that there was activity in the area where John and Boris were. With that, she made a decision and instructed [Genesis] to end the illusion. It was not an immediate effect, however slowly Jamie will notice the real world gradually coming back into view. In time, she would find herself on the floor, engulfed by the fluid body of Jinnys' Stand. With each stab by her as yet unnamed Stand, Jinny's would heal back up and flow back over Jamie, pinning her down to the floor.

Her view of the real world would not last long, however, as Jinny's Stand flowed over Jamie's face, from her mouth up over her eyes. Jamie would find it hard to breathe.

OOC: Jinny only wants to knock her unconscious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

...Or was it?

Jamie struggled against the substance on her face, movements weakening from oxygen deprivation. Near her, The Stand turned toward Jinny, face set in a scowl. With a snarl, it thrust its arms in her direction, extending and morphing into spears to impale her.

However, inches from Jinny, the Stand vanished as Jamie went still.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie struggled against the substance on her face, movements weakening from oxygen deprivation. Near her, The Stand turned toward Jinny, face set in a scowl. With a snarl, it thrust its arms in her direction, extending and morphing into spears to impale her.

As soon as the Unnamed Stand vanished, [Genesis] moved off of Jamie, allowing her to breath again, and pooled just behind Jinny. Returning to its humanoid form, the Strand merged back into her and vanished as well.

OOC: Dog, what is the status of Jinny's mouth?

With Jamie falling conscious, Gza-Rza dropped his guard, returning to his master. Speaking in hushed tones, the two of them began walking away from the scene, the old man content that the peace has been restored, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian twitched, before exhaling a plume of smoke directly at 「Jigsaw Feeling」. "Should get that looked at, maybe." Cat was out of the bag now, though. No sense turning tail. She had a full meal anyway.

"Let's go help the siblings."

With that, the organic smokestack took off down the hall.
    When the haze hit the Stand in her shadow,「Jigsaw Feeling」 stood impassive where it loomed over Suzie...who gently waved the little ashy cloud away.

"...I've a mind to, but strange things seem to spontaneously emerge to impede that, lately."

So you can see it...what other things are you hiding?

Despite her exhaustion, Suzie followed close behind, down the hall, straight back to the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    With Jamie falling conscious, Gza-Rza dropped his guard, returning to his master. Speaking in hushed tones, the two of them began walking away from the scene, the old man content that the peace has been restored, for now.
    When they reached the study, Suzie flicked on a few extra light switches to illuminate the aftermath of the happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Jinny went over to Jamie and knelt down next to her. Placing her hand just over her sister's mouth, she made sure that she was breathing normally before collapsing into a sitting position next to her. It was then that she reached up to feel her face, realizing that the change remained. It scared her, wondering if Jamie could reverse this, or if it is permanent. Leaning against a nearby wall, she tried to stray calm, but she was tired herself. She desperately wanted to yawn, but could not. Oddly, this feeling brought images to her mind, images that inspired her for future paintings, should she ever get back to her art studio.

For now, she just sat there and looked out over the room with eyes that were barely seeing what was there, that were seeing what was not there.

OOC: If any of you want, free feel to continue the night in time warp, but I think this might make for a good advancing point.
    ----------

It would take some time, but everything settled once more. Jamie and Boris would regain consciousness shortly after they were rid of the murderous influence that had once controlled them. For Jamie, the knowledge of what she had done would result in her stand being bound by her guilt and as an apology, she would use her healing abilities to restore Jinny's mouth as well as "fixing" both Jinny's and Boris' previous wounds. Boris, on the other hand, would be forever haunted with an unknown dislike of large axes. By this point, it was unanimously decided on that perhaps the best course of action was to just go to bed and hope for some peace, although for some, sleep would be difficult knowing that whatever had taken control of Jamie and Boris was still out there.

Finally, after what felt like five months and a couple of days, this troublesome day had passed.

With the moon's descent came the sun's rise, dim streams of light peeking through curtained windows and upon the eighth hour of the day, the resonating sounds of the grandfather clock could be heard, declaring that morning had come and more important to some of them, that breakfast was ready.